950xl dual sim constantly loses Data cellular

vw65bus

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Let me first day this is my second 950xl. The first one was single sim from Amazon and the second one is from Microsoft.
I keep losing Data/cellular network it goes from lte to nothing and searching. Sometimes its on 4g with no data. Others it's on 2g and you know the deal there.
I first ordered a single sim off Amazon and it did the same, so I returned it. Then Microsoft offered the$150 off deal last week so I figured I'd try it again since I love the phone. But it too is doing the same thing. I've tried stock, slow ring, fast ring, and the other I forgot the name with no luck. I've also went into the phone dialer settings and locked just lte which fixed my data issue but could no longer make calls. So I had to revert back. I've checked apn settings all good there. I've even changed from sim one to sim two and did everything again. I've also started from scratch 3 times all of which has the sim installed the whole time.
I also own a lg v10, Sony z3, nexus 6p, iPhone 6s plus, and a unlocked dual sim Lumia 640xl. All of them keep and hold Data and cellular. So I know it's not my location. I'm a phone junkie and know a lot about them. I'm not a programmer or nothing though. But I know how to customize, root, jailbreak, etc. ect.
Is there anything I'm not doing and is this a common issue with the 950xl. The only other phone I've had trouble with like this was the 1520 but it was an at&t phone and every time I restarted that phone I just enabled the settings for Data under phone dialer settings. But can't do that on the 950xl cause I lose phone call capability.
please help if I can't get it figured out by Saturday I'm going to make a 2hr drive to a Microsoft store to return it. I don't want to though as I love the phone other than that.
oh and I'm on Tmobile in the states
Thanks,

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I am experiencing that on mine but both AT&T. Doesnt help you, but sharing my experience. I am attributing it to them changing their network, dropping 2g/edge. Many people I know are having signal issues. Not just MS phones.

vw65bus

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your feedback,

I've also learned today that on build 318 I've lost the ability to use Bluetooth unless I restart my phone every time. As soon as I turn of the Bluetooth device and back on later I have to restart my device. I'm using Bluetooth headphones at work. It'll connect but music won't play thru them. Weird Bug I didn't have before. Dunno,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre