Absolutely love this phone

nynamyna

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I recently bought a 950 and a 950xl in BOGO deal. I first didn't like the form as I came from Lumia 1520 which is a beast. But I slowly got accustomed to it and I am loving it now. Especially with the brown leather Mozo on it, it is stunning. I have no complaints about the software. It is flawless. I am waiting for one more black mozo cover and cheap colorful back covers so I can customize it. I tried continuum and it works great. I log in remotely to my work computer using that. Camera rocks too. Also the quick charge works great as it charges my phone so fast. I am not sure what else someone expects for their day to day life. I am not a big app user but I have all the apps I need. I am extremely happy with this phone.

hacer619

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
congratulations on your new phone! mozo covers are really cool addon to the phone. I'm still looking for the red/gold cover for my 950 xl. what is the most thing you like in the phone?

ynotbike

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Nice to have a non gloom and doom post lol. I am loving mine too, going 100 on the motorcycle with my 950xl giving me gps directions in direct sunlight.... woohoo

Y C Neo

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I recently bought a 950 and a 950xl in BOGO deal. I first didn't like the form as I came from Lumia 1520 which is a beast. But I slowly got accustomed to it and I am loving it now. Especially with the brown leather Mozo on it, it is stunning. I have no complaints about the software. It is flawless. I am waiting for one more black mozo cover and cheap colorful back covers so I can customize it. I tried continuum and it works great. I log in remotely to my work computer using that. Camera rocks too. Also the quick charge works great as it charges my phone so fast. I am not sure what else someone expects for their day to day life. I am not a big app user but I have all the apps I need. I am extremely happy with this phone.
+1 <3 950XL

I have my 950XL for almost 4 months now, loving it! Yes, there is a few apps that I wish to have and isn't yet available on the Windows platform, but it is not killing me, I don't have it either when I'm not using a smartphone.
I enjoy seeing my phone getting more and more useful each day, like seeing my boy from a toddler to a kid now, and one day to an adult like me 😁

nynamyna

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
congratulations on your new phone! mozo covers are really cool addon to the phone. I'm still looking for the red/gold cover for my 950 xl. what is the most thing you like in the phone?

Thanks! I love to be different. When I keep my phone on table with brown leather mozo facing up, it is great. I love continuum. Even though it is limited, it is extremely ahead of time. I showed it off to lot of people. I am pretty sure it's future. Apple and android will come up with it in the future. I see people using wireless charging now as if it is a new thing. I have been using it since Nokia days for the last three years.

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Also, I have put in a 128gb card and have all my music in it.

Thx for posting. I love my 950xl also. I try to step away from the status quo whenever I can. Dare to be different.

I also got myself a 128GB U3 SDXC-II by Lexar. 270GB/s. Picked up a stabilizer and smartphone mount. Planning to do some 4K vids. Just random vids.

Hope they bring Edge extension capability to mobile. *cross fingers* need adblocker.

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Thx for posting. I love my 950xl also. I try to step away from the status quo whenever I can. Dare to be different.

I also got myself a 128GB U3 SDXC-II by Lexar. 270GB/s. Picked up a stabilizer and smartphone mount. Planning to do some 4K vids. Just random vids.

Hope they bring Edge extension capability to mobile. *cross fingers* need adblocker.

How is the sd cards speed? Does the photo app load quickly or.lotsa delay?

nynamyna

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Glad to see a positive thread here. Thanks
Thanks. I was very hesitant because of the negative reviews and user reviews. But i am glad I tried. I think Microsoft should have really pushed mozo cases or may be should have sold it along with the phone. The big negativity I see in reviews are about how cheap this phone looks. But I don't feel it cheap even without mozo.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
....the big negativity I see in reviews are about how cheap this phone looks.

ya .. cos it wasnt made with freaking metal it was not "premium"... whatever that means. For typical phone owners, a bare naked phone only exists when it was first unbox, most of the time its wrapped in cases and protectors.

For me, the quality of the screen is the more important cos thats that we look at whenever we use it.

nynamyna

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
ya .. cos it wasnt made with freaking metal it was not "premium"... whatever that means. For typical phone owners, a bare naked phone only exists when it was first unbox, most of the time its wrapped in cases and protectors.

For me, the quality of the screen is the more important cos thats that we look at whenever we use it.
I absolutely agree with you on this. People put huge cases to protect iphones and androids. It looks so ugly. Where as here, you can just change the back cover to whatever you want. How convenient!

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
How is the sd cards speed? Does the photo app load quickly or.lotsa delay?

Yes, local photos load quick. OneDrive photos takes a bit depending on internet speeds. But your mileage may vary. But it should help when recording 4k due to much higher bandwidth of the SD chip, but possibly limited by the onboard SD slot speed.

It is faster than my previous PNY 128GB SD chip U1 class 10 SDXC UHS-I. 65MB/s. Both sheet speed and actual real world performance speed are faster, but the 950XL is no where maxing this SD chip speeds. I was just future proofing.

I can use it on new phones and DSLR, tablets, Ultrabook's, etc.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Don't forget the 950 and 950 XL will get better with upcoming updates i.e recent updates enabled USB over Ethernet :winktongue:.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo