What do you think of these new Lumia 950 metal bumpers?

Paolo Cardelli

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: What do you think of these new Lumia 950 metal bumpers

Actually like the plastic/glass back. If it was a tad thinner I would love this case.
Are you using it with a 950 XL? How is handling compared to stock cover: more slippery, more difficult for reach tiles with thumbs or it's ok?
Do the XL "moves" insider the case, or it sticks and stay firm?

Could you post some new photos from different views (front, back, side)?
Thank you very much.

I just can't wait to receive mine. :)

DeathMoJo

May 24, 2015
Visit site
I received mine, it was broken when received but it was cheap as expected. Got a full refund from the seller so no big deal but I should have expected something like this for as cheap as it is.

aetneerg83

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site

Are you using it with a 950 XL? How is handling compared to stock cover: more slippery, more difficult for reach tiles with thumbs or it's ok?
Do the XL "moves" insider the case, or it sticks and stay firm?

Could you post some new photos from different views (front, back, side)?
Thank you very much.

I just can't wait to receive mine. :)

The plastic back feels super cheap, the metal housing is solid and sturdy. It actually makes the phone feel premium and the phone does not move around the metal casing. It's not anymore difficult to reach for tiles but one thing it does do is disrupt the signal quality you receive.

Paolo Cardelli

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site

The plastic back feels super cheap, the metal housing is solid and sturdy. It actually makes the phone feel premium and the phone does not move around the metal casing. It's not anymore difficult to reach for tiles but one thing it does do is disrupt the signal quality you receive.
Does the Qi charge still work with that back?

aetneerg83

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site

That's awesome. Can't wait to receive my Silver one :)
Could you post some images of yours?
Thanks!

Yes, but they will not be of good quality. I used a crappy phone (which I upgraded from) to take the pictures. Don't expect Lumia 950XL quality photos here. Ontop of that, yes you're seeing two different cases. One has a flatter metal bumper and the other one has a much more rounded one. The two have different style back covers. The sad part, I will RMA'ing my 950 XL to fix the 3.5mm headphone port. Something is wrong with it as it outputs garbled sound. Other than that I like my 950XL and will miss it while it is gone. I prefer the brushed aluminum cover more than the other crappy plastic cover. The crappy plastic cover already has a scratch on it but it's very hard to see in the photo because of a crappy phone camera on a crappy super low budget smartphone.

20160601_221342.jpg
20160601_221458.jpg
20160601_221547.jpg
20160601_221556.jpg
20160601_221610.jpg
20160601_221622.jpg
20160601_222402.jpg
20160601_222438.jpg
20160601_222457.jpg
20160601_222514.jpg
20160601_222539.jpg

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

Ontop of that, yes you're seeing two different cases. One has a flatter metal bumper and the other one has a much more rounded one. The two have different style back covers.

Ah so there is two different style ones out there, the brushed back cover one looks good, anyway to make it fit onto the rounded metal bumper? :D

aetneerg83

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site

Ah so there is two different style ones out there, the brushed back cover one looks good, anyway to make it fit onto the rounded metal bumper? :D

You can make it fit but you will need to sand down the curves on the back cover of the flat style bumper. Since the two cases are very closely identical the flat cover almost fits perfectly except for the top portion. I like the back cover of the flat stye bumper case but feel the rounded bumper is much more sturdier.

SinrOne

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Bought one of these, immediately threw it into garbage bin. Horrible quality and the holes for camera, windows logo etc, my god they were made poorly and the Windows logo was hardly on the right place. Not even worth the 4 dollars. Oh.. The back "cover" also hardly fit and had a gap, couldnt make it fit while the phone was in.

Paolo Cardelli

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
My silver one has arrived. Yay! Some impression: aesthetically it's beautiful, very premium. In hands, aluminum frame is real solid metal, very nice feeling and grip (the phone does not move at all inside it), and the plastic back has a "glass feel" to it that I really like, and make it Premium to touch too. Overall my 950 XL feels very premium in any sense. What I didn't like: logo cut-out on the back is un-aligned and **** me off, there are some very minor creaks when squeezed and maybe (but I'm not sure) the aluminum case make average radio signal a bit weaker than before. Overall: For 4$? VERY happy of my purchase, and I will keep it for a while ;)

aetneerg83

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
Bought one of these, immediately threw it into garbage bin. Horrible quality and the holes for camera, windows logo etc, my god they were made poorly and the Windows logo was hardly on the right place. Not even worth the 4 dollars. Oh.. The back "cover" also hardly fit and had a gap, couldnt make it fit while the phone was in.

I disagree, the metal bumper is solid and of good quality. The only bad thing is the misalignment of the Windows logo. Otherwise everything else was aligned pretty close. The back cover fit, I had no gaps in mine. It was worth the $5, don't expect too much. The bumper of the rounded case is very sturdy.

Summer_Moon

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site

I disagree with you too. For $4-5 it is quite well worth it. The bumper itself is of superb quality. Especially if it's just a temporary one such as just using it on a trip. It will protect the phone. I do agree that the cut-outs are not aligned very well and that really irritated me, but it's cheap and I didn't really expect much else out of it. I have it as a backup to other cases when I go on trips.

aetneerg83

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
So with everyone complaining about the bumpers cheapness my only concern was the back cover. After feeling it and picking it up for several months I decided to modify my back cover. I wasn't able to cut the Windows Logo hole as well as I would've liked but it turned out slightly better than I thought. The texture from the modification to add the carbon fiber style makes the phone feel slightly more premium than the slick plastic back feel. I'm considering ordering a few more of these cases and modding the back.

I really like the sturdiness of the metal frame but I don't really like the back plastic cover quality.

IMAG0037.jpg

A slightly better shot to show the texture detail.
IMAG0042.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750