I just set up my new Lumia 950, then tried to redeem the free year of Office 365 Personal.

In reality, I was expecting to be offered to extend my family's current Office 365 Home (5-seats) by 9 months, as common wisdom has it. I did this personally when I bought a Lumia 830 last year.

Nope! I touched the offer link in the phone app and got the email. Clicking the link to the email took me to a web page shopping cart which showed a year of Office 365 Personal at $0. But then a warning box appeared which said that since I already have a Home subscription, I would have to remove the extra users to convert to a Personal account before I could use the offer. What?

I chatted with a rep, and she confirmed that the offer could not be converted to 9 months of Home. It could and did last year.

Very frustrating. I really have no use for a year of Personal, but I counted the conversion to Home when determining the value of buying the 950.

Has anyone experienced this? Is there a way to make it work?
    05-04-2016 04:50 PM