No internet connection on 802.11AC on channels 149+

Sfairat

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
Subj. 802.11n on channels 149+ works fine, AC works fine on channel 36, but ac doesn't work on channel 149. Phone sees the ac network on these channels, tries to connect and even gets ip address, but then shows "No internet connection", I can't open anything in edge etc. - it literally has no internet connection. This bug can be kinda annoying when AP selects channel 149 automatically, and phone doesn't even try to fallback to 2.4ghz connection because it thinks that it's properly connected to current network but in fact, it isn't. I had this behavior since I've had this phone, it wasn't introduced just in recent updates, and it's also present on insider builds. Anyone has similar bug? I've filed this to windows feedback, though the chances are pretty low they're gonna do anything with feedback with 1 upvote.

zei20t

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
ok, weird.

both my 950XL and my wifes 1520 both had that same problem on public networks. sometimes it would work, other times (mostly) it wouldnt.

ill search for your feedback and bump it up. it annoyed the hell out of me, especially in airports and while using hotel wifi overseas.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12