Defective SD Card Causes Many Issues

Summer_Moon

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: 950XL SD Write Protected

950XL:

My 950XL stock in deleting files and folders on SD (128 GB) and could not even format while inside 950XL so I took it out but on PC USB it cannot be formatted due to error WRITE PROTECTED.

DISKPART ATTRIBUTES disk shows:
  • Current Read-only State: Yes
  • Read-only : No
  • No
  • No
  • No
  • No
  • No

However, running remove readonly attribute says successful but it is a lie, still SD is write protected and useless.

Any solution to this?

If you have a MicroSD adapter you can try plugging it into that first. The regular sized SD cards (and the adapters) have a lock switch on them. Make sure it's switched to off on the adapter and place your MicroSD into the adapter and then put it into your computer and try formatting that way. Have no idea if that will work, but worth a try.

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Re: 950XL SD Write Protected

If you have a MicroSD adapter you can try plugging it into that first. The regular sized SD cards (and the adapters) have a lock switch on them. Make sure it's switched to off on the adapter and place your MicroSD into the adapter and then put it into your computer and try formatting that way. Have no idea if that will work, but worth a try.

None worked. It might be due to MS BitLock feature.

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
950XL Folders Disappear

950XL:

Recently when I create a folder and copy files in it next day all its files are thrown out into upper level and folders deleted. Extremely frustrated to be unable organize few files and directories on 950XL SD.:grincry::angry:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: 950XL Folders Disappear

950XL:

Recently when I create a folder and copy files in it next day all its files are thrown out into upper level and folders deleted. Extremely frustrated to be unable organize few files and directories on 950XL SD.:grincry::angry:

creating the folder was in one of the default folders or outside them? I mean, did you put the folder in, lets say, pictures?

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Re: 950XL Folders Disappear

Not in pictures. Folder is under Documents. It appears that 950XL file/folder system is very very fussy about files/folders copied via USB cable from PC even Win10. 950XL only complains about coping links but does not do so for other files/folders it does not like. So it is hard to figure out what it is its problem with such files/folders. At present deletes files/folders without any notice. :angry::grincry:

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
950xl destroys my photos

This stupid stupid phone does not save my pic on sd card but places pics on stupid onedrive after damaging them so no longer neither have pics on sd nor on onedrive. Stupid stupid phone😠

mtiede

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: 950xl destroys my photos

Maybe the problem is the SD card and not the phone. But if the card is bad, I would have thought it would complain about the card. Did it never warn that there could be a problem with the card?

mggm100

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site

Bad SD card?

If not, check Settings/System/Storage/Save Locations/New pictures will save to

If you don't want them on OneDrive check Settings/Devices/Default Camera/Manage OneDrive upload settings.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site

funny but all my hundreds of pics are just fine on my onedrive... try a factory restore your device and see if that helps

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site

I've literally taken Gigabytes of photos with my 950XL and OneDrive is doing such a good job that I have stopped plugging my 950XL into my PC to sync the photos and videos since I can just let OneDrive do it.

One thing I did realize to do was have the photo app in the phone only show the photos in the phone's storage and NOT also the OneDrive source as well.
The reason is one day I didn't pay attention and I thought I was just deleting files in the phone but was deleting files on OneDrive as well!
So with the photo app settings to only show photos in the phone that no longer happens.
And I just use the OneDrive app to look at the OneDrive camera roll separately.

RohanRonQM

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site

Make sure you format the SD card to FAT32 or exFAT. I had a similar problem and my microSD card and only resolved once formatted to FAT32.

Originally posted by Mesbah
This stupid stupid phone does not save my pic on sd card but places pics on stupid onedrive after damaging them so no longer neither have pics on sd nor on onedrive. Stupid stupid phone😠

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

I've literally taken Gigabytes of photos with my 950XL and OneDrive is doing such a good job that I have stopped plugging my 950XL into my PC to sync the photos and videos since I can just let OneDrive do it.

One thing I did realize to do was have the photo app in the phone only show the photos in the phone's storage and NOT also the OneDrive source as well.
The reason is one day I didn't pay attention and I thought I was just deleting files in the phone but was deleting files on OneDrive as well!
So with the photo app settings to only show photos in the phone that no longer happens.

you know the deleted photos in onedrive stay in onedrive recycle bin, though for a month only

real0395

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

There's a setting you can enable whether or not to show JUST the local photos or both onedrive and local photos. When/if you have both enabled and you try to delete a photo, it asks you "delete his from OneDrive? This will include all copies"

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site

Originally posted by Allen Rhodes
Typical thread. Show up. Complain. Not address questions. Means user error to me.

+1. People do realise that the big 'E' stands for Edge, which is the updated and improved IE, and allows you to connect to the Interweb and research before blaming everyone else but themselves????

The 950xl, for me, is a top device. When paired with OneDrive, storage for pics is always spot on. Could be dodgy WiFi etc. Could be user error.....

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
950XL Can't Format SD 128GB

950XL
SD 128GB

For some reason 1Drive does not sync my Photos on SD card. This started after MS updated 950XL OS such that SD cards no longer could be processed outside the phone, like on a PC. PC always sees SD as readonly and nothing can be done to files on SD not deleting not changing names nothing not even MS can format the SD card. So basically $200 SD card has become useless as even 950XL cannot format it or delete files. I can download photos from 1Drive into SD but after an hour all are deleted again on the SD card.

How can I revive my 128GB SDXC card to be formatted by 950XL and Photos be synced regularly by 1Drive?:grin:

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: 950XL Can't Format SD 128GB

950XL
SD 128GB

For some reason 1Drive does not sync my Photos on SD card. This started after MS updated 950XL OS such that SD cards no longer could be processed outside the phone, like on a PC. PC always sees SD as readonly and nothing can be done to files on SD not deleting not changing names nothing not even MS can format the SD card. So basically $200 SD card has become useless as even 950XL cannot format it or delete files. I can download photos from 1Drive into SD but after an hour all are deleted again on the SD card.

How can I revive my 128GB SDXC card to be formatted by 950XL and Photos be synced regularly by 1Drive?:grin:

Try this SD card formatter :D

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Photos on SD get deleted daily

950XL
Photos on SD card get deleted daily and it a remedy by Microsoft is long overdue.:angry:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb