Sim Question

JDHamilton6

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
Sorry for the basic question. I did some searches and couldn't fine a clear answer. Alluded to, but not exact.

Long story short - did the BOGO on the 950/950xl. Wife didn't like the 950xl, or AT&T for that matter, so she took her Icon and bailed back to Verizon.

So, I want to test drive both to see which I like best. Can I just swap my sim back and forth between them? Use the 950 for a day or two then the xl for a day or two. Maybe even a few swaps in the same day?

From what I read it seems as simple as pull the sim from one, put it in the other and it works as you last left it. Am I missing anything?

Thanks.

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
More than being dependent on 950XL your success depends much on your SIM card capabilities. Usually when your cell phone account is active SIM card can go to any phone and SIM will do the rest. If not then call your cell provider they may need some info.

Last edited:

JDHamilton6

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the answer. I have an active AT&T sim in the 950 now. I can just take it out of the 950 and put it in the xl and my number and data access and all will be live in the xl, right? Then when I want to go back, just switch again?

And each phone will be set up the way it was before I removed the sim.

Sorry to seem so dense, but I have the 950 set up just the way I like it and don't want to mess something up and have to go back to square one...

Last edited:

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Originally posted by JDHamilton6
Thanks for the answer. I have an active AT&T sim in the 950 now. I can just take it out of the 950 and put it in the xl and my number and data access and all will be live in the xl, right? Then when I want to go back, just switch again?

And each phone will be set up the way it was before I removed the sim.

Sorry to seem so dense, but I have the 950 set up just the way I like it and don't want to mess something up and have to go back to square one...

Ya reset the xl, so that you can restore your 950 back up onto it.
Sim doesn't affect your phone theme and settings

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Also check cell provider web MY ACCOUNT see if when you move SIM to another phone you need to insert some info into your MY ACCOUNT. Some countries for more security need you to provide such info to cell provider. Otherwise, inserting SIM from cell to cell is just like plugging a power cord.
Just make sure to keep SIM contacts on SIM card as well as on cell clean of greasy hands etc. and that SIM is seated firmly into its slot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss