Is Microsoft lying to us about RAM of 950 xl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Well I'll be.....!

I opened up my 950XL today and looks like it doesn't have any RAM at all. The memory controller is actually creating a page file on the internal storage and using that as memory. That explains both the poor performance and the missing storage space on the NAND chip.

Also, instead of the Snapdragon 810, MS is using a T1 OMAP processor, same as my old calculator.

Thank you sir, for opening our eyes. I am on my way to the court now.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Aida64 is an app designed by professionals who deal exclusively with this sort of stuff and it shows the right amount of Ram. They are partnered with many big companies from Intel, Corsair to AMD. You probably should trust this app over any other.

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Jokes aside, this post is only creating confusion among the readers. My points

1. The apps being used to check the RAM are simply wrong, they were clearly designed for an older 8.1 era and cannot get correct information from the OS. The OP should contact the devs for these apps to get clarification and have them fix the app.
  2. AIDA64 us a professional app, I have full confidence it is right.
  3. Microsoft is not a 2-bit garage company which would try to fool its users like this, to this extent. Just think about it for a second

It is clear that the OP is actually not looking for clarification as to why the apps are incorrect, but thinks he has uncovered some conspiracy theory and trying to prove it.

I have a 950XL, have none of the slowness you mention. I would suggest starting a new thread to troubleshoot the slowness, try a factory reset instead of trying to confuse and mislead people.

Saad Rashid

Feb 8, 2016
Visit site
So the conclusion is that aida64 app is the right one which provides the correct data. Sorry someone posted it earlier but windows central app was not showing his screenshot so I couldn't get his point.
Now for the people who are doing sarcasm and saying I am here for conspiracy theories, guys this is a professional forum and its not a place for such jokes. I've been wp user since late 2012. I've had 620, 1020 and after the 1020 got stolen I chose 950 xl (even after all those bad reviews).
I noticed a thing in multiple apps so thought to bring it up in this forums so that I might get help. Secondly someone asked me to explain the slowness so I had to tell my story here.
I've spent a lot of my hard earned money on this phone and I have every right to ask questions about it.
Dear moderators. My query have been answered you may close this thread as it is getting spoiled.

Last edited:

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I've spent a lot of my hard earned money on this phone and I have every right to ask questions about it.

Saad, don't worry about it, the only bad question is the one that is not asked. We were just some fun (at your expense";^).

But, you will notice that we all checked!

Cheers!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
...guys this is a professional forum and its not a place for such jokes. I've been wp user since late 2012. I've had 620, 1020 and after the 1020 got stolen I chose 950 xl (even after all those bad reviews).
I noticed a thing in multiple apps so thought to bring it up in this forums so that I might get help. Secondly someone asked me to explain the slowness so I had to tell my story here.
Dear moderators. My query have been answered you may close this thread as it is getting spoiled.

Don't take the whole thing too personally, people do joke around here and needless to say we aren't on Windows Central to hone our comedic skills. :)

Thread closed at OP request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett