Everything was going so well...

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
So I've had my 950XL dual-sim for a little over a month and, except for a few minor hiccups early on, it's been quite a good experience overall. However, over the past couple of days, I've had a number of little issues suddenly appear. Reboots and soft resets have not helped.

The first issue, a couple of days ago, was the live tile for the Accuweather app stopped working. Nothing could bring it back to life, not re-enabling the live tile in the app, rebooting or soft resetting. I finally gave up and deleted it and installed The Weather Network app, which seems to be working fine so far. EDIT: now the live tile for The Weather Network has stopped working as well.

Then, this morning, two new issues: I can no longer see track information on my car stereo screen when playing music from Groove over Bluetooth. I can still stop/start and change tracks using my steering wheel and on-screen controls, but the track just says "Unknown". It was working fine before, up to and including Friday of last week (3 days ago). Also, Cortana has stopped reading text messages to me in the car. Again, was working fine up to Friday. Now, she asks me if I want to have the message read but, when I say to read it, there's just silence for a few seconds and then the music restarts.

Don't know what has changed to affect multiple apps/systems in this way. I'm on the current Production build and have never tried Redstone builds. I really don't want to do a hard reset and I'm a little peeved that I might have to do so on the Production build.

Anyone else see problems crop up out of nowhere (i.e, not related to an OS update) like this?

Last edited:

falconrap

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm on the preview build (relatively safe) and it's working with very few bugs. The last production build seems to have a number of random weird stuff happen, which is one of the reasons I switched to it. Most importantly, the Mobile Hotspot seems to correctly turn off and on properly, or at least can be killed by turning WiFi off and back on. On the last production build it almost always just hung up requiring a restart.

Corwin_Amber1

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
Kerry, regarding the bluetooth issues, you could try deleting and repairing the car, if you have not done so.
Regarding the live tile updates, you could check background allowance for apps and switch the ones you do not really need, off. I only switch off background usage for apps I only use in the foreground anyway (for me, this is e.g. Nextgen Reader, TED and so on). The aim would be to free up slots for the ones you really want.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720