08-26-2016 06:54 AM
323 12345 ...
tools
    So i realize that im not even in 16082? Where was that OTA update?
    This is very confusing. Is there something to trigger the first update via OTA?
    I have a 950xl dual sim US

untitled-1.png
    07-01-2016 10:47 AM
    I've gone this long without double tap to wake. I'm not going to perform a clean install of my OS through WDRT to get it a bit sooner. Plus it's not guaranteed you will get it. And it will bring me back to an older version of the OS. I think I'll wait for it to become official OTA.
    07-01-2016 11:20 AM
    Lumia 950 DS Unlocked CZE, new firmware available. I won't reset my phone just for this, though.

Posted from Windows Central for Windows 10
    Last edited by Daniel Lupienski; 07-05-2016 at 06:22 AM.
    07-01-2016 11:39 AM
    I think I'll let patch Tuesday of July pass. If this firmware comes together with latest th2 via OTA, good. Else I'll go the WDRT route. Past firmware was available since march and MS didn't even bother to push thru the air. I got via WDRT one week ago after purchasing my XL. I wonder if they knew this was coming and delayed the other for this reason..

Inviato da mTalk
    07-01-2016 11:52 AM
    So i realize that im not even in 16082? Where was that OTA update?
    This is very confusing. Is there something to trigger the first update via OTA?
    I have a 950xl dual sim US

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-1.png 
Views:	46 
Size:	57.4 KB 
ID:	128066
    It wasn't an OTA update, that's why you didn't get it unless you used the WDRT to get it. The reason Microsoft didn't do it was because it was just a cumulative update of the previous firmware updates, it didn't add anything new. Where-as this new firmware adds something new and improvements.
    mflotron likes this.
    07-01-2016 12:20 PM
    It wasn't an OTA update, that's why you didn't get it unless you used the WDRT to get it. The reason Microsoft didn't do it was because it was just a cumulative update of the previous firmware updates, it didn't add anything new. Where-as this new firmware adds something new and improvements.
    Specifically, the 16082 release contained no new functionality except as concerns the actual software flash process that WDRT does. No benefit whatsoever to go from 16025 to 16082 for an already running device.

Hopefully this new one will get pushed OTA very soon as it actually fixes something that lots of people have been giving them feedback about.
    mflotron likes this.
    07-01-2016 01:31 PM
    "Trigger a restore" is pretty simple, once you are on the software version you want, go to settings about and reset the phone. Then restore your backup.
    Yeah, good point, I was up waaay to late messing with this, my mind was making me think hard-reset would kick me back to 107, again and ...
    16082 is the most WDRT will update mine too, which I think is just the cumulative rollup, which means I trashed my phone for no reason, ugh;-]
    Repeat: while I had an update, it was the 16082 rollup, NOT the stuff people are getting in places other than the US.
    I have a dual-SIM 950XL, FYI, Unlocked, obviously...

Thanks Pepperdotnet for giving me good reason for a sigh of relief, in my half-groggy state, I'll just get to .456 and reset, I'm pretty sure it'll "right itself" after that.

If anyone confirms a way to get the new firmware here (US), please post, I just checked this AM (Seattle area here, W. Coast) and it's still just the cumulative. Got all excited, thought I was going to get DTap back, bummer...
    07-01-2016 01:37 PM
    See, this is what happens when you're doing this, super-late, after a long day and a 40mi ride; I saw the 16082, and thought, gee, an update, that's the one we're talking about in this thread, when I knew perfectly well the roll-up firmware has been out for quite awhile, and no real use to go install it, just for the fun of resets, restores, and subsequent patch-up, yeah, good stuff ;-]
    I feel like an *****, but I'll be much more on the ball about confirming *exact* firmware update numbers next time, so that's good anyway ;-0
    Really hoping this will make it into OTA soon, even if it does roll into WDRT for the US, I may wait a bit, to see, rather than reset, again, it's a looong process, and I'm still not sure my settings will recover.
    It sucks to come back from a "Recover" and see this message saying "some or most of you settings couldn't be restored...", ugh.
    Hopefully my upgrade to .456 and reset will right things, fingers-crossed.
    07-01-2016 01:44 PM
    You're correct. I've found on this link that .13169 means .318, actually.
    There was .107 just 10 days ago, though. They've probably updated the build together with the new firmware availability.
    Mind din't, it went all the way back to .108. I had to move to .420, and now I've got .456, and am reset-ing, again, hoping my backup will actually work correctly, this time, now that I'm on the build where I did the backup.
    Frustrating, big waste of time, be cautious, those of you about to flash, that you're not just getting the cumulative rollup, 16082 (middle, changed value of firmware).

Edit: Hard-reset, Restore, on .456, still got the awesome "Some settings failed to restore...", which really means, "we could barely restore anything, have a fun day fixing everything".
    I'm going to wait awhile, for OTA firmware now, hard-reset and Restore is still broken, IMO.
    Last edited by PGrey; 07-01-2016 at 02:33 PM.
    07-01-2016 02:12 PM
    So.... new firmware, but no confirmation that DTTW is actually here?

Title is very misleading...
    07-01-2016 02:36 PM
    available now in Spain :-) just got it and it works yay!!
    07-01-2016 02:48 PM
    Microsoft did tell you about this. once you get your device restored, update to the version you were on when you did the backup, reset device then you can restore. some time back the backup format changed. at least that's how I remember it. I could be wrong. just installing the version that matches my back up. will let you know
    07-01-2016 02:54 PM
    So.... new firmware, but no confirmation that DTTW is actually here?
    Title is very misleading...
    how do you come to this conclusion? everyone who has installed this FW has DTTW and even posted screen shots... although in different language but still others are confirming it... so again how do you come to your conclusion?
    07-01-2016 03:06 PM
    how do you come to this conclusion? everyone who has installed this FW has DTTW and even posted screen shots... although in different language but still others are confirming it... so again how do you come to your conclusion?
    Only because there is one screenshot... in Russian, which I can't read unfortunately.

But, if it works then great... I stand corrected!!!!
    07-01-2016 03:50 PM
    Downloaded and installed the FW update. Confirmed! DDTW is present and it works as advertised :D
    07-01-2016 04:12 PM
    Only because there is one screenshot... in Russian, which I can't read unfortunately.

But, if it works then great... I stand corrected!!!!
    How about a video then?

(Disclaimer: Not mine, I saw it in another post a couple minutes ago)
    07-01-2016 04:13 PM
    jtbartin, what region are you in please?
    07-01-2016 04:49 PM
    Microsoft did tell you about this. once you get your device restored, update to the version you were on when you did the backup, reset device then you can restore. some time back the backup format changed. at least that's how I remember it. I could be wrong. just installing the version that matches my back up. will let you know
    Yep, I did exactly that, still got that darn, horrible, sinking-feeling message.
    Have spent a LOT of time re-tweaking everything that got lost, super-irritating, I simply don't trust backup right now.
    It's a shame, it used to be rock-solid, and full trust-able, IMO.
    07-01-2016 04:51 PM
    Available in Greece
    Lumia 950 -> 01078.00053.16236.35020
    Must resist. Daniel in his post makes a good case for waiting till Aug 2 against reinstalling.
    07-01-2016 04:51 PM
    jtbartin, what region are you in please?
    Yep, me too, has anyone in the US been able to get this to work (firmware and/or DDTW)?
    07-01-2016 04:53 PM
    USA; California. The middle number of the firmware should bump up to 53 or something. WDRT bumps you back to .318, so I'm updating back to the latest RS build right now.
    Humhead likes this.
    07-01-2016 04:58 PM
    There's an update in the Netherlands now as well, unlocked 950XL, single sim. *flips table as he flashed back to production build for DTTW*
    07-01-2016 05:09 PM
    I'm so excited about DTTW is coming back! about friggin time MS! but I'll wait till this come OTA next month or perhaps even less! *fingers crossed*
    07-01-2016 05:15 PM
    USA; California. The middle number of the firmware should bump up to 53 or something. WDRT bumps you back to .318, so I'm updating back to the latest RS build right now.
    Weird, WDRT thinks my phone 950XL, dual-SIM, is up-to-date on 16082.

I'm with some of the others now, having had to spend a LOT of time patching up my botched Restore, I'm thinking I'll try to hold out for 9/2, and hope they roll this in, which seems pretty likely...
    07-01-2016 05:29 PM
    Updating my 950 now (Sweden).

Are there any release notes? Dunno where to look when it's firmware..
    07-01-2016 05:49 PM
323 12345 ...