08-26-2016 06:54 AM
323 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    Should be easy to verify, is your firmware now: "...16236..." ?

Is anyone in the US seeing the OTA, those with actual US models (not International imports)?
    my FW is now 16025.39005 my OS is 14393
    07-21-2016 02:13 AM
    my FW is now 16025.39005 my OS is 14393
    Yeah, that's the current (or last, depending) firmware, that we're awaiting an update from (to 16236)
    Some have 16082, but that's just a cumulative rollup, the same as 16025, effectively.
    07-21-2016 03:22 AM
    DS 950XL (unlocked US Phone): still no FW update this morning.
    07-21-2016 08:51 AM
    DS 950XL (unlocked US Phone on AT&T): on latest insider build, backed up, installed firmware 01078.00053.16236.35006 last night via WDRT (wiping phone), then latest insider build, restored, everything works including DTTW.
    midnightfrolic and pankaj981 like this.
    07-21-2016 10:08 AM
    Still nothing OTA here for my US 950 XL dual SIM.
    07-21-2016 10:47 AM
    Same problem on the same phone.
    07-21-2016 11:12 AM
    I know no one here has solid info, but would be nice to have a timeline for the OTA firmware release. If it was coming within a week I would happily wait, but it if ends up being several weeks then i'll go the WDRT route and rebuild. Really want my DTTW back, really miss it from my L1020 days. Also the wifi disconnect issue is starting to drive me nuts. Only started happening about to insider builds ago, before that I didn't even realize what so many people were complaining about.
    07-21-2016 12:57 PM
    Well, I gave up on waiting for the OTA update and connected my 950XL to WDRT to get the new firmware. I was having some store-related glitches in my Fast Ring OS anyway, and I figured I might as well just clean up everything. It is now about three or more hours later and after starting from scratch with a blank phone running 10586, I am finally back to the latest prelease version of the Anniversary Update along with all my apps reinstalled and the new firmware in place. Yes, DTTW works -- nice.

What is not so nice is that as a Fast Ring Insider I STILL cannot get the Voice Recorder and Camera updates that permit call recording and panorama images. I installed these apps on my 930 (also a Fast Ring device) with no difficulty, so at least I can see how nice the panorama feature will be when it finally comes to the more recent and more powerful phone. Why can't these apps be installed on a 950XL that has just had a complete system rebuild and reconnection to the Insider program? Frustrating. After I post this I will be off to the Feedback App to let MS know that at least a few of us are still having store problems.

My guess is that the OTA updates will be available later today or maybe tomorrow. I just ran out of patience.

EDITED TO ADD: About 12 hours after posting the above my 950XL got a bunch of app updates, including the most recent Store app itself. Among the others was the new Camera app with the Panorama feature. As far as I can tell, I am now completely up to date on firmware, OS release, and the apps most important to me. All phone-related frustration has evaporated.
    Last edited by DCW1000; 07-22-2016 at 08:23 AM.
    07-21-2016 01:39 PM
    Same here. I installed using WDRT because I'd installed multiple Fast Ring Insider builds and wanted to clean everything up so I didn't see much benefit in waiting for OTA. I know that doing a restore introduces some chance of problems (from settings, for example), but everything seems OK.
    07-21-2016 01:52 PM
    I had the wifi issue with my first 2 950XL's (the first was a pre-order I got on launch day) but my 3rd hadn't experienced the wifi issue until the last couple inside builds. I haven't had a disconnect since my firmware upgrade yesterday, but it's only been a day so I will remain at hopefully optimistic vs. calling it fixed yet.
    07-21-2016 01:55 PM
    Yep, me too, not that it really helps, I really, really don't want to reset everything, again, after my 16082 debacle ;-]
    If backup/restore functioned well, like in 8.1, I'd be using WDRT, in a heartbeat, but the last two restores I've done were more or less a joke, requiring a few hours to get everything reconfigured...

I used to know a lot of people in the bigger Win group, but not mobile, but nearly all of them have moved on, although I might try a couple of emails or calls/IMs, if this drags out.

I really want to do an OTA update ;-]
    07-21-2016 02:06 PM
    Well damn you guys, I can't take it, going the WDRT route! Just started the process. :-)
    Alexander Long likes this.
    07-21-2016 02:20 PM
    Even though I updated my 950XL firmware yesterday via WDRT and installed all the apps and checked for updates, I didn't have the camera and voice recorder updates. I just received the camera update that enables panarama and 20 other updates just now (18 hours later) via a manual update check.
    DCW1000 likes this.
    07-21-2016 03:24 PM
    LOL of course it comes over the air after i spent half a day resetting my phone, flashing W10 after WDRT nearly bricked my phone, and downloading/reinstalling apps.

Well the pain is all over now and i finally can say i have DTTW AND Tap-2-Pay with my AMEX VISA...this is truly an awesome phone now. With the Mozo case and now all these features...it kicks my Note 5 in the balls. I love it.
    Last edited by Lumious; 07-22-2016 at 05:13 AM.
    anthonyng and DCW1000 like this.
    07-21-2016 10:07 PM
    Still no update here. Getting ready to use the WDRT as well which shows an update for firmware.
    07-22-2016 01:20 AM
    Just a heads up about a (minor?) glitch I'm suffering on my 950XL after the firmware (got via OTA).

It is related to Cortana+Bluetooth when I receive an SMS. Now when I receive one in my car:
    - Cortana alerts me I've received a message and asks if I want it to be read or ignored (expected)
    - I loudly say to read it (after the beep, ofc)
    - nothing happens. Cortana quits. I don't get any read

Notes:
    - before fimware update she could read
    - I'm on latest threshold build, so far
    - I've tested with two different cars with two different Bluetooth receivers (VW and Jabra for the records) -> same happens
    - I've not re-paired (yet) the phone with the BT devices. Pairing was done before firmware update
    - I've tested both Advanced Bluetooth setting flag on and off. Same happens
    - If I invoke Cortana of my own (for example to set a memo in the calendar) I can dicuss with her with no problem: she asks and I answer, repeatedly, beep after beep. It's just when she awakes by herself for a message that she apparently can't hear anything in response.

I might wait if AU sorts this out. Else I'll try to repair the device, then I'll open a feedback issue.
    Anybody can test this post-firmware and report?
    07-22-2016 05:13 AM
    Even though I updated my 950XL firmware yesterday via WDRT and installed all the apps and checked for updates, I didn't have the camera and voice recorder updates. I just received the camera update that enables panarama and 20 other updates just now (18 hours later) via a manual update check.
    Same app experience here -- a dozen and a half came through late yesterday evening here in California, including the new panorama-capable camera app and the most recently updated Store app. I edited a prior post in this thread to reflect that fact and retract the frustration I mentioned there.
    07-22-2016 08:31 AM
    Just a heads up about a (minor?) glitch I'm suffering on my 950XL after the firmware (got via OTA).

It is related to Cortana+Bluetooth when I receive an SMS. Now when I receive one in my car:
    - Cortana alerts me I've received a message and asks if I want it to be read or ignored (expected)
    - I loudly say to read it (after the beep, ofc)
    - nothing happens. Cortana quits. I don't get any read

Notes:
    - before fimware update she could read
    - I'm on latest threshold build, so far
    - I've tested with two different cars with two different Bluetooth receivers (VW and Jabra for the records) -> same happens
    - I've not re-paired (yet) the phone with the BT devices. Pairing was done before firmware update
    - I've tested both Advanced Bluetooth setting flag on and off. Same happens
    - If I invoke Cortana of my own (for example to set a memo in the calendar) I can dicuss with her with no problem: she asks and I answer, repeatedly, beep after beep. It's just when she awakes by herself for a message that she apparently can't hear anything in response.

I might wait if AU sorts this out. Else I'll try to repair the device, then I'll open a feedback issue.
    Anybody can test this post-firmware and report?
    this has always happened to me with any build of windows 10..id say it happens about 40-50% of the time. Sending messages over Bluetooth via Cortana is a very VERY glitchy and choppy experience for me.
    07-22-2016 08:38 AM
    I am *receving* messages, though, not sending.
    It amazes me that it seemed to work flawlessly before though.
    07-22-2016 09:20 AM
    Unlike some, I'm happy, if we ever get it in UK, to roll back and start a new. Lots of insiders tend to do this as a matter of course. My mate in the US of A had similar issues after firmware update, and ended up resetting. He says working flawlessly now....if only I could join in... :'(
    07-22-2016 10:39 AM
    I am in California, unlocked 950xl dual SIM. ATT is the carrier. Connected my phone to WDRT and there was a new firmware update today .35006. Backed up my phone, loaded the new firmware and I now have double tap to wake working. Wahoo! BTW - I am not fast ring.
    07-22-2016 01:36 PM
    I guess it's safe to assume that if it is not here (SoCal, USA) OTA by now (Friday evening), it will not come until early next week. I might just go ahead and use WDRT tonight.
    07-22-2016 08:55 PM
    Wdrt clean install ftw. No restore either.
    telomoyo likes this.
    07-22-2016 09:07 PM
    The WDRT did install the latest firmware.
    It also put me back to the last official build.
    It took one update after it booted and then I joined the insider fast ring again and one more update took me to the 14393.0 build and now (the next day) it's going to build 14393.3
    07-22-2016 10:51 PM
    Also my SD Card seemed to be glitching the last week so I'm trying the phone out without the SD Card.
    It sure was faster today. I dunno how much of it had to do with the new firmware/build or how much may have been a bunk SD Card but it is nice and fast for the most part. A few hangs with the facebook beta app here and there.
    07-22-2016 10:52 PM
323 ... 89101112 ...