using continuum to mirrorcast to a smart tv

gsjansen

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
This weekend, I decided to try and mirrorcast my 950 xl to my new Samsung smart television.

The television has a setting under networks to mirror a device to the screen. It also has a wifi direct setting.

First I tried the wifi direct.....nope, couldn't connect up that way.

When I tried the mirror setting it took me to a screen on the television that instructed me to download the app from the android store, and once downloaded just click connect on the app.............well we all know that ain't gonna work............

.....but while still on that screen on the television, I decided to bring up continuum. I selected wireless connection in the continuum app...and viola! the 950 xl sees the television, I select it on the phone, and the 950 xl is mirrored to the television!!!

The screen of the 950 xl turns into a track pad to move the cursor around on the television screen. I found this to be cumbersome, so I took out my arc touch mouse, and the experience was quite good. I opened up an excel worksheet and actually was able to be productive on it.

This is such a great way to show photos from my phone on the big screen television without having to drag out the display dock.

Maybe this is old news to most, but I was pleasantly surprised to find that I could use this great function with continuum without having to use, (or more importantly), not buy a dongle!

marcox92

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Right its great; but on your phone, just right clic on a video an "chose read on"
Then you normally your TV (if connected to your WiFi network) appears on te list of devices aviable
OK
On TV a message asks if you're ok
and done; more simple no ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goergtalk