Battery "Strangeness" on 420 build? (950XL)

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone else seeing this? I just saw a 98-85% drop, in maybe 5 minutes, typing an email, nothing else background, at least in terms of activated apps (I have most general background stuff disabled, except regular MMS/SMS messaging, phone, and filtering).

Battery has been some awesome since 318/338, this is such a bummer, I figured those days were behind us. :eck: I'm hoping that the 98-85% thing was "glitch" in the UI/API, I can't see it being a real drain; using 14% in 5 minutes would seem realistically impossible...

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I wasn't very enamoured with .318 on my on 950XL

What about it? I was totally enamored with 318, that's kindof funny, I thought it was the best build, in a LONG time.

Update on my battery, it charged in nothing flat, via Qi, and now has been sitting at 100% for a couple of hours, which is making me REALLY suspicious.

Update to the update: I think my battery issue was a one-off, things seemed to gone back to 318-338 performance now, in terms of battery life.

Last edited:

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
What about it? I was totally enamored with 318, that's kindof funny, I thought it was the best build, in a LONG time.

Battery wise, like I don't feel I'm a heavy user, but I only get 8-9 hours of estimated life. With .420 I'm into double digits now 10, 11 over the past 2.5 days... so that's a step in the right direction. Before it was always edge and whatsapp that tend to lead the pack in battery usage.... these past couple days, it seems to be whatsapp that is really leading the pack.

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Odd results. For me, .318 was about the best I've seen on my 950XL.
.338 and .420 are about the same (after the weirdness that I reported at the start of this thread, haven't seen that again), I'd say about 20% worse than .318.

John Hazoury

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
Guys I used to have a call recorder button in the phone while calling or receiving a call, but I lost it after 420. Any ideas, it is a must for me 😭

Grodelj

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Guys I used to have a call recorder button in the phone while calling or receiving a call, but I lost it after 420. Any ideas, it is a must for me ��

Settings => phone => scroll to the bottom to default apps, select "voice recorder" at "choose the app you want to use to manage recorded phone calls".

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Almost a week in and .420 is really not much a big deal for battery anymore... honeymoon is over lol.. Though, if I remember to close all my apps, it's really quite good. I just can't leave things though.

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
.456 appears to be awesome, in terms of fixing battery drain issues!
I lost 6% last evening, over 7 hours (very light use, few functions, mostly on my PC), and only 4% overnight, at idle.
I hope whatever got fixed is noted, carefully, and won't revert.

Narathan

May 11, 2013
Visit site
.456 appears to be awesome, in terms of fixing battery drain issues!
I lost 6% last evening, over 7 hours (very light use, few functions, mostly on my PC), and only 4% overnight, at idle.
I hope whatever got fixed is noted, carefully, and won't revert.

I still lost about 15% overnight - thats ~8 hours not touching the device.

Probably some app syncing too much in the background. Really wish they made the battery saver a bit more detailed, because I'm still in the dark here :(

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I still lost about 15% overnight - thats ~8 hours not touching the device.

Probably some app syncing too much in the background. Really wish they made the battery saver a bit more detailed, because I'm still in the dark here :(

I often turn on "Battery Saver" overnight, if I think about it. I'm almost positive I did that last night, so our results for that slice may not be comparable, unless you did the same?
Yeah, the batter usage tool seems to be great for high-drain stuff, but when you get down to the "long tail" of the apps, it's not very effective at tracking them...

Easwaran N

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
I am also facing battery issue with build 420.

Mine is Blu Win HD LTE (X150 E) and recently offered the upgrade to W10 and I did. The problem is if I plugin the charger, it starts draining the battery (don't laugh, the issue is real). I tried switching off sims, wifi, data connection, closing all apps. nothing works.

Tried with different chargers, I even tried a 2A charger but still battery drains out completely within half an hour of plugging in (say initially it had 30% charge left). But after it restarts, it shows that it has about 20% charge (Normally, phone will not restart immediately after draining the battery. it needs to gain a few percentage charge before it restarts. But now, it restarts immediately after saying "Good Bye". So I think its a software issue). If I remove the charger, the draining stops and it can last for half a day but if I leave it plugged in, again the charge comes down and restarts. This cycle continues for a while and randomly, after a restart, it starts gaining charge. If it charges to 50-60% (and not plugged in again), it will easily last 8-10hours.

This phone is my daily driver and so am little worried.

Last edited:

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I am also facing battery issue with build 420.

Mine is Blu Win HD LTE (X150 E) and recently offered the upgrade to W10 and I did. The problem is if I plugin the charger, it starts draining the battery (don't laugh, the issue is real). I tried switching off sims, wifi, data connection, closing all apps. nothing works.

Tried with different chargers, I even tried a 2A charger but still battery drains out completely within half an hour of plugging in (say initially it had 30% charge left). But after it restarts, it shows that it has about 20% charge (Normally, phone will not restart immediately after draining the battery. it needs to gain a few percentage charge before it restarts. But now, it restarts immediately after saying "Good Bye". So I think its a software issue). If I remove the charger, the draining stops and it can last for half a day but if I leave it plugged in, again the charge comes down and restarts. This cycle continues for a while and randomly, after a restart, it starts gaining charge. If it charges to 50-60% (and not plugged in again), it will easily last 8-10hours.

This phone is my daily driver and so am little worried.

.456 completely fixed this, for me.
Not to mention, I'd say it added yet another 20-30% of battery life, on top of the already-best-IME-build, .318.
I can easily go through a moderate day, and still have 40-50% left, or a light day, and have 70-80%. Good stuff, go for .456, if you ask me.
It's more stable too, I haven't had the weird "dimming" bug that myself and a few others were seeing.

Easwaran N

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
.456 completely fixed this, for me.
Not to mention, I'd say it added yet another 20-30% of battery life, on top of the already-best-IME-build, .318.
I can easily go through a moderate day, and still have 40-50% left, or a light day, and have 70-80%. Good stuff, go for .456, if you ask me.
It's more stable too, I haven't had the weird "dimming" bug that myself and a few others were seeing.

Thanks for the reply. I will try that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6