Changing microSD cards with apps already installed on it?

real0395

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
changing microSD cards with apps already installed on it

I don't know if anyone has asked this question before but I currently have a microSD card that I think is dying on me so I want to replace it. However, I have apps already installed on it, so do I...

A) need to move all the installed apps (one by one) to the internal drive and then move it back (one by one) when I install the new microSD card?

OR

B) can I just leave it as is, take out the old card, put in the new one, and then reinstall it directly to the new microSD card by individually clicking on the "this app is unavailable" in my app list?

I obviously don't want to break anything with the apps by doing something like this, but it seems like it would be faster going route B if that is do-able. Unless there's another easier option that I'm not aware of?

Thanks!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: changing microSD cards with apps already installed on it

I'd go with option A. I'm not sure anything beyond an error will occur with B.

Timbre70

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site

I am sure those apps have data that you would still like to use. So route A seems more logical.

real0395

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, ok I thought so as well...I was just hoping for a more efficient way of doing things haha

Summer_Moon

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site

Option A is your best choice. But do you really have to do it one by one? I thought you could select all or something like that? (Note, I haven't done this on Windows 10 Mobile yet so maybe the process changed).

Edit: Nevermind, answered my own question. Apparently it is one by one, thought you used to be able to do all of them.

real0395

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Option A is your best choice. But do you really have to do it one by one? I thought you could select all or something like that? (Note, I haven't done this on Windows 10 Mobile yet so maybe the process changed).

Edit: Nevermind, answered my own question. Apparently it is one by one, thought you used to be able to do all of them.

yeah hopefully they implement a way to select multiple ones to move to/from SD cards

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism