I just got my Xl a week a go and beside the creaky cover i'm loving it. I have been experimenting a lot especially with the camera (amazing camera) and as the flash is a tri colored LED I thought if it was possible to fire the colors separated (one LED at the time) depending on the white balance of the scene. I think the would be a cool feature.
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    06-09-2016 05:25 PM
    I just got my Xl a week a go and beside the creaky cover i'm loving it. I have been experimenting a lot especially with the camera (amazing camera) and as the flash is a tri colored LED I thought if it was possible to fire the colors separated (one LED at the time) depending on the white balance of the scene. I think the would be a cool feature.
    that's interesting - so I'm thinking if the red led went on, would it give a reddish tint to the photo?
    06-10-2016 12:47 AM
    Ambient color matched flash is one of the highlight features of this camera. Read the original Juha Alakarhu's blog for more details. It's like having a gelled flash except it's even better because you don't carry around gels of different colors in your bag and you don't have to guess at what color to use like you would with DSLR.

I'm telling you guys this is a beast of phone camera we have here that deserves the highest praises.
    Chintan Gohel and pankaj981 like this.
    06-10-2016 02:01 AM
    Ambient color matched flash is one of the highlight features of this camera. Read the original Juha Alakarhu's blog for more details. It's like having a gelled flash except it's even better because you don't carry around gels of different colors in your bag and you don't have to guess at what color to use like you would with DSLR.

I'm telling you guys this is a beast of phone camera we have here that deserves the highest praises.
    just the software needs to catch up and beat lumia camera
    06-10-2016 02:30 AM

This is what I was talking about, but on this case you should be able to choose, or the software choose, the colored flash that is need to fire. This would be awesome. I readed that blog and apparently the camera software already kinda do this but I haven't see the flash fire separately, it would be cool some manual controls.
    Last edited by JP8296; 06-10-2016 at 11:18 AM.
    Chintan Gohel and v535 like this.
    06-10-2016 05:08 AM
    This is what I was talking about, but on this case you should be able to choose, or the software choose, the colored flash that is need to fire. This would be awesome. I readed that blog and apparently the camera software already kinda do this but I haven't see the flash fire separately, it would be cool some manual controls.
    What do you mean it "kinda" does this? It simply does! And why do you need each led fire separately? It creates different flash colors by firing them at the same time with different intensity for each LED.
    06-11-2016 01:10 PM
    What do you mean it "kinda" does this? It simply does! And why do you need each led fire separately? It creates different flash colors by firing them at the same time with different intensity for each LED.

Yeah you're right, the app just do that,I just would like to push the effect even further. Have full manual control over the flash, manual exposure and manual preference over the flash temperature, like when I'm in a scenario whit very warm light I would like to choose the temperature of the flash to get a certain effect.
    Chintan Gohel and GizmoEV like this.
    06-11-2016 02:57 PM