Double Tap To Wake now available on WDRT and OTA

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
aww crap! I did the update and don't see DTTW!! its not in touch settings nor is it personalization < lock screen! WTF man! got excited for nothing.... What a let down!

MBytes

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
You probably upgraded to a firmware that was released, but you never upgraded... that is my guess.
Check again, every day, for a few days, it will probably show up. What firmware do you have now?

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Should be easy to verify, is your firmware now: "...16236..." ?

Is anyone in the US seeing the OTA, those with actual US models (not International imports)?

kensyd

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
DS 950XL (unlocked US Phone on AT&T): on latest insider build, backed up, installed firmware 01078.00053.16236.35006 last night via WDRT (wiping phone), then latest insider build, restored, everything works including DTTW.

pipe7

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I know no one here has solid info, but would be nice to have a timeline for the OTA firmware release. If it was coming within a week I would happily wait, but it if ends up being several weeks then i'll go the WDRT route and rebuild. Really want my DTTW back, really miss it from my L1020 days. Also the wifi disconnect issue is starting to drive me nuts. Only started happening about to insider builds ago, before that I didn't even realize what so many people were complaining about.

DCW1000

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Well, I gave up on waiting for the OTA update and connected my 950XL to WDRT to get the new firmware. I was having some store-related glitches in my Fast Ring OS anyway, and I figured I might as well just clean up everything. It is now about three or more hours later and after starting from scratch with a blank phone running 10586, I am finally back to the latest prelease version of the Anniversary Update along with all my apps reinstalled and the new firmware in place. Yes, DTTW works -- nice.

What is not so nice is that as a Fast Ring Insider I STILL cannot get the Voice Recorder and Camera updates that permit call recording and panorama images. I installed these apps on my 930 (also a Fast Ring device) with no difficulty, so at least I can see how nice the panorama feature will be when it finally comes to the more recent and more powerful phone. Why can't these apps be installed on a 950XL that has just had a complete system rebuild and reconnection to the Insider program? Frustrating. After I post this I will be off to the Feedback App to let MS know that at least a few of us are still having store problems.

My guess is that the OTA updates will be available later today or maybe tomorrow. I just ran out of patience.

EDITED TO ADD: About 12 hours after posting the above my 950XL got a bunch of app updates, including the most recent Store app itself. Among the others was the new Camera app with the Panorama feature. As far as I can tell, I am now completely up to date on firmware, OS release, and the apps most important to me. All phone-related frustration has evaporated.

Last edited:

kensyd

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Same here. I installed using WDRT because I'd installed multiple Fast Ring Insider builds and wanted to clean everything up so I didn't see much benefit in waiting for OTA. I know that doing a restore introduces some chance of problems (from settings, for example), but everything seems OK.

kensyd

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I had the wifi issue with my first 2 950XL's (the first was a pre-order I got on launch day) but my 3rd hadn't experienced the wifi issue until the last couple inside builds. I haven't had a disconnect since my firmware upgrade yesterday, but it's only been a day so I will remain at hopefully optimistic vs. calling it fixed yet.

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Yep, me too, not that it really helps, I really, really don't want to reset everything, again, after my 16082 debacle ;-]
If backup/restore functioned well, like in 8.1, I'd be using WDRT, in a heartbeat, but the last two restores I've done were more or less a joke, requiring a few hours to get everything reconfigured...

I used to know a lot of people in the bigger Win group, but not mobile, but nearly all of them have moved on, although I might try a couple of emails or calls/IMs, if this drags out.

I really want to do an OTA update ;-]

kensyd

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Even though I updated my 950XL firmware yesterday via WDRT and installed all the apps and checked for updates, I didn't have the camera and voice recorder updates. I just received the camera update that enables panarama and 20 other updates just now (18 hours later) via a manual update check.

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
LOL of course it comes over the air after i spent half a day resetting my phone, flashing W10 after WDRT nearly bricked my phone, and downloading/reinstalling apps.

Well the pain is all over now and i finally can say i have DTTW AND Tap-2-Pay with my AMEX VISA...this is truly an awesome phone now. With the Mozo case and now all these features...it kicks my Note 5 in the balls. I love it.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos