Has anyone ahd success with and car charger and rapid charging. I bought a Nekteck on Amazon that was suppose to support quick charge (3a). In about half an hour I get a 15% battery charge which is nothing. Anyone have any luck with any other brands? Thanks.

Windows Phone.... Rebuilding since 2010.
    06-30-2016 03:14 PM
    Has anyone ahd success with and car charger and rapid charging. I bought a Nekteck on Amazon that was suppose to support quick charge (3a). In about half an hour I get a 15% battery charge which is nothing. Anyone have any luck with any other brands? Thanks.

Windows Phone.... Rebuilding since 2010.
    check the charger for actual output ratings - it should be on the label or in the manual. I believe the 950xl uses 3A at 5V
    07-01-2016 02:31 AM
    Sparta: do u get those numbers while phone is idle, or u actively do something on it? If latter, then those numbers are correct, if phone idle however, the specs of the charger are different from real life numbers.
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    07-03-2016 02:12 AM
    were you able to solve your issue?
    Last edited by Laura Knotek; 07-07-2016 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Thread cleanup
    07-06-2016 02:23 PM
    I use an Aukey CC-Y4 car charger and it charges pretty quick, i think it can completely charge my phone from the 30's to a full charge in about an hour. Not as fast as the wall charger but pretty good.
    here is the link from amazon india
    Aukey CC-Y4 USB-C Car Charger 27W 5.4A with 3.3' Type-C: Amazon.in: Electronics
    07-07-2016 02:03 AM
    Give the OP a break. I didn't know they were two separate standards until I read this thread.

I have the Aukey charger mentioned above and it worked very well for my road trip. Note that Aukey doesn't even mention USB-C fast charging. I bought it thinking I needed the Qualcomm 2.0 charger!

EDIT: Actually mine's a slightly different model. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...pUvbUpU3515652
    07-07-2016 01:00 PM
    Yep, what TK2011 said.

There are too many fast-charging "standards" floating around right now, with USB 3.x, unfortunately.
    In the absence of the consortium being really on-the-ball, a few one-offs have emerged, and it's confusing, even if you try to keep track, and is it really *that* important, if your phone charges in 17 vs 20 minutes?

I find that 2.4 is "pretty darn good", obviously not the 3A really-fast-charging rates, but it's usually so fast that I don't care, say if my phone's at 50% and it's going to charge in 24 minutes, seems pretty darn good.
    I haven't really kept track, but most battery chemistry would tolerate this type of really fast charging, but it wasn't so good for the cells, necessarily. I figure that mostly charging via Qi or similar isn't so bad, a sort of "trickle" charge mostly, compared to the 2.4-3A deal...
    I like my fast-ish charging, sometimes, but it's rare for me.

If you're happy with your charger and it works, well, that's spiffy. If you see something that might work better, and decide it's for you, that's all good too, but either way, we're all using and sharing phone experiences, regardless, at least that's my view.
    07-07-2016 01:46 PM
    I'm pretty sure "type C" is just the plug. And the USB "format" used for our Lumia 950/XLs etc. are 3.1 (as in USB 3.1)

This a type A plug:
    610yife5rul._sl1000_.jpg

This is a Type B:

035_usb_b_f_iso.jpg

And this is a type A > type B:

41lc2mczrvl._ac_us160_.jpg

Type A > type C
    415ze2x-pol._ac_us160_.jpg

The type is the plug, nothing else. There are chargers with a type C outlet (female), and it is those chargers which will say "type C". It's the plug.

Now, whether or not a (standard) type A plug can deliver the amperage is somewhat of an open question. The Type A plug was originally made to carry a maximum of 1A (if I recall correctly) at 5V.

Anyway, if the (single plug) car charger can put out 3A, it doesn't matter if it has a type A (female) plug or a type C (female) plug. That is not important. Of course it matters whether or not the circuitry in it can deliver it to your phone, but "Type C" is not actually a method of charging. It is the plug. And that plug was designed to carry at least 3 amps, but perhaps even more. But you could make a charger with a type A plug that could carry 3A too. In fact, I have one (Anker, I think?).
    Last edited by Danobe; 07-07-2016 at 04:08 PM.
    xandros9 likes this.
    07-07-2016 03:10 PM
    Yep, and then Type A morphed, to support (combined lines and the like) 2A-2.4A charging, and in some sort of one-offs, as much as 3-5A (these were usually OEM solutions, but not always).
    PortaPow makes a really good cable with the combined lines, which can push most Type A connections to 2.4, if the charger/device support it.

Good pics, and clarification on cables vs charging specs. Maybe I'll work up a small spreadsheet that shows the same; quite possibly I could just find one, out there.

Hmm, upon looking around, this is a good reference and explanation, of most of it:
    USB Type C and 3.1: clearing up the confusion
    Danobe likes this.
    07-07-2016 03:39 PM