What do you think of these new Lumia 950 metal bumpers?

Summer_Moon

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Anyone with this case notice the cellphone signal being affected by the metal bumpers? I think it is on mine.

Yes, I have noticed the same. It does affect signal, sometimes drastically. I assume the metal is blocking the signal more. However, I still rarely, if ever, not have LTE (Cricket).

emmeborn

Elite x3 & Lumia 950XL Champion
May 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: What do you think of these new Lumia 950 metal bumpers

Mine arrived broken. 😒 Sending it back asap.

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site

Nonsense, the leather is leather and smells and feels like leather. There also seems nothing wrong with the gold band on the side. It's not metal of-course and it could be that it wares off, but mine still looks like new. Nope, fine cover, although expensive.

Not nonsense sir, cheap Chinese crap sold at 4000% markup. It's junk and I have proof as I owned one. You can defend it all you want but its fake leather made in China. The end.

Genio88

Jan 3, 2016
Visit site
I know perhaps i'm asking a bit too much, though it would be cool if someone of you who has this metal cover could post a little video review, just to see better how these things are and look

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site

Beginning to think the signal fluctuation is from the latest Redstone build. Giving it another try

Genio88

Jan 3, 2016
Visit site
Anyone could post some picture of the silver version? would like to see how it looks like, besides the photos on the shops which i don't trust that much

aetneerg83

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
I only have the Gold version, though I do like the metal frame as it makes the phone feel premium and sturdy. The only thing I don't like is the plastic back. I was considering making the back out of aluminum or something else as the plastic back feels super cheap when you feel metal sides and then the cheap plastic back cover.

Corwin_Amber1

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
Making the back out of aluminium means that you can probably not do wireless charging any more. Or call. Or Wifi. ;)
It could seriously degrade the signal.

Genio88

Jan 3, 2016
Visit site
Making the back out of aluminium means that you can probably not do wireless charging any more. Or call. Or Wifi. ;)
It could seriously degrade the signal.

Perhaps you're overreacting a bit, though that's true, the Lumia 950XL antennas aren't designed for full aluminum back cover, but i guess they could have make the back of plastic glass, or something similar to that, like the old iPhone 4 and 5, that shouldn't impact the signal and would definitely feel way better than that cheap plastic, but of course we are talking about a 3$ chinese cover, we can't ask them to do that

Paolo Cardelli

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Perhaps you're overreacting a bit, though that's true, the Lumia 950XL antennas aren't designed for full aluminum back cover, but i guess they could have make the back of plastic glass, or something similar to that, like the old iPhone 4 and 5, that shouldn't impact the signal and would definitely feel way better than that cheap plastic, but of course we are talking about a 3$ chinese cover, we can't ask them to do that
Those chinese covers should have Acrylic back, that is a sort of "glass-plastic" (that's why it seems so light-reflecting in these covers).
Old iPhone 4 had real glass at the back, but real glass would have killed the Qi wireless charging of 950/XL. Does it feel so cheap compared to the stock 950s plastic back cover?

Anyway, I still waiting my silver one too before judging myself.
Could someone that already received it (even different colours) upload more images/videos about it?
Thanks ;)

Genio88

Jan 3, 2016
Visit site
Those chinese covers should have Acrylic back, that is a sort of "glass-plastic" (that's why it seems so light-reflecting in these covers).
Old iPhone 4 had real glass at the back, but real glass would have killed the Qi wireless charging of 950/XL. Does it feel so cheap compared to the stock 950s plastic back cover?

Anyway, I still waiting my silver one too before judging myself.
Could someone that already received it (even different colours) upload more images/videos about it?
Thanks ;)

I didn't receive mine yet too, i ordered two silver covers...i'm pretty curious to see them on a video too, though nobody has done that yet, on youtube i only find the lumia 640 ones

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site

Actually like the plastic/glass back. If it was a tad thinner I would love this case.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs