Lumia 950 XL Amoled Smearing

kastron

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Yes latest. Have you tried changing different color profiles under extras>color profile?
Might be in some weird state. Try a soft reset as well.

How long have you had it? Do you leave screen on a lot? Does it stay on at high brightness often? With Oled you should keep it off when you're not using it. The blue OLEDs burn out quicker over time. If you do a white background does it look fine? I mean you could use WDRT to do a reset on the unit and see if that helps.

Your system settings do look weird. It doesn't even have any of the icons and the screen shouldn't be gray but either black or white. I had to test on a gray picture because my settings is completely black in dark mode or white in light mode.

Color profile is normal. Soft reset doesnt do anything.
I noticed that issue first day when bought it. White is perfectly white no tint. That tint is only on gray bg. Other colors is normal.

Im on the latest official update not in insider preview that is why i have different system settings.
Thanks for advice I will try reset in WDRT and try latest insider preview updates.

decker5

May 26, 2016
Visit site
today I tried a Samsung Galaxy and it does exactly the same

blue smearing on gray background exactly like with 950xl

regarding the green tint on gray background I can sort of see gray changing but not sure if going slightly to green or blue

kastron

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
today I tried a Samsung Galaxy and it does exactly the same

blue smearing on gray background exactly like with 950xl

regarding the green tint on gray background I can sort of see gray changing but not sure if going slightly to green or blue

Hi. Can you post some pics of that tint? :)

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I dont have that update in my country already.

If you want try that tint download app: Screen Test Helper, go to custom color, set Red Green Blue to 11%
And set brightness to 15-25. The best solution to try this.

I get it, but your 0% looks bad. It should be completely dark like mine. Not sure why yours isn't.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Did you try that app? try different settings. Goal is to set very dark gray.

Don't really need the app And for it to be accurate it would need to support 1440x2560 resolution. Get a dark gray image in that resolution off bing or google. You can search by resolution. It looks fine. Manipulating colour settings in the colour section also makes no sense as you are basically changing which pixels are lighting up and as a result you are changing the accuracy of the colour.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb