Photos both in phone and in cloud - possible?

Crawled Winston

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
Is there any known way to keep photos both in phone (SD-card) and in the cloud?

I take a lot of photos and later need them in places, where is no connection to any network. I also like to have them backed up into the cloud automatically or at least very easy. Manually via USB-cable is not an option.

Now I can disable the automatic backup and keep the photos or enable it and "lose" the photos. In my earlier phone (930) I used an app (Camera Roll Sync) to backup the photos manually, but it stopped working - propably because it couldn't handle large amounts of photos (50.000+).

Any help is appreciated.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Is there any known way to keep photos both in phone (SD-card) and in the cloud?

I take a lot of photos and later need them in places, where is no connection to any network. I also like to have them backed up into the cloud automatically or at least very easy. Manually via USB-cable is not an option.

Now I can disable the automatic backup and keep the photos or enable it and "lose" the photos. In my earlier phone (930) I used an app (Camera Roll Sync) to backup the photos manually, but it stopped working - propably because it couldn't handle large amounts of photos (50.000+).

Any help is appreciated.

I thought the automatic camera roll upload still kept the photos in the phone? :sweaty:

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Love the camera roll sync, cause I can see the pictures anywhere, on my phone(s), tablet, computer, anything with onedrive.

I even have shared my parents folder, my wife's folder to me so I can see all their recent pictures too :)

If you're just starting out uploading a ton of pictures, it might take a lot of time to get sync'd properly.... and even then, maybe just give up the older ones and clear the queue.

marcox92

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
You have two different and independant settings
One for OneDrive where you say if you want your pictures store automatically in
The other for Storage where you say if you want your pictures in Phone or SD card

So With that you ha pics in One Drive AND SD card.

miodrage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Ofcourse there is a way, as mentioned above. Just enable the sync, and put in on WIFI only. That way u simply cannot lose any photo u have taken, also, u will have them in ur phone. Until everything is sznced, u might have some issues. For that matter, i recommend taking all the pics to ur computer, then syncing it with OneDrive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte