Defective SD Card Causes Many Issues

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
950XL:
Last update made Notification Sounds disappear frequently after installing an app or uninstalling an app or some other factors unknown to me. But is is truly frustrating and disappointing. Sometimes removing battery for 30sec fixes issue but 950XL remains an unreliable cell phone for now.:unhappysweat::angry::grincry::cool:

skhwoody2201

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Re: 950XL Unreliable

I have had a Nokia 1520 for the last 3 yrs and loved it. I have been using the insider program from day one on it and it has been a rough ride. The latest updates have shown me that while the 1520 is a beast, it is struggling with the W10 update, the battery just cannot hack it and maybe it being older hardware it causes a lot of the issues it has. I am a big supported of the windows phone, but the last few months have been really trying and made me even consider moving back to the other two platforms which i really cannot stand.

However I took the plunge and got a second hand 950 XL in the exchange shop and the difference in the phones is massive. It shows me why I should persevere with the W10 mobile experience. It is head and shoulders above the 1520, and that is something I did not believe was possible.

So while you say it is buggy, yes your right, this is software that is still in its early development stage and will take many months / years to polish and refine. The phone itself its superb.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site

I prefer ublock, it has a handy tool select frames and create a specific rule for that source and frame :).

In regards to the font sizes.... typing in large letter just... makes me want to use ublock / adblock on your post
grincry.png

So be considerate to other users especially who are using a mobile browser or on a tablet as your post will also be taking alarge portion of their screen lol.

halflifecrysis

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I have had a Nokia 1520 for the last 3 yrs and loved it. I have been using the insider program from day one on it and it has been a rough ride. The latest updates have shown me that while the 1520 is a beast, it is struggling with the W10 update, the battery just cannot hack it and maybe it being older hardware it causes a lot of the issues it has. I am a big supported of the windows phone, but the last few months have been really trying and made me even consider moving back to the other two platforms which i really cannot stand.

However I took the plunge and got a second hand 950 XL in the exchange shop and the difference in the phones is massive. It shows me why I should persevere with the W10 mobile experience. It is head and shoulders above the 1520, and that is something I did not believe was possible.

So while you say it is buggy, yes your right, this is software that is still in its early development stage and will take many months / years to polish and refine. The phone itself its superb.

I'm glad you like your 950, but I've been on 10586 since late fall on a 1520 and I'm going days before I need a charge. It's fast, responsive and even stays cool. In fact for me, this latest build has been the best yet. So much I'm thinking about leaving the ring and chilling as is for a while. I've played with the 950XL and nothing screamed "OMG" over my 1520 and continuum just doesn't do it for me as a usable feature cause I'm not carrying around an extra monitor and I wouldn't ditch my Surface over using my phone for productivity.

The HP coming later I'm definitely going to check out & also the Note 6. I'm hoping to be convinced to stay W10 though cautious.

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site

Possible bug GLANCE SCREEN+NIGHT MODE

950XL OS:10.0.10586.218 FM:01078.00038.16025.39005

My notification sounds all disappear frequently and I have to remove battery to get some/all back.

I suspect this issue is related to NIGHT MODE: 950XL after End time still thinks is in NIGHT MODE because when I scroll down top of screen I can see texts of notifications in a list with their times of pop up but NO SOUND. Or, a bug in relation of GLANCE SCREEN with NIGHT MODE.

Some WP expert programmer please take a look at this issue/bug.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Possible bug GLANCE SCREEN+NIGHT MODE

950XL OS:10.0.10586.218 FM:01078.00038.16025.39005

My notification sounds all disappear frequently and I have to remove battery to get some/all back.

I suspect this issue is related to NIGHT MODE: 950XL after End time still thinks is in NIGHT MODE because when I scroll down top of screen I can see texts of notifications in a list with their times of pop up but NO SOUND. Or, a bug in relation of GLANCE SCREEN with NIGHT MODE.

Some WP expert programmer please take a look at this issue/bug.

Use the feedback app :).

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site

Sorry my mistake, still unreliable notifications sounds.:grincry: Needs frequent restarts for note sounds be activated again.

Last edited:

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site

For a couple of weeks notification sounds worked normal until yesterday after update to .318 I lost sounds again not to get them perhaps after a battery removal reset. Still waiting to see results.

Noob1ee

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I can only recommend you to do a factory reset and not restore from backups, cannot stress this enough for the people out there experiencing instability issues.

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Folders/Files on SD Disappear

A new folder created on 1drive copied into 950XL SD disappears no matter how many times I copy and recopy it. Also new files in other folders disappear no matter how many time I recopy them back. What's going on? I did not have this issue before .318 :sweaty::angry:

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
After several trials I am discovering that disappearance of files or folders on 950XL can be due to:
  • 1 or more files considered normal on PC are not acceptable to 950XL so copying them to 950XL from PC results in 950XL either delete those files of totally rejects the folder containing them while all still exist on PC.
  • Links on PC are not accepted on 950XL get rejected or deleted by 950XL
  • Files with long names on PC are nascence on 950XL
  • Instead of copying a PC folder to 950XL I found it better create folder on 950XL directly on 950XL then on PC select suitable files and copy to 950XL.
  • If a folder or file(s) on 950XL disappear then I found useful to follow above mentioned methods.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Had this issue on my 640 I even posted about it. I believe it's when it's found errors in your SD card. Somewhere a long the updates when u first power on the phone it doesn't give u the scan for error message anymore and it just loads to the start screen and needs to scan for errors

After 5 mins or so the scan for errors message pops up. After letting it scan and then soft resetting my files and apps came back

However one time it did delete all my mp3s pics and videos off my phone and those never came back. I had pdf files and rar files that didn't get erased tho I still don't know why that happened.

Sent from mTalk

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
950XL SD Write Protected

950XL:

My 950XL stock in deleting files and folders on SD (128 GB) and could not even format while inside 950XL so I took it out but on PC USB it cannot be formatted due to error WRITE PROTECTED.

DISKPART ATTRIBUTES disk shows:
  • Current Read-only State: Yes
  • Read-only : No
  • No
  • No
  • No
  • No
  • No

However, running remove readonly attribute says successful but it is a lie, still SD is write protected and useless.

Any solution to this?

RobotX

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: 950XL SD Write Protected

Similar issue happened to me using 64GB MicroSD.
Nothing I've done to it works, I ended up claiming RMA.
I believe the issue happened on older Win10M build w/ 950XL when installing apps.
There's a lot of corruption going on with installing apps that causes the phone to reboot and messes up app installation and data write status.
Many overheating in the pocket while standby and lots of battery drain if there's stuck download/write.

After a few write error on the phone I tried opening the MicroSD card in computer and the same issue happened.
It's considered write protect. Setting attributes, formatting on different devices or trying to remove partition all failed.

Reading went totally fine, so I can at least backup the file before claiming RMA.
Btw, I've owned 950XL since last year December. Those early version of Win10M has some nasty. Now it's significantly better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99