Is there a reason why the mobile repair device team is either incompetent or made to act so?

Pouro Salomon

Jun 23, 2016
Visit site
Four weeks ago, this is correct four weeks ago, I have submit my phone for a repair.
According to their website, the status claimed it would take 1-2 business days for me to get my email confirmation. I have talked, emailed, chatted with all of the personnel and once I ask for the manager that could further assist me. It is almost as if I went into a shady bar and suddenly blunt a name that should not be named and have being denied access to the manager at hand.

Now I am asking any potential competent person out here on this forum; if they themselves have been in the same predicament as I was and what sort of resolution was reached.

I just want my phone to be repair or replace since I cannot use as intended; the screen is green white color as soon as I turn it on or take the phone out of power saving mode. The phone is the Lumia 950XL, which Microsoft has shown its reluctant to create a decent repair website and a team whom gives a damn!

Quick reply to this message Reply

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I saw your original post (and deleted it since you pretty much recreated it with your account here.) and I really didn't have anything cohesive to say. I know you added the "Quick reply to this message Reply" and I thought I'd at least acknowledge your post.

Personally I had to wrangle with MS support a year ago when I had an 830 that tended to randomly reboot. (no software patch or anything would fix it)
So I filled out the form, they footed the shipping bill (which I really appreciated) and shipped it out. It came back with nothing more done to it than a WDRT wipe. I can't say I blame them because the website cut off half of my report for some inane reason.

Attempting to send it back, the important second half of my information would be lost. I didn't have a last name, my issue description ended mid-sentence, etc. So I made the description short and added a handwritten note in the box explaining everything.

The paperwork said another simple repair was done, but the IMEI on the phone that came back was different. I never had another reboot issue again.

Another time was with MS Commerce trying to get a refund for a duplicate purchase of a game. Well, they could see the receipt in my email, but some purchase history thing on their end was broken. (something always is, I don't understand)

I don't really have much to say that applies to you, but I know customer support is hard to get right and easy to break with various cost saving measures.

I don't know what I'd do if I were you. Perhaps call more, ask if they could find the phone, etc.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I have always used the advanced ship if it's available. I give them my credit card info, they put a hold on the amount the device is worth, they send me the replacement device, then I send the problem device back in the same box. I couldn't bear to be without my device for even one day let alone weeks.

Pouro Salomon

Jun 23, 2016
Visit site
I have always used the advanced ship if it's available. I give them my credit card info, they put a hold on the amount the device is worth, they send me the replacement device, then I send the problem device back in the same box. I couldn't bear to be without my device for even one day let alone weeks.

How can I go and process the advance email option? This suggestion my have given me new hope.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Four weeks ago, this is correct four weeks ago, I have submit my phone for a repair.
According to their website, the status claimed it would take 1-2 business days for me to get my email confirmation. I have talked, emailed, chatted with all of the personnel and once I ask for the manager that could further assist me. It is almost as if I went into a shady bar and suddenly blunt a name that should not be named and have being denied access to the manager at hand.

Now I am asking any potential competent person out here on this forum; if they themselves have been in the same predicament as I was and what sort of resolution was reached.

I just want my phone to be repair or replace since I cannot use as intended; the screen is green white color as soon as I turn it on or take the phone out of power saving mode. The phone is the Lumia 950XL, which Microsoft has shown its reluctant to create a decent repair website and a team whom gives a damn!

Quick reply to this message Reply

I'm curious to know which country and city this is? My experience with service centre personnel has been much better, typically taking a week to sort out issues

Pouro Salomon

Jun 23, 2016
Visit site
Does anyone knows the Lumia Device Repair actual address? if you know please share so I can send my phone for repair myself and get this nightmare done and over with.

aetneerg83

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
You have to go to Microsoft's site and submit your IMEI or whatever and they will verify your warranty. Either choose to ship it yourself or use the free 2-Day UPS shipping. I chose to use the free 2-Day shipping because I didn't want to foot the bill.

The address the mailing label has is:

MICROSOFT REPAIR SERVICES
1-256-883-3439
2914 Green Cove RD SW
Huntsville, AL 35803-3524

I would not send the device out without submitting the proper information. The self-ship address is the same pretty much:

Microsoft c/o Palco Telecom
2914 Green Cove RD SW
Huntsville, AL 35803-3524

The only reason I know all of this is because I just sent out my 950 XL for repair yesterday. The phone's 3.5mm jack doesn't output proper sound and everything is static and garbled. Here's hoping I don't get someone else's ****ty refurb that is broken. Everything was working fine on my phone except the 3.5mm jack. It supposedly takes 7-10 business days for them to diagnose and repair and send it back to you.

aetneerg83

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
Well, today I got a tracking number so I will get my 950 XL back hopefully this week. I'm tired of using my sister's crappy loaner phones. I miss my speedy 950 XL phone. Here's hoping this new unit works much better and hopefully it's not someone else's poo poo refurb unit with scratches and damages all over the phone's plastic body. I'll let you guys know how the replacement phone is.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes