Double Tap To Wake now available on WDRT and OTA

Macco26

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Just a heads up about a (minor?) glitch I'm suffering on my 950XL after the firmware (got via OTA).

It is related to Cortana+Bluetooth when I receive an SMS. Now when I receive one in my car:
- Cortana alerts me I've received a message and asks if I want it to be read or ignored (expected)
- I loudly say to read it (after the beep, ofc)
- nothing happens. Cortana quits. I don't get any read

Notes:
- before fimware update she could read
- I'm on latest threshold build, so far
- I've tested with two different cars with two different Bluetooth receivers (VW and Jabra for the records) -> same happens
- I've not re-paired (yet) the phone with the BT devices. Pairing was done before firmware update
- I've tested both Advanced Bluetooth setting flag on and off. Same happens
- If I invoke Cortana of my own (for example to set a memo in the calendar) I can dicuss with her with no problem: she asks and I answer, repeatedly, beep after beep. It's just when she awakes by herself for a message that she apparently can't hear anything in response.

I might wait if AU sorts this out. Else I'll try to repair the device, then I'll open a feedback issue.
Anybody can test this post-firmware and report?

DCW1000

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Even though I updated my 950XL firmware yesterday via WDRT and installed all the apps and checked for updates, I didn't have the camera and voice recorder updates. I just received the camera update that enables panarama and 20 other updates just now (18 hours later) via a manual update check.

Same app experience here -- a dozen and a half came through late yesterday evening here in California, including the new panorama-capable camera app and the most recently updated Store app. I edited a prior post in this thread to reflect that fact and retract the frustration I mentioned there.

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Just a heads up about a (minor?) glitch I'm suffering on my 950XL after the firmware (got via OTA).

It is related to Cortana+Bluetooth when I receive an SMS. Now when I receive one in my car:
- Cortana alerts me I've received a message and asks if I want it to be read or ignored (expected)
- I loudly say to read it (after the beep, ofc)
- nothing happens. Cortana quits. I don't get any read

Notes:
- before fimware update she could read
- I'm on latest threshold build, so far
- I've tested with two different cars with two different Bluetooth receivers (VW and Jabra for the records) -> same happens
- I've not re-paired (yet) the phone with the BT devices. Pairing was done before firmware update
- I've tested both Advanced Bluetooth setting flag on and off. Same happens
- If I invoke Cortana of my own (for example to set a memo in the calendar) I can dicuss with her with no problem: she asks and I answer, repeatedly, beep after beep. It's just when she awakes by herself for a message that she apparently can't hear anything in response.

I might wait if AU sorts this out. Else I'll try to repair the device, then I'll open a feedback issue.
Anybody can test this post-firmware and report?

this has always happened to me with any build of windows 10..id say it happens about 40-50% of the time. Sending messages over Bluetooth via Cortana is a very VERY glitchy and choppy experience for me.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Unlike some, I'm happy, if we ever get it in UK, to roll back and start a new. Lots of insiders tend to do this as a matter of course. My mate in the US of A had similar issues after firmware update, and ended up resetting. He says working flawlessly now....if only I could join in... :'(

Rusty Mineer

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
I am in California, unlocked 950xl dual SIM. ATT is the carrier. Connected my phone to WDRT and there was a new firmware update today .35006. Backed up my phone, loaded the new firmware and I now have double tap to wake working. Wahoo! BTW - I am not fast ring.

telomoyo

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I guess it's safe to assume that if it is not here (SoCal, USA) OTA by now (Friday evening), it will not come until early next week. I might just go ahead and use WDRT tonight.

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
The WDRT did install the latest firmware.
It also put me back to the last official build.
It took one update after it booted and then I joined the insider fast ring again and one more update took me to the 14393.0 build and now (the next day) it's going to build 14393.3

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Also my SD Card seemed to be glitching the last week so I'm trying the phone out without the SD Card.
It sure was faster today. I dunno how much of it had to do with the new firmware/build or how much may have been a bunk SD Card but it is nice and fast for the most part. A few hangs with the facebook beta app here and there.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by Mad Cabbie
Originally posted by PGrey
Originally Posted by Mad Cabbie
Checked Lumia firmware and WDRT.

It looks like the Euro CV has it now, on LumiaFirmware, and I bet WDRT does too.
Of course, you might be more like a bunch of us, who figure it'll only be a few hours, maybe a day (a long day...), for OTA ;-]

Still can't see 4T9 on there. Previous roll up one listed but that's it at the moment :'( I wanna play.....;-)

Now I'm miffed. Most of EU except 000GB, France, and a couple of others. Of course the ruling nation of the EU, Germany, have theirs.....

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by PGrey
Originally Posted by Mad Cabbie
Checked Lumia firmware and WDRT.

It looks like the Euro CV has it now, on LumiaFirmware, and I bet WDRT does too.
Of course, you might be more like a bunch of us, who figure it'll only be a few hours, maybe a day (a long day...), for OTA ;-]

Still can't see 4T9 on there. Previous roll up one listed but that's it at the moment :'( I wanna play.....;-)

Now I'm miffed. Most of EU except 000GB, France, and a couple of others. Of course the ruling nation of the EU, Germany, have theirs.....

Arrgghhh, it gets worse! 950, 000GB got it. My son took great pleasure informing me of the fact! Little git! Well, not really. He's 6'4"!! Lol. I appreciate there are subtle difference between the two but, jeez Louise, cut us XL users some slack....

Superzar

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
The new firmware OTA update with DDTW is official in Canada! Just installed it. I've got the NAM CV purchased unlocked direct from Microsoft. Should now be showing up for USA too.

Superzar

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Phone seems faster somehow. Maybe placebo, but it seems the touch screen is more responsive at least.

I've had it on my 950 for a few days now. I've also noticed increased battery life. Also, at top of phone it now says LTE instead of just L for the cellular connection.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I've had it on my 950 for a few days now. I've also noticed increased battery life. Also, at top of phone it now says LTE instead of just L for the cellular connection.

that's funny but now I don't have the L anymore, it says nothing now LOL I just updated today and am so glad I have DTTW! but I can't find the panorama in my camera settings... anyone know where it is?

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
that's funny but now I don't have the L anymore, it says nothing now LOL I just updated today and am so glad I have DTTW! but I can't find the panorama in my camera settings... anyone know where it is?

yea, right between the camera and video mode on screen control

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz