Mozo covers 950 xl

JP8296

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I know that there are many thread about this but i wanna some filtered feedback about Mozo back covers. I wanna buy one for my 950 xl because it makes the phone look even better and because of that creaky sound (a lot) that annoys me (a lot). These cases are not cheap so I wanna know how are they holding up. Are the material really good? They resolve that creaky problem? Are they resisting well to daily use? If you have many cases what is the best? I like a lot that cyan color case, anyone ave any problem with this one?

anon(5326758)

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Mine is sturdy, has held up well and looks great. Biggest drawback is how hard it is to push the power button - seriously mine takes a hard, dedicated press before the power turns on.

I have the brown leather case for my 950XL.

Ibodnano

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
No point getting overpriced Mozo case, a sticky note or clear scotch tape will fix the creaky cover.

I advise you to get that knock off( without NFC/wireless charging but with Microsoft logo and cheap) replacement cover from eBay and try to get soft TPU clear case.

JP8296

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
No point getting overpriced Mozo case, a sticky note or clear scotch tape will fix the creaky cover.

I advise you to get that knock off( without NFC/wireless charging but with Microsoft logo and cheap) replacement cover from eBay and try to get soft TPU clear case.

I try to fix the creaky case with tape bt no success.

It's a shame that Mozo covers don't have the Windows logo, I did saw those cheap replacements but I really don't wanna lose my wireless charge.

Ibodnano

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I try to fix the creaky case with tape bt no success.

It's a shame that Mozo covers don't have the Windows logo, I did saw those cheap replacements but I really don't wanna lose my wireless charge.

Go ahead with the expensive Mozo case, my opinion is that it is just not worth that price and wireless charging is slow.

ceraf

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Got mine a couple days ago as an impulse buy from the mobilefun sale. It's a lot less grippy than I expected, which may be a good thing to some. Buttons are harder to press, which I prefer...I used to accidentally take screenshots by pressing the volume and power buttons at the same time. Unfortunately my phone still creaks when I squeeze near the bottom, but I don't mind.

JP8296

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Go ahead with the expensive Mozo case, my opinion is that it is just not worth that price and wireless charging is slow.

I have an DT 900 and 903, yes it's slower than the fast charge but I don't mind just put down on them and let it charge over the night, plus if I lose wireless have the to will be just sitting in the corner.

Got mine a couple days ago as an impulse buy from the mobilefun sale. It's a lot less grippy than I expected, which may be a good thing to some. Buttons are harder to press, which I prefer...I used to accidentally take screenshots by pressing the volume and power buttons at the same time. Unfortunately my phone still creaks when I squeeze near the bottom, but I don't mind.

Which one do you get? Color or leather? My original case is creaky all over the phone, even when I press the power button it makes noise, so any improvement will be a better experience.

ceraf

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Originally posted by JP8296Which one do you get? Color or leather? My original case is creaky all over the phone, even when I press the power button it makes noise, so any improvement will be a better experience.

I got the black leather back + chrome side version. Buttons were ok for me for the mozo and the original.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I have the brown leather one. Looks great and the leather gives a great grip. It does make it a bit heavier and thicker.

For the creaky back. First never rip the case off, slide your finger nail around the entire phone to snap off the connection points.

Here's how to minimize the creak. I used to get it, but it's actually how you put it on that matters. AT least in my case.

Put the side of the case into the area where the buttons are first and then snap the creaking side first.
Hold down on the creaking side through this entire process!
Snap the diagonally opposing side to where you are holding next. Then snap the bottom corner. Snap the bottom hinges well in place as well as the side hinge that opposes the creaky area. snap all the hinges upwards. Now the final process is snap all the hinges on the creaky side upwards towards the final corner snapping the corner as well. The entire time you hold the creaky side! Let go and you shouldn't have any creak. You may need to perfect it but mine doesn't creak at all. It's all about how you take it off and snap it in. Taking it off by pulling it bends the polycarbonate as it is designed to give a bit of bend and absorb force. Typically if you buy the phone it doesn't creak, not until you take it off and then put your cards in.

Anyways give it a try. It works for me most of the time. Right now I have no creaking happening. I keep the original cover on at home to keep the leather one from getting too roughed up. I only put the leather one when going out.

JP8296

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I have the brown leather one. Looks great and the leather gives a great grip. It does make it a bit heavier and thicker.

For the creaky back. First never rip the case off, slide your finger nail around the entire phone to snap off the connection points.

Here's how to minimize the creak. I used to get it, but it's actually how you put it on that matters. AT least in my case.

Put the side of the case into the area where the buttons are first and then snap the creaking side first.
Hold down on the creaking side through this entire process!
Snap the diagonally opposing side to where you are holding next. Then snap the bottom corner. Snap the bottom hinges well in place as well as the side hinge that opposes the creaky area. snap all the hinges upwards. Now the final process is snap all the hinges on the creaky side upwards towards the final corner snapping the corner as well. The entire time you hold the creaky side! Let go and you shouldn't have any creak. You may need to perfect it but mine doesn't creak at all. It's all about how you take it off and snap it in. Taking it off by pulling it bends the polycarbonate as it is designed to give a bit of bend and absorb force. Typically if you buy the phone it doesn't creak, not until you take it off and then put your cards in.

Anyways give it a try. It works for me most of the time. Right now I have no creaking happening. I keep the original cover on at home to keep the leather one from getting too roughed up. I only put the leather one when going out.

Thanks for the tip, I already try to improve the problem with tape and it did get better but not any near perfect. I really don't like be swapping cases all the time, every time I take my out I'm afraid that I'm gona break it in the process.

jnjroach

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I have the Brown Leather Cover for my 950XL and my son's 950, work really well but I personally switched to the Light Oak because I had a couple of colleagues also get the Brown Leather ones and I need to be different.

I like the covers makes them feel much more premium than the plastic ones. They are expensive and are purely a shallow emotional purchase.

g808

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I picked up a few cases since they're on sale and have no issues so far. No creaking, buttons are fine and it's nice to have options while no increasing the bulk of the phone.

JP8296

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Thank you all for the reply's, I decided to go with the cyan back cover from mobilefun, it was out of stock at Mozo. My only doubt is the resistance of the rubber band around the phone, hope that is at the original case level. I was also interested on one of the wood covers but I was afraid that with time the wood maybe starts to peel off from the case.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss