Double Tap To Wake now available on WDRT and OTA

Chris Jennings3

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Microsoft did tell you about this. once you get your device restored, update to the version you were on when you did the backup, reset device then you can restore. some time back the backup format changed. at least that's how I remember it. I could be wrong. just installing the version that matches my back up. will let you know

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
So.... new firmware, but no confirmation that DTTW is actually here?
Title is very misleading...
how do you come to this conclusion? everyone who has installed this FW has DTTW and even posted screen shots... although in different language but still others are confirming it... so again how do you come to your conclusion?

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
how do you come to this conclusion? everyone who has installed this FW has DTTW and even posted screen shots... although in different language but still others are confirming it... so again how do you come to your conclusion?

Only because there is one screenshot... in Russian, which I can't read unfortunately.

But, if it works then great... I stand corrected!!!!

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft did tell you about this. once you get your device restored, update to the version you were on when you did the backup, reset device then you can restore. some time back the backup format changed. at least that's how I remember it. I could be wrong. just installing the version that matches my back up. will let you know

Yep, I did exactly that, still got that darn, horrible, sinking-feeling message.
Have spent a LOT of time re-tweaking everything that got lost, super-irritating, I simply don't trust backup right now.
It's a shame, it used to be rock-solid, and full trust-able, IMO.

Evangelosb

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Available in Greece
Lumia 950 -> 01078.00053.16236.35020
Must resist. Daniel in his post makes a good case for waiting till Aug 2 against reinstalling.

anon(8648115)

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
USA; California. The middle number of the firmware should bump up to 53 or something. WDRT bumps you back to .318, so I'm updating back to the latest RS build right now.

Narathan

May 11, 2013
Visit site
There's an update in the Netherlands now as well, unlocked 950XL, single sim. *flips table as he flashed back to production build for DTTW*

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm so excited about DTTW is coming back! about friggin time MS! but I'll wait till this come OTA next month or perhaps even less! *fingers crossed*

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
USA; California. The middle number of the firmware should bump up to 53 or something. WDRT bumps you back to .318, so I'm updating back to the latest RS build right now.

Weird, WDRT thinks my phone 950XL, dual-SIM, is up-to-date on 16082.

I'm with some of the others now, having had to spend a LOT of time patching up my botched Restore, I'm thinking I'll try to hold out for 9/2, and hope they roll this in, which seems pretty likely...

SL2

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Updating my 950 now (Sweden).

Are there any release notes? Dunno where to look when it's firmware..

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Weird, WDRT thinks my phone 950XL, dual-SIM, is up-to-date on 16082.

I'm with some of the others now, having had to spend a LOT of time patching up my botched Restore, I'm thinking I'll try to hold out for 9/2, and hope they roll this in, which seems pretty likely...

Yep, no firmware for the US XL DS version

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Yep, no firmware for the US XL DS version

Ugh, bummer, hopefully it'll get fixed for 9/2. I yearn for DTTW, from my previous phone.

I wish I could've gotten an unbranded 950XL single-SIM, but it wasn't readily available in the US, for some reason...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss