Double Tap To Wake now available on WDRT and OTA

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
The new firmware OTA update with DDTW is official in Canada! Just installed it. I've got the NAM CV purchased unlocked direct from Microsoft. Should now be showing up for USA too.

:crying: it's soooo beautiful, I've almost forgotten about it after 8months! And it seems to work better than it ever did on my 920 and 930.

What next can they make this phone do to make it feel like new again? :grin:

cdayo

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
:crying: it's soooo beautiful, I've almost forgotten about it after 8months! And it seems to work better than it ever did on my 920 and 930.

What next can they make this phone do to make it feel like new again? :grin:

It's definitely not as fast to "wake" as it was on my 920... I reckon it could be at least twice as fast as it is now

TennisGuy45

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I just received my update this morning via slow ring on the insider program.

So far DDTW is kinda buggy. Sometimes it wakes after two taps and sometimes it takes more like 4 taps.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I'll be honest, I've never used DTTW for daily use on any of my previous Lumias but since getting the feature on the XL I've been constantly using it for locking and unlocking. It has been great so far.

ReachJasonHere

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
Just got FW via OTA today. Love having double-tap back but now I can't play back any video I take. Just gives me an error.

Could one of you on a dual SIM 950 XL set your video to 1920x1080p/60 fps. When I do it, with Slow Mo or without, I can't play it back on the phone -"It looks like we don't support this file format" is the error. I tested, the video captures since I can play it on my computer but it crashes on the MS video app with that error. Even on 30 fps. This sucks. I flashed it with WDRT and reloaded everything -wasted effort.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Could one of you on a dual SIM 950 XL set your video to 1920x1080p/60 fps. When I do it, with Slow Mo or without, I can't play it back on the phone -"It looks like we don't support this file format" is the error. I tested, the video captures since I can play it on my computer but it crashes on the MS video app with that error. Even on 30 fps. This sucks. I flashed it with WDRT and reloaded everything -wasted effort.

Tested and works

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by rickt1
Originally Posted by magicdesign
Still waiting on my unlocked UK 950xl from carphonewarehouse...

Also still waiting on an unlocked UK 950XL

I don't get it. Really, I don't. France and GB are the two largest areas to still be waiting. Just how different can a phone be? Germany 950xl has it, and they are pretty similar, if not identical, including the radios.

Odd. Me?, I think they've 'forgotten'. Not only are we the forgotten OS ( but the best by a mile ) we are the forgotten ?500 phone buyers!!!!

When I contacted MS, their so called agents were full of verbal cr*p. Their so called engineer said no one had an update!! I pointed out the the 2 business 950's had received an update, and my son's one had. Jeez, no wonder people are turning against them

Martin Zone

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Maybe they wait for all the providers to update the software(s) on their sides to work with the new firmware?
UK still waiting, unlocked version.

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Maybe they wait for all the providers to update the software(s) on their sides to work with the new firmware?
UK still waiting, unlocked version.

I bet this is it. The ATT variants of the 950 haven't been updated either; I'm almost positive it's the carrier here, hopefully these will get published before EOY, if at all...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss