08-22-2016 12:21 PM
47 12
tools
    This stupid stupid phone does not save my pic on sd card but places pics on stupid onedrive after damaging them so no longer neither have pics on sd nor on onedrive. Stupid stupid phone😠
    RohanRonQM likes this.
    07-10-2016 05:24 AM
    Maybe the problem is the SD card and not the phone. But if the card is bad, I would have thought it would complain about the card. Did it never warn that there could be a problem with the card?
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    07-10-2016 05:34 AM
    Bad SD card?

If not, check Settings/System/Storage/Save Locations/New pictures will save to

If you don't want them on OneDrive check Settings/Devices/Default Camera/Manage OneDrive upload settings.
    Chintan Gohel and JRDEMASKUS like this.
    07-10-2016 08:47 AM
    funny but all my hundreds of pics are just fine on my onedrive... try a factory restore your device and see if that helps
    07-10-2016 09:56 PM
    I've literally taken Gigabytes of photos with my 950XL and OneDrive is doing such a good job that I have stopped plugging my 950XL into my PC to sync the photos and videos since I can just let OneDrive do it.

One thing I did realize to do was have the photo app in the phone only show the photos in the phone's storage and NOT also the OneDrive source as well.
    The reason is one day I didn't pay attention and I thought I was just deleting files in the phone but was deleting files on OneDrive as well!
    So with the photo app settings to only show photos in the phone that no longer happens.
    And I just use the OneDrive app to look at the OneDrive camera roll separately.
    07-11-2016 12:24 AM
    Make sure you format the SD card to FAT32 or exFAT. I had a similar problem and my microSD card and only resolved once formatted to FAT32.

Originally posted by Mesbah
    This stupid stupid phone does not save my pic on sd card but places pics on stupid onedrive after damaging them so no longer neither have pics on sd nor on onedrive. Stupid stupid phone😠
    Mesbah likes this.
    07-11-2016 12:51 AM
    I've literally taken Gigabytes of photos with my 950XL and OneDrive is doing such a good job that I have stopped plugging my 950XL into my PC to sync the photos and videos since I can just let OneDrive do it.

One thing I did realize to do was have the photo app in the phone only show the photos in the phone's storage and NOT also the OneDrive source as well.
    The reason is one day I didn't pay attention and I thought I was just deleting files in the phone but was deleting files on OneDrive as well!
    So with the photo app settings to only show photos in the phone that no longer happens.
    you know the deleted photos in onedrive stay in onedrive recycle bin, though for a month only
    07-12-2016 03:28 AM

There's a setting you can enable whether or not to show JUST the local photos or both onedrive and local photos. When/if you have both enabled and you try to delete a photo, it asks you "delete his from OneDrive? This will include all copies"
    Chintan Gohel and Mesbah like this.
    07-12-2016 04:08 PM
    Typical thread. Show up. Complain. Not address questions. Means user error to me.
    Chintan Gohel and xandros9 like this.
    07-13-2016 12:25 AM
    Typical thread. Show up. Complain. Not address questions. Means user error to me.
    getting a lot of these with titles that just asks for attention
    07-13-2016 01:41 AM
    Originally posted by Allen Rhodes
    +1. People do realise that the big 'E' stands for Edge, which is the updated and improved IE, and allows you to connect to the Interweb and research before blaming everyone else but themselves????

The 950xl, for me, is a top device. When paired with OneDrive, storage for pics is always spot on. Could be dodgy WiFi etc. Could be user error.....
    07-13-2016 02:44 AM
    950XL
    SD 128GB

For some reason 1Drive does not sync my Photos on SD card. This started after MS updated 950XL OS such that SD cards no longer could be processed outside the phone, like on a PC. PC always sees SD as readonly and nothing can be done to files on SD not deleting not changing names nothing not even MS can format the SD card. So basically $200 SD card has become useless as even 950XL cannot format it or delete files. I can download photos from 1Drive into SD but after an hour all are deleted again on the SD card.

How can I revive my 128GB SDXC card to be formatted by 950XL and Photos be synced regularly by 1Drive?
    08-07-2016 01:52 AM
    950XL
    SD 128GB

For some reason 1Drive does not sync my Photos on SD card. This started after MS updated 950XL OS such that SD cards no longer could be processed outside the phone, like on a PC. PC always sees SD as readonly and nothing can be done to files on SD not deleting not changing names nothing not even MS can format the SD card. So basically $200 SD card has become useless as even 950XL cannot format it or delete files. I can download photos from 1Drive into SD but after an hour all are deleted again on the SD card.

How can I revive my 128GB SDXC card to be formatted by 950XL and Photos be synced regularly by 1Drive?
    Try this SD card formatter :D
    08-07-2016 06:07 AM
    I need 950XL to format my SDXC card while inside phone.
    08-07-2016 09:59 AM
    950XL
    Photos on SD card get deleted daily and it a remedy by Microsoft is long overdue.
    08-09-2016 05:24 PM
    Not been a problem for me, sandisk 200gb card

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    08-09-2016 11:51 PM
    I think you either have a faulty card or a hardware issue with your phone given the number of SDCard related issues you have/have had looking back on your post history. Would suggest warranty call for one/both.
    Chintan Gohel and RumoredNow like this.
    08-10-2016 03:14 AM
    950XL
    Photos on SD card get deleted daily and it a remedy by Microsoft is long overdue.
    are you by any chance deleting the onedrive pictures?
    RumoredNow likes this.
    08-10-2016 04:22 AM
    I had this and got new phone.

it was phone hardware issue
    Mesbah and Chintan Gohel like this.
    08-10-2016 08:36 AM
    CAUSE: was finally found to be defective Amazon Lexar 128GB 833x that its Readonly status was impossible to clear.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    08-22-2016 11:32 AM
    Lexar products are unreliable, i had a 32gb pendrive and after a few months it stopped working just like that. -__-
    08-22-2016 11:49 AM
    Multiple related issue threads merged as the root cause is the same.

Title updated.
    oufc_gav likes this.
    08-22-2016 12:21 PM
47 12