Is Camera Button Useless?

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
I took some pics by just pushing camera button without login to camera and then turned phone off. After 10 minutes to my amazement my chest was burning from overheating of phone. Never before even during recharge I had felt such high heat from 950XL. I found that camera does not turn off by OFF button after taking pics. I had to turn 950XL on login then turn camera off. After this camera started to cool down.

QUESTIONs:
  • is this normal action on 950XL that not be able turn camera off only by camera button?
  • if there a way to remedy this? It is very inconvenient to take a picture then have to turn 950XL on login turn camera off:angry:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I normally long press my camera button, take photo, press back to exit back to lock screen and then press lock button

I tested right now and if I open camera while phone is locked, and then lock the phone while camera is open, the shutter closes so the camera is technically off.

Your case might have been a one time glitch. Try again using the same scenario that happened to you

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Weird. I was wondering about this, I was trying to take a photo in a hurry yesterday at my daughter's orchestra deal, and the camera button did nothing (from locked/off). I forgot about this issue until just now when I saw this thread, and tested it, same deal. I couldn't get my camera button to function, at all this time, not even to take a pic if I opened the camera via menu.
I rebooted, and now it works, but for how long, I wonder...
I really like this feature, not sure what's happened in .242, but I wish it would get fixed, soon!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Weird. I was wondering about this, I was trying to take a photo in a hurry yesterday at my daughter's orchestra deal, and the camera button did nothing (from locked/off). I forgot about this issue until just now when I saw this thread, and tested it, same deal. I couldn't get my camera button to function, at all this time, not even to take a pic if I opened the camera via menu.
I rebooted, and now it works, but for how long, I wonder...
I really like this feature, not sure what's happened in .242, but I wish it would get fixed, soon!

A new OS update is out, 10586.318

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Yep, so far so good, I haven't seen this on 318, but I've only been on it since yesterday late afternoon. Worked fine this AM though, tested it first thing, so that's a good sign, maybe. It depends on if it's simply a timeout bug that was causing it, or a sequence that occurred before it slept for awhile.
Fingers-crossed. It's one thing to know the camera button doesn't work, at least you plan for that, but entirely different to expect it to, it's one of those features that when you're using it in a hurry, and it fails, the time often passes by...

sst154

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
Don't know if has something to do, but have you tried disabling the option that prevents the camera from an accidental launch?

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Originally posted by sst154
Don't know if has something to do, but have you tried disabling the option that prevents the camera from an accidental launch?

Nope, that was "off", intentionally, the first thing I checked on Thursday, when this caught me off-guard, I had exactly the same thought.
I checked it again today, after yesterday's upgrade, haven't seen this re-surface, I've maybe tested it 3-4 times after an hour or two sleep in-between, worked every time. I'm guessing it's fixed.

raggedy b

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Mines always been a bit vague on turning on the camera from sleep mode but I've now disabled accidental turning on and it turns on every time when I hit the camera button ,just hopefully not when it's in my pocket ,I'm not on insider

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12