Double Tap To Wake now available on WDRT and OTA

Y C Neo

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
After flashing the new firmware, do I hard reset and then update to Redstone?

It is not necessary. After flashing the firmware, your phone is back at a factory state already.
Just note that if you plan to upgrade to Redstone after the flashing, don't restore your backup (especially the backup was done on a Redstone build), don't install (just updates existing apps) any apps from Store except the Windows Insider.
After upgraded to Redstone, it is up to you if you want a factory reset, I find it not necessary though.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Cheeky_47

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
For those who are brave...or stupid, depending on how you look at it, (I'm a combination of stupid and impatient...and daring!)
If you don't mind living on the edge, praying (if that's your thing) and not bothered about having shakey knees and butterflies, you can down load the firmware here, http://www.lumiafirmware.com/ser/RM-1085/guid/059X747 and use the instructions here, http://www.lumiafirmware.com/info and flash your device.
I have a 950XL from HN and it works beautifully. (Australia)
Beware that this resets your phone to OOTB but with the latest firmware. DO NOT do a restore if the most recent back up you did is with RS1.
Let the phone finish resetting, then download Windows Insider, update to RS1 and THEN restore.
It works absolutely fine, obviously you can wait until the firmware is widely available...but where's the fun in that??? :)

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
For those who are brave...or stupid, depending on how you look at it, (I'm a combination of stupid and impatient...and daring!)
If you don't mind living on the edge, praying (if that's your thing) and not bothered about having shakey knees and butterflies, you can down load the firmware here, http://www.lumiafirmware.com/ser/RM-1085/guid/059X747 and use the instructions here, http://www.lumiafirmware.com/info and flash your device.
I have a 950XL from HN and it works beautifully. (Australia)
Beware that this resets your phone to OOTB but with the latest firmware. DO NOT do a restore if the most recent back up you did is with RS1.
Let the phone finish resetting, then download Windows Insider, update to RS1 and THEN restore.
It works absolutely fine, obviously you can wait until the firmware is widely available...but where's the fun in that??? :)

Before I plunge into this, does this work on both Single Sim and Dual Sim?

Cheeky_47

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
The method I posted is ONLY if the FW isn't showing up in WDRT, which for me, in Australia, it isn't. And since I want the update now I chose to do it this way.

If you're not comfortable flashing your phone I would wait until it is available from the server.

Narathan

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys/galls, I must say the DTTW works amazingly, but now I don't see the "double tap to turn the screen off". It used to be located at the lock screen where it now says "double-tap to wake".

So I've mixed feeling about this update to be honest. I love that I can tap to wake but I dislike the fact that I can't tap to sleep. Kind of defeats the point of tap to wake if I still have to use the power button to turn it into standby. This is after I received an update for "gestures & touch" so its probably fixed with another update. fingers crossed.

Update: sometimes DTTW doesn't work. If I tap several times, I'm greeted with the "pull down to shutdown" screen.
Pretty wonky thus far...

Last edited:

YC Neo1

Jul 2, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys/galls, I must say the DTTW works amazingly, but now I don't see the "double tap to turn the screen off". It used to be located at the lock screen where it now says "double-tap to wake".

So I've mixed feeling about this update to be honest. I love that I can tap to wake but I dislike the fact that I can't tap to sleep. Kind of defeats the point of tap to wake if I still have to use the power button to turn it into standby. This is after I received an update for "gestures & touch" so its probably fixed with another update. fingers crossed.

Update: sometimes DTTW doesn't work. If I tap several times, I'm greeted with the "pull down to shutdown" screen.
Pretty wonky thus far...

Double tap to off is under the Settings > Personalisation > Navigation Bar.

Regarding the double tap shows "pull down to shutdown" instead of waking up the device, I saw the same complaints in other forum also, but myself is not able to replicate the behaviour.

Narathan

May 11, 2013
Visit site
thanks for the reply! Found it. But yeah, "the pull to shutdown" is a bit of a bummer. I'll keep my eye on this. Whats your device? I'm running the single sim.

WuzzoUK

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Cheeky_47. Nothing in WDRT in UK, couldn't wait, so followed your instructions and couldn't be simpler. DTTW now there on my 950XL, downloaded Insider and got back to build 14379 and restored from backup.

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I'm going to keep checking but at the moment nothing new for firmware on the 950 XL, USA in the Northeast (CT). Just a slightly newer firmware update.

Ong Teng Wai

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Friend, mind to share your path to of your updates? after WDRT my L950 flashed to 10586.420 then I signed up insider program again to released preview updated it to 10586.456. Is it possible to go directly to FAST RING and get 14379 now? all these just to avoid my DTTW feature get lost. pls advice. thanks!

Humhead

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
I want to try Cheeky_47 way, but for RM-1116 VAR NAM 4R CV BLACK (x2 sim unlocked north America), there is no new firmware on the site yet. Argh! Wouldn't want to risk putting another regions firmware on it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon