Wifi and Store issues on 420 build

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else experiencing Wifi dropouts on the new 420 build,

Im running an unbranded CV GB, with factory reset after 420 install

I have 2 routers in the house.. the 2nd acts as an extender for downstairs.. keeps logging onto the 2nd router or drops out completely...

Also, the MS Store.is so slow and returns "Errors" when downloading.... but i suspect this could be linked to the Wifi dropouts

Anyone else.

EDIT:

SOLVED:
On downloading your account on Setup, Windows phone "downloads" all settings.. including old profiles and IPs, and because this is a new OS build.. If you "delete" All Wifi profiles then Setup from scratch.. thatll fix it.

Hope that helps someone..

Not sure about store..

Last edited:

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Weird, I had no such problems.
I have somewhat of a complex WiFi home setup too, one WiFi router (behind a 3-layer switch with a bunch of other odd topology), and two semi-commerical APs, on opposite floors/sides of the house. I get screaming good coverage, everywhere (fought this for a long time, and then broke down and went with UniFi, I'd never go back).
I have my min RSSIs tailored almost perfectly now, handoff is insanely seamless.
On the other hand, if there's any WiFi instability, I'm often seeing it early, since any device on my network has to play nice, all the way around.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes