Double Tap To Wake now available on WDRT and OTA

Y C Neo

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Originally posted by Ong Teng Wai
Friend, mind to share your path to of your updates? after WDRT my L950 flashed to 10586.420 then I signed up insider program again to released preview updated it to 10586.456. Is it possible to go directly to FAST RING and get 14379 now? all these just to avoid my DTTW feature get lost. pls advice. thanks!

DTTW is firmware feature, it won't go away whether you stay at TH2 or move to RS1 for now. After flashing the firmware, you will have TH2.10586.318, and there will be one update to TH2.10586.420. You do not need to update to the 10586.456 if you plan to move over to redstone, can signed up insider fast ring to go straight to RS1.14379.0.

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
DTTW is firmware feature, it won't go away whether you stay at TH2 or move to RS1 for now. After flashing the firmware, you will have TH2.10586.318, and there will be one update to TH2.10586.420. You do not need to update to the 10586.456 if you plan to move over to redstone, can signed up insider fast ring to go straight to RS1.14379.0.

This is true, however, MS could turn off the ability to "enable" the feature, at any point, say if they started to see a large number of "battery life" or other issues.
So, those of you using DTTW, be *really* careful about your bug reports, or maybe I should say "thoughtful", keep the nit-picks out ;-]

mouldywhale

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
Why all the hype for this over rated feature? My 535 could do it. Aren't there more important things to be working on. Wow a phone with THIS hardware can turn on by tapping the screen HAHAHAHA

PJL99

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
Why all the hype for this over rated feature? My 535 could do it. Aren't there more important things to be working on. Wow a phone with THIS hardware can turn on by tapping the screen HAHAHAHA
I don't believe this is an "over rated feature" at all. It is a very convenient feature that many people want, especially those who had it with prior Windows mobile versions before Windows 10 Mobile. When I discovered the double tap to lock the phone, I was very happy, and this DDTW feature will be equally convenient. So is this "hype?" Not for me.

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
While i agree its not over rated, due to demand, I hope its not the only addition in the firmware. The phone is still usable without it. The battery life in general needs addressed badly. Its not terrible but with the size battery we are rocking, asking for a full work day of moderate use, and having more than 19% left isnt a "feature" we should have to request. Also, those of us with dual sim, there are still issues with bad to no signal a lot of the time on the non data sim. Has been since the beginning and isnt carrier caused. This is a top of the line device, should have these issues addressed at some point, closing in on a year since release.

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Bummer, not so much here, in the U.S., no update for dual-SIM, at least for me, anyone else?

WDRT_16082.jpg

Attachments

• WDRT_16082.jpg
    WDRT_16082.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 17

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
It also saves the power button.

Yep, I use the "Touch and Lock" app, for this reason, plus I like the convenience, it's a button placed where I want it, that sleeps the device.

I don't like the "double-tap-to-sleep" feature myself, I briefly used it, but accidentally put the phone to sleep a bit too often; thinking I had missed the Windows soft button, and hitting the bar twice, sleeping the phone (and requiring yet-another wake with the power button).
I can see where it's not a bad feature though, if you got used to it, maybe, choice is good that way, much like DTTW, which I hope makes its way into OTA soon.
I really don't want to talk myself into yet another reset.
Did anyone actually have a Reset->Restore, where you didn't get the error along the lines of "some settings were not able to be restored", which really means, "we could only restore your app list, and your main screen, everything else is manual now, have fun wasting the next couple of hours setting up again" :angry:

SL2

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Do firmware updates usually come OTA eventually, without the need for a reset? I've only had my 950 for a week so I don't have much experience..

peter leung 10586

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
I got the new firmware too (single sim hk). one thing to notice: after upgrading to 14379, you can factory reset your phone and you no longer need the insider app anymore because the insider option is implemented into the settings app.

Alex Fantasy

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
It seems good.
flags_1.jpg

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Technically thats incorrect. Factory reset tends to mean OOTB(out of the box). WDRT is needed for that and will currently install a non redstone build that still requires the app. A hard reset is resetting the current OS on the phone to zero, and starting fresh from that build, after using the reset option in settings.

bemiquel

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
To those of you who already got this new firmware on your 950XL, is there any other thing that you've felt an improvement in? For example, does typing on the keyboard feel more fluid, or does the general responsiveness of the phone faster, etc...?

Macco26

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Another question to whom has already DTtW enabled: is this function working only when the ambient sensor actually understands the phone is in the open?

I mean, I'd see a waste of power if digitizer was kept electrified at all times. Not so much if the DTtW kept electrifying it only when the ambient sensor knows it might be time to expect an actual command from the user: the same time which enables Glance only after phone extraction from pockets, or flip cover opening.

Anyone covering the ambient sensor (enough to let Glance turns down) could try to double tap to wake and report?

For science!

Thanks..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb