Double Tap To Wake now available on WDRT and OTA

Narathan

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Is pictures/movies in the microSD at danger with flashing via WDRT? I'm not currently installing Apps in there, that'd not be a problem.

I'd bet this OTA will come togheter with the AU, but a good month of waiting is something hard to swallow.. On the other hand the .107 isn't very wise to restart again and would potentially f.ck-up some settings, as I've heard above.

Why MS isn't putting a more recent build in WDRT is something nobody knows..
2nd bet is that they'll put .456 (or any latest TH2 of that time) in WDRT as soon as AU kicks in via OTA (as an emergency parachute for us).

SD card will be untouched, no worries.

Macco26

May 8, 2013
Visit site
You must probably have that backed up on your onedrive already, so go nuts with nuking your phone. :)

I have some movies not coming from the camera. And OneDrive backups are hardly the same quality of photos.

SD card will be untouched, no worries.

That's the answer I was waiting. Thanks. Still at the window wondering if the hassle of downgrading to .107 for some time would be worth the double touch.
^^

dacrazyginger101

May 17, 2013
Visit site
You could possibly be reading the numbers wrong, sometimes the ending digits are similar or one is slightly higher or lower than the other, but check the beginning and middle digits, post screenshots so I can confirm this

dacrazyginger101

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, I was gonna check WDRT, but I got distracted by the latest insider build in the fast ring. I will check soon, but I'm sure I'll see it like other's have. My 950xl is unlocked and I live in the US, so idk what the requirements are to detect the new firmware update via WDRT

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Hmm, downloaded and updated, catapulted me back to .107 though, and lost most of my settings, ugh.
Is there any way to "trigger" a Restore, after getting back to .456, so my settings will work correctly, at Restore-time?

Right now I'm going to .420, apparently you have to do a two-step, to get to .456, handy stuff, not so much...

I knew I should've waited for OTA, oops, darn it, but I hate not having double-tap, coming from an HTC M8...
"Trigger a restore" is pretty simple, once you are on the software version you want, go to settings about and reset the phone. Then restore your backup.

boorya121

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
"Trigger a restore" is pretty simple, once you are on the software version you want, go to settings about and reset the phone. Then restore your backup.
But if you are on redstone builds (incl 14379), you might face some missing Lumia Extras after resetting the phone

mflotron

May 22, 2014
Visit site
So i realize that im not even in 16082? Where was that OTA update?
This is very confusing. Is there something to trigger the first update via OTA?
I have a 950xl dual sim US

Untitled-1.png

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I've gone this long without double tap to wake. I'm not going to perform a clean install of my OS through WDRT to get it a bit sooner. Plus it's not guaranteed you will get it. And it will bring me back to an older version of the OS. I think I'll wait for it to become official OTA.

anon(9642284)

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 950 DS Unlocked CZE, new firmware available. I won't reset my phone just for this, though.

Posted from Windows Central for Windows 10

Last edited:

Macco26

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I think I'll let patch Tuesday of July pass. If this firmware comes together with latest th2 via OTA, good. Else I'll go the WDRT route. Past firmware was available since march and MS didn't even bother to push thru the air. I got via WDRT one week ago after purchasing my XL. I wonder if they knew this was coming and delayed the other for this reason..

Inviato da mTalk

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
So i realize that im not even in 16082? Where was that OTA update?
This is very confusing. Is there something to trigger the first update via OTA?
I have a 950xl dual sim US

View attachment 128066

It wasn't an OTA update, that's why you didn't get it unless you used the WDRT to get it. The reason Microsoft didn't do it was because it was just a cumulative update of the previous firmware updates, it didn't add anything new. Where-as this new firmware adds something new and improvements.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
It wasn't an OTA update, that's why you didn't get it unless you used the WDRT to get it. The reason Microsoft didn't do it was because it was just a cumulative update of the previous firmware updates, it didn't add anything new. Where-as this new firmware adds something new and improvements.
Specifically, the 16082 release contained no new functionality except as concerns the actual software flash process that WDRT does. No benefit whatsoever to go from 16025 to 16082 for an already running device.

Hopefully this new one will get pushed OTA very soon as it actually fixes something that lots of people have been giving them feedback about.

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, good point, I was up waaay to late messing with this, my mind was making me think hard-reset would kick me back to 107, again and ...
16082 is the most WDRT will update mine too, which I think is just the cumulative rollup, which means I trashed my phone for no reason, ugh;-]
Repeat: while I had an update, it was the 16082 rollup, NOT the stuff people are getting in places other than the US.
I have a dual-SIM 950XL, FYI, Unlocked, obviously...

Thanks Pepperdotnet for giving me good reason for a sigh of relief, in my half-groggy state, I'll just get to .456 and reset, I'm pretty sure it'll "right itself" after that.

If anyone confirms a way to get the new firmware here (US), please post, I just checked this AM (Seattle area here, W. Coast) and it's still just the cumulative. Got all excited, thought I was going to get DTap back, bummer...

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

See, this is what happens when you're doing this, super-late, after a long day and a 40mi ride; I saw the 16082, and thought, gee, an update, that's the one we're talking about in this thread, when I knew perfectly well the roll-up firmware has been out for quite awhile, and no real use to go install it, just for the fun of resets, restores, and subsequent patch-up, yeah, good stuff ;-]
I feel like an *****, but I'll be much more on the ball about confirming *exact* firmware update numbers next time, so that's good anyway ;-0
Really hoping this will make it into OTA soon, even if it does roll into WDRT for the US, I may wait a bit, to see, rather than reset, again, it's a looong process, and I'm still not sure my settings will recover.
It sucks to come back from a "Recover" and see this message saying "some or most of you settings couldn't be restored...", ugh.
Hopefully my upgrade to .456 and reset will right things, fingers-crossed.

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
You're correct. I've found on this link that .13169 means .318, actually.
There was .107 just 10 days ago, though. They've probably updated the build together with the new firmware availability.

Mind din't, it went all the way back to .108. I had to move to .420, and now I've got .456, and am reset-ing, again, hoping my backup will actually work correctly, this time, now that I'm on the build where I did the backup.
Frustrating, big waste of time, be cautious, those of you about to flash, that you're not just getting the cumulative rollup, 16082 (middle, changed value of firmware).

Edit: Hard-reset, Restore, on .456, still got the awesome "Some settings failed to restore...", which really means, "we could barely restore anything, have a fun day fixing everything".
I'm going to wait awhile, for OTA firmware now, hard-reset and Restore is still broken, IMO.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss