How do I solve the extremely low charging of my Lumia 950 XL?

ReHo20

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
How to solve the extremely low charging of my Lumia 950 XL?

Since a few weeks my Lumia 950 XL charges extremely slow via USB-C. Currently it takes at least 7 hours or more to get it from 20% to 100% (while 2,5 hours is normal). Does anyone has this issue as wel. And how can I solve this (aside from resetting the phone, which would be my last option)?

iliramove

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: How to solve the extremely low charging of my Lumia 950 XL?

Is this the USB-C wall charger that came in the box? Maybe you should use it on an independent wall plug and not charging it connected to multiple plugs. There is a difference. I normally plug it to an independent wall plug.

If our using the USB-C cable, try to isolate it from other USB devices while charging, e.g. On an independent USB 3.0 port on your computer. If you're using it on a USB hub and there are multiple devices connected to the hub, the power draw will decrease and hence the longer charge time.

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site

Use a charger with >2.5A DC output current...MS charger coming with 950XL is 3.0A DC output so it charges quickly.

SleepyTheDon

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site

You defiantly want to try either a new charge cable or port. If you're not using a charge adapter with at least 2.1amp (that's on the low end) it will charge slowly

Message delivered by Cortana

M4cc45

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site

If you're charging from a PC then change USB ports. I find the ports in my tower charge it very slowly where as the rear ports are quite quick - obviously a different output.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium