Double Tap To Wake now available on WDRT and OTA

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by PGrey
Originally Posted by Martin Zone
Maybe they wait for all the providers to update the software(s) on their sides to work with the new firmware?
UK still waiting, unlocked version.

Our 950's ( 3 of them ) are all on same carrier as the XL's. All are unlocked.

I bet this is it. The ATT variants of the 950 haven't been updated either; I'm almost positive it's the carrier here, hopefully these will get published before EOY, if at all...

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by PGrey
Originally Posted by Martin Zone
Maybe they wait for all the providers to update the software(s) on their sides to work with the new firmware?
UK still waiting, unlocked version.

I bet this is it. The ATT variants of the 950 haven't been updated either; I'm almost positive it's the carrier here, hopefully these will get published before EOY, if at all...

If it we're a carrier issue, could you think of any reason why our 3 950's are on same carrier as the XL's, all are unlocked, non branded phones, and OTA updated last week. How could the carriers prevent the update via WDRT on an unlocked device? I can remove the sim card and still use WDRT to roll back etc. I'm not so sure about the carrier thing as my phone was bought unlocked, just an 02 sim in it. No branding, and any other sim works. As I said the 950's are also on 02. Baffled.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
CV is Country Variant not Carrier Variant. Not that it helps you any to know that. It's not yet been released for your product code, simple as that. The sim in the phone never has anything to do with update availability.

You could flash to another Euro CV variant, or use the Interop tool registry editor to accomplish the same without flashing and losing data. Changing the values at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Platform\DeficeTargetingInfo for PhoneManufacturerModelName to an updated one that matches the first half (i.e. RM-1116) and possibly the PhoneMobileOperatorName (try 000-88) should be all that's required to get it to download that variant's firmware. Change the values back afterward and whenever the real one is released you should get it.

Last edited:

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by PepperdotNet
CV is Country Variant not Carrier Variant. Not that it helps you any to know that.

My bad.... Just getting a bit pi**ed that I've got 3 950's all updated OTA. Would be nice to be told if there was an issue, but as rest of world, and large swathes of the EU already have it available. I twigged I'd put carrier, but mobile app isn't showing edit facility.

Maybe I'll flash the EE one, if I'm brave enough!

stonedef

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Yep, splash screen. Spoke to a friend who got more impatient than me, and he has splash screen now. He's tinkering with Thor now to try and 'unbrand' with previous FW

If it's only just a splash screen and no other bloatware installed it could be worth installing

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You might not know what other carrier-specific settings are in that firmware, that's why they're carrier variants.

It's possible of course that this EE variant doesn't have any meaningful changes from standard, but I wouldn't like to chance risking a loss of service/features.

stonedef

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
My carrier is EE anyway so I don't think it would be too bad for me. But I paid for an unlocked phone, I don't want to have to flash it to a locked variant just to get some firmware. Guess I'll keep it as it is and hope MS release the firmware to us

Last edited:

magicdesign

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
It will just be a staggered roll out. It will come out eventually. Stupid to delay the UK market though. We are one of their larger markets

bells0

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
UK MS bought 950xl on Three, still nothing here.

Also not had the camera update for pannies. Slow ring, up to date.

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
My carrier is EE anyway so I don't think it would be too bad for me. But I paid for an unlocked phone, I don't want to have to flash it to a locked variant just to get some firmware. Guess I'll keep it as it is and hope MS release the firmware to us

Yeah, this. I don't think I would be flashing to a carrier-specific firmware, unless I knew I was going to get some features (not just DTTW, as much as I'm re-addicted to it), given the potential downsides, particularly if there's something specific to that model for EE.
I say this, using DTTW for my phone probably 50 times/day at least though, I don't understand why the unlocked UK and a few other firmware revs are held up. I do understand (at least business-wise, not philosophically) why the US ATT 950 rev is held up, possibly for a very long time.

Edit: good quote came to mind, for those of "slightly older and probably mostly US" people, but maybe others too, "do you feel lucky, ..., well, do ya'?" ;-]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes