Does the 950XL support screen share to projector with USB-C?

mildor

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Like iphone and some android devices...
With an addapter USB-C to VGA/HDMI a lumia 950 or 950 XL can project slides in a projector?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I believe it does. It will either let one perform a straight screen share OR connect as a continuum device...this is based on how it behaves with Miracast.

mildor

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
This is what I need to know, I'll start giving classes this august and don't know if I should buy a USB type C to hdmi cable or simply a continuum device

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
You already have a projector, right?
If not, a lot of newer ones support Miracast and WiDi, so you don't necessarily need a physical connection.
I haven't looked recently, but I'm betting there will be "lightly used" continuum devices going on sale soon, cheap. I just missed the free continuum deal when I got mine, sort of bummed about that, and waiting for a bargain myself...

mildor

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
The projectors of my university are not miracast or widi compatible I NEED A USB TO HDMI support, like in iphone... not miracast, nor continium... just that, Can the phone do it or not?

SL2

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Here's one.
http://ezq.com/usb-c-to-hdmi-4k-cable-details.html

It's 4K capable (the 950 isn't), I guess that's the reason for the high price.
I think this is a better solution than continuum if you use it in different rooms, all you need is the cable. With continuum you need three cables besides the box.
Only drawback with just this HDMI cable is that it won't charge your 950.
Wireless charging can solve that if needed.

The third alternative is Microsoft wireless display adapter (preferably version 2, not 1), which is a Miracast adapter for any display or projector with HDMI. Your phone will be free of cables, which means that you can charge it while using Miracast. The drawback is that the adapter needs power from a USB port, make sure the projectors got that.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos