Is is possible to make a custom tile using Pin to Start on my Lumia 950 XL Edge browser?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Right now, every one has a blue background with a E logo. That's not very helpful when you have more than one on the Start screen.

I know app ecosystem is weak on Windows platform. I can get around by using mobile web services. But I feel MS is not helping the situation here by providing generic blue tile for every single website link. Am I missing something here, thanks in advance?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Right now, every one has a blue background with a E logo. That's not very helpful when you have more than one on the Start screen.

I know app ecosystem is weak on Windows platform. I can get around by using mobile web services. But I feel MS is not helping the situation here by providing generic blue tile for every single website link. Am I missing something here, thanks in advance?

it's a much asked for feature, so perhaps it will come in the future

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

arnoldc

May 26, 2016
Visit site
Sweet, one passport account to rule them all. I already have an account from CrackBerry so I can access here without any trouble.

To answer my own question, here are the two solutions I see.
1. Old fashion way, "Add to favourites" on your Edge browser. Not cool but what can you say?
2. Use one of the apps in store that allow you to create web page tile on your start screen. I came across two such apps and they are "Hot Tiles!" and "Tiles Toolbox". There may be more, I don't know my way much in the MS app store. Out of the two, "Hot Tiles" seem to be better suit for my needs. Trial version won't allow you to use your own custom icon but $1.19 will get you to the full version.

Seriously, overlook such simple yet useful function on a new Lumia device is hard to believe.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre