Repair options for 950 XL. Accelerometer broken. Screen no longer rotates. What can I do?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Repair options for 950 XL. Accelerometer broken. Screen no longer rotates.

Got my 950 XL in January. Love the camera and was going to use it for an upcoming trip to Alaska. So of course it slipped out of my pocket yesterday and now the screen won't rotate. Everything else works perfectly but camera is stuck in upside down portrait. My phone is under warranty but since I dropped it I assume it won't be covered. Does anyone know if I can take it anywhere to be fixed? Anything under the cost of a brand new phone could be reasonable. I could possibly live with the issue but would have to manually rotate all my images and videos which would be a pain.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Repair options for 950 XL. Accelerometer broken. Screen no longer rotates.

Got my 950 XL in January. Love the camera and was going to use it for an upcoming trip to Alaska. So of course it slipped out of my pocket yesterday and now the screen won't rotate. Everything else works perfectly but camera is stuck in upside down portrait. My phone is under warranty but since I dropped it I assume it won't be covered. Does anyone know if I can take it anywhere to be fixed? Anything under the cost of a brand new phone could be reasonable. I could possibly live with the issue but would have to manually rotate all my images and videos which would be a pain.

At least try with the place where you got the phone from for warranty - check if they can repair it, you never know

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05