Double Tap To Wake now available on WDRT and OTA

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Just updated in Sweden. It's live here right now.

Yeah, I just checked, it's here in the US too.
Trying to decide if I want to reset, or wait for OTA; the last time I did a reset, recovery failed, almost completely, spent half a day patching it all up.

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Wow! Definitely will not wait for OTA, will check WDRT later when I have a USB-C cable around. Long weekend ahead, it seems, as I would have to go back to Fast Ring, factory rest and then restore backup again.

Vlad Spatariu

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
Hell yeahhhh!

Can't hard reset though, it would take me literally a day to configure everything right back to the way it is now. Will wait for OTA. Can anyone else confirm that this is working? Thanks!

Vlad Spatariu

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
Users with other Lumias from the x50 family, can anyone confirm that this is rolling out to the rest of those devices as well? I have a Lumia 950

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, downloaded and updated, catapulted me back to .107 though, and lost most of my settings, ugh.
Is there any way to "trigger" a Restore, after getting back to .456, so my settings will work correctly, at Restore-time?

Right now I'm going to .420, apparently you have to do a two-step, to get to .456, handy stuff, not so much...

I knew I should've waited for OTA, oops, darn it, but I hate not having double-tap, coming from an HTC M8...

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Just installed new FW on my Lumia 950XL DS (CV Russia) via WDRT. New version is 01078.00053.16236.35009.

UPD: Lumia motion data is missing
UPD: uploaded screenshots, in Russian)) I have already upgraded to latest Insider Preview since the creation of thread
View attachment 128037View attachment 128038View attachment 128039
View attachment 128040View attachment 128041
UPD: Looks like motion data and some other Lumia extras are missing because of a bug in hard reset process. Will try going through WDRT from scratch again later.

For Rasputin's sake, hide your IMEI number, man!

Macco26

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Is pictures/movies in the microSD at danger with flashing via WDRT? I'm not currently installing Apps in there, that'd not be a problem.

I'd bet this OTA will come togheter with the AU, but a good month of waiting is something hard to swallow.. On the other hand the .107 isn't very wise to restart again and would potentially f.ck-up some settings, as I've heard above.

Why MS isn't putting a more recent build in WDRT is something nobody knows..
2nd bet is that they'll put .456 (or any latest TH2 of that time) in WDRT as soon as AU kicks in via OTA (as an emergency parachute for us).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99