Just got 950XL today, few problems

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
the critical part is the output voltage and output current - if the chargers that you get locally have the same values as the original charger, then it should work. Any charger with a lower output current means it will charge slower

There's more to it. Polarity matters as well. Having the wrong polarity will damage the phone over time. The MS charger has negative polarity symbolized by a "-" symbol.

Here's some good info:

Complete Guide to Using the Correct Charger or Power Adapter (and What Happens If You Don't)

EDIT: The site does mention that with usb adapters it's not as big of a problem.

Last edited:

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I use a 2.4A charger (it's part of a PC USB hub, charge-only ports), with the included cable, and I get very close to the estimated 3.0 fast charge rate. I'm maybe 10% off those estimates, which is pretty darn good, IMO.
This is occasional though, I typically charge wireless, which is limited to ~1.0A.

sheldon cohn

May 15, 2015
Visit site
On another subject about the 950 XL, I have snapped several unwanted pictures, just picking up
the phone and accidentally press the camera button on side of the phone. My Nokia 900 had the
camera button in the same place, side of the phone. I have Nokia 520 there is an app to gain access to the camera, which I feel is better so unwanted pictures won't be taken.

sheldon cohn

May 15, 2015
Visit site
On another subject about the 950 XL, I have snapped several unwanted pictures, just picking up the phone and accidentally press the camera button on side of the phone.
My Nokia 900 had the camera button in the same place, side of the phone
I have Nokia 520 there is an app to gain access to the camera, which I feel is better so unwanted pictures won't be taken.

Last edited:

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
On another subject about the 950 XL, I have snapped several unwanted pictures, just picking up
the phone and accidentally press the camera button on side of the phone. My Nokia 900 had the
camera button in the same place, side of the phone. I have Nokia 520 there is an app to gain access to the camera, which I feel is better so unwanted pictures won't be taken.

There's a setting to prevent this, I believe in the camera settings. It forces you to push more than once, with the camera button, to actually take a photo.
Disable the accidental launch feature for a faster Lumia camera | Windows Central

Liron Ben-David

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
Ok this is weird.
I've ordered online the dock station from Microsoft (still hadn't arrived). Out of curiosity I've tried to open on my phone the continuum app just to see what's it looks like. The app itself is in my language (hebrew) but I get an error message that Continuum is not availble for my current region? (Israel)

Seriously? Cortanna I can understand but Continuum? its the only reason I went for the 950XL in the first place.
anyone can shed some light on this issue?

murtaza_p

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone,
1. Phone is not officially sold in my country so it was privately imported by the store I purchased it from, as such the wall charger was replaced (not the cable just the charger\connector itself) to a 5V-2A Samsung charger.
The phone arrived with battery at 0% so I had to charge it, took it over 6-7 hours to charge from 0 to 76 then I replaced it to LG 5V-1.8A charger I had around and it charged the last 24% in 10-20 minutes.
I guess the Samsung charger is defective? what's the deal with the charging? should I order the Nokia charger like in the Microsoft website (AC-60 iirc)?

the charger seems faulty . try the nexus 5x charger . its usb C and its the quick charge variety as well. would be cheaper than importing the Microsoft one since it isn't available in your country.

murtaza_p

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
Just picked up a refurbished L950XL .. lets see how this goes .
the L930 used to heat up considerably and the battery life was pathetic

Liron Ben-David

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
UPDATE

I got the Display Dock (the wired one) and set to try it out.

first the Continuum app is not availble for Israel - I had to change region to both US and set the phone language to English in order for this app to actually open up.

Next I tried to activate the device,
Connected HDMI cable and set the tv channel to that connection. connected the power cable and I got red dot implying it's alright,
on the device I've opened the Continuum app and chose set-up and it's on wired.
then I've connected the phone to the dock but nothing happens - it does not recognize it or do anything.

what's going on?
I'm starting to understand why people are avoiding windows phones :X
At any rate I've tried to contact windows support team they just sent me a link to FAQ page without any answers I might need to get them on the phone.

Liron Ben-David

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
Update:
Went to the store where I bought the lumia 950XL with the dock station (hd-500).
we've opened brand new phone and tried it as well seems the dock station is defective.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett