How's your 950 XL idle battery life?

trha

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Mine loses about 1% - 1.5%/hour just sitting there doing nothing (Wifi off, Data off, Location on) while the 640 only loses about 0.5% with Wifi on. Results taken from Battery Pro+.

Last edited:

Sipho94

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
My 950XL loses about 3-4% per hour idle. On Redstone thought this improves a lot! 🤔

I think Redstone may in general be more power efficient than build 10586 - even with the cumulative updates.

P.S. I also have all the firmware updates installed.

Posted from Windows Central for Windows 10

Corwin_Amber1

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
Over night, no settings changed (so basically all on, connected to MS Band 2, hey Cortana off): 0,7% per hour.
14342.1004, 950XL single SIM.

DeathMoJo

May 24, 2015
Visit site
On the Slow ring currently. I lose about 1-1.5% per hour with Cortana on, wifi on, Windows Hello on and most background apps disabled except for critical windows functions.

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
On the production build, my 950XL DS uses 1-2% per hour on standby at work. That's with wifi and bluetooth turned on but not connected and the occasional glance at a new email or a quick BBM chat with my wife on her break.

Overnight, with wifi connected and BT on but not connected, it's a little over 1% per hour.

I don't use Hey Cortana at all.

falconrap

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
On the Preview Build, my battery easily lasts all day without charging. See my attachments. You can see two large drops today, and both were for extended playing time on Crossy Road. The rest of the time is either idle or some quick use or browsing. Overall, I'm very happy with the battery life on this phone.
wp_ss_20160530_0001.jpgwp_ss_20160530_0002.jpg

gsjansen

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
this weekend I went over 60 hours of battery time between charges.........I am on preview release .318.......... I would have to say that the 950 xl is the best dayum phone I've ever had regarding battery idle time and use! :grin:

image.jpg

trha

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
My 950XL loses about 3-4% per hour idle. On Redstone thought this improves a lot! ��

I think Redstone may in general be more power efficient than build 10586 - even with the cumulative updates.

P.S. I also have all the firmware updates installed.

Posted from Windows Central for Windows 10

On the Preview Build, my battery easily lasts all day without charging. See my attachments. You can see two large drops today, and both were for extended playing time on Crossy Road. The rest of the time is either idle or some quick use or browsing. Overall, I'm very happy with the battery life on this phone.

Over night, no settings changed (so basically all on, connected to MS Band 2, hey Cortana off): 0,7% per hour.
14342.1004, 950XL single SIM.

Things seem to be a lot better on Redstone. Can't wait for the official update!

this weekend I went over 60 hours of battery time between charges.........I am on preview release .318.......... I would have to say that the 950 xl is the best dayum phone I've ever had regarding battery idle time and use! :grin:
That's insane. How frequently did you use your device?

gsjansen

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
On Saturday used the phone for playing groove music, made a few calls, and sent a few texts. Sunday the phone was idle for most of the day. On Monday I played music for about 3 hours, and made a few calls. A very light load on the phone.

During a regular work day, when I stream music all day long via Bluetooth, and use the phone frequently for both texts, calls, and web browsing, when I plug it in at night, (typically 10 hours after the last charge), the phone usually indicates that I have 18 or so hours left.

The only thing that seems to drain the battery the most is when I download music to my sd card. So I always plug the phone in when I do that.

I love the battery life of my 950 xl!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans