Double Tap To Wake now available on WDRT and OTA

magicdesign

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I got a generic reply, but the more people that contact them, the more chance it will be noticed by an organ grinder (rather than a monkey). Might also be worth tweeting Gabe or who ever is in charge there now...

Shaz2012

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
After enabling double tap to wake, i couldn't use the wallet app to make payments. It only started to work after i turned off tap to wake. Weird, anyone else have this issue?

Martin Zone

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
What if we "old timers" have old hardware versions that is not supported for the new firmware and DTTW and we are waiting in vain?
It's cross my mind because on the other topic a guy bought a new 950xl with the DTTW already on.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
What if we "old timers" have old hardware versions that is not supported for the new firmware and DTTW and we are waiting in vain?
It's cross my mind because on the other topic a guy bought a new 950xl with the DTTW already on.

It doesn't work that way. Firmware updates are released on a per region/carrier basis. If there was any dependency on age of hardware, MS would have pointed this out in their announcement. We'd also see plenty of complaints about older phones not being supported.

I bought a 950 XL at the Bellevue, WA Microsoft store and it has double tap to wake. :)

I'm guessing that you're on a carrier that's on the DDTW good list or that new phones already have the new firmware. as their base configuration.

TennisGuy45

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
DDTW works like utter crap on my 950xl.

Most of the time I just hammer away at the screen with no response.

I've also noticed a marked reduction in battery life, not sure if it can be contributed to this specifically or not.

Turned of DDTW last night and will see later today if battery life improves.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Watch out for this firmware. I believe it may have a flaw where it overcharges the battery. After getting this firmware I started experiencing more and more issues with rebooting/freezing. Turns out the battery started to swell which is a known issue with over-charging. I ended up figuring it out by accident and glad I caught it before it got worse. Watch your batteries and make sure they don't start swelling. It was fine before the firmware because I sometimes change my back plate and happened to have changed it at one point from mozo back to the original. The battery was fine then, after the firmware upgrade things started getting worse. I am going to go to the MS store today to see if they can replace the battery of even the whole phone.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
DDTW works like utter crap on my 950xl.

Most of the time I just hammer away at the screen with no response.

I've also noticed a marked reduction in battery life, not sure if it can be contributed to this specifically or not.

Turned of DDTW last night and will see later today if battery life improves.

I find I have to be a split second patient, not too fast, give it a split moment for the screen to wake. If I tap it too fast or kinda crazy like all over the place really fast, it doesn't respond. If I did that, then I need to wait a few seconds or more to let the phone settle down and start registering taps again.

battery life, I've been hitting 12-15 hours pretty consistently. Pretty happy with that as I have every feature on! Iris, dttw, nfc, bt etc etc..

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by slysy
Starting to wonder if this firmware will ever be released for UK sim free 950xl :p

+1 why the hell cant someone come out and say what's going on. They haven't got to give a timeline, just what the issue is / could be with GB and FR. It's not a carrier issue. My son got it on his unlocked 950 nearly 3 weeks ago, and he swaps sims depending on where he is going and the reception there.

Babs75

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the hint on the battery. Got DDTW activated today when I finally figured out how to turn it on. Never had it before, as my 950XL is my first Windows phone.

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm actually thinking of reverting my firmware back, to see if it fixes some of my battery and WiFi issues, even though I'm addicted to having DTTW again.

I might let the OTA update go, once I revert and verify, to see if the OTA "more successful".
I'm debating a bit, trying to decide how much pain it'll be, if restore will work, or I'll waste an entire day trying to sort things...

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by slysy
Well, I got the anniversary update yesterday (UK sim free 950xl). But still missing this firmware update!

What's really annoying? The fact that most of Europe run the same FW apart from carrier branded ones. We are basically 000-88. I've look deep into this and 059x521 (?) is the same FW for GB and France. I've tried a few times but I must be doing something wrong as changing the model results in a failure, despite following pepperdots instructions. I've now downloaded the 059x4t9 from Lumia firmware and will try that, and change model that way. I get a parsing error, can't open the WDRT source ffu. If it doesn't arrive by Friday, I'll have another go. Knowing my luck it will appear the day after!!

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by PGrey
I'm actually thinking of reverting my firmware back, to see if it fixes some of my battery and WiFi issues, even though I'm addicted to having DTTW again.

I might let the OTA update go, once I revert and verify, to see if the OTA "more successful".
I'm debating a bit, trying to decide how much pain it'll be, if restore will work, or I'll waste an entire day trying to sort things...

I've had to roll back twice this week to cure the million characters the keyboard enters by itself!! Finally, it works properly. You are correct about it being a pain in the butt. I NEVER restore. I start afresh, just in case any 'atrifacts' are left behind in the restore.

Takes a bloody age, but does seem to cure most ills. Keep us posted on the connectivity side. That's what I am interested in. DTTW is just a bonus. I want reliable Bluetooth. My business depends on it. And yet, I can blow the dust off of my old 1320 on 8.1 and everything just works! I love that old girl. Never let me down. I'm getting all teary eyed now......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium