950XL brightness stuck and slow wake up problem

sandimr

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
Hi Everyone,
I have been using a 950XL for the past 3 months and have thoroughly enjoyed it. The camera is awesome and the screen is gorgeous.
For the past couple of weeks, i have been having a couple strange issues with it, possibly after an update, but, cant be sure.

1. Sometimes the brightness just gets stuck at low and i cannot even manually change the brightness from the settings. the one thing that works is a restart. This fixes it every time and after the restart the auto brightness works like a charm.

2. The phone becomes slow to wake up after pressing the power button, once i press the power button the glance screen shows up and then nothing happens for the next 3 to 5 seconds and then the screen turns on. I turned off the iris recognition to see if that was the problem but it was the same and i finally turned it back on. Once again, a restart fixes the problem.

I have now begun to restart the phone every couple of days, and, before this i had not needed to restart the phone ever since i got it unless an update required it to be restarted.

Does anyone have any idea about this issue and how to solve it?
I am on OS version 10.0.10586.420 - Version 1511
Firmware version: 01078.00038.16025.39011

Thanks in advance

I have the same problem.

This month I bought microsoft 950, have the latest version of software.

It takes 3-4 seconds to wake up the phone after double tap. Every time is the same.

The brightness gets stuck too.

Pedro Weekes

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
Running latest build 14393.103 and I don't have that issue on my DS 950XL. I did have that glitch before and since this .103 update and a restart I've not seen it since and that's with DTTW and depressing the PB. So far the OS experience has improved tremendously. The windows hello works like a charm every time, the battery's great, the camera's great, what's noticeably clear is how much faster the apps respond to opening and how the OS is more fluid with each CU to the OS. Yes it's a pain to see apps leave but honestly from how MS is improving the OS heading towards RS2, I for one can't wait to see what 'features' they add to it. Hope it isn't any that's useless and gimmicky. Hope they bring back the answer phone on placing to ear in Gestures, I loved that feature. Don't know about you but as a Windows OS fan I'm loving how integrated my phone and PC are with each other. Whatever notification I receive on my phone I see it pop-up on my PC screen and what I would love in the very near future would be the actionable notifications especially with WhatsApp.

SeeVuPlay

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm on production, and the "brightness stuck" bug stated last week. I put it to sleep, power button, and then wake it up again and the screen returns to normal. It's happening about 5 times per day

osozu

May 31, 2016
Visit site
I have exactly same behavior, brightness returns after turn off screen even on .102 build I think this will be firmware bug, hope fix will be coming soon

Saad Rashid

Feb 8, 2016
Visit site
So the brightness stuck issue still persist and it has gone worse now after the latest official build on my 950xl.when you are reading something and the time for display to turn off is near the brightness gets low. But you can't restore it unless you lock the screen and turn it back on. It's sooooo frustrating :/

sriram prabhu

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
Even I had the same problem my 950XL. The screen will get turn on after 3-4 seconds but windows hello will turn on and will directly unlock the phone.
But what I noticed was this started to happen when I have double tap wake up and double tap navigation bar to lock the screen enabled. I disabled both of it and it's almost a week I didn't see this issue again. Anyone can try this.

MiszczPolska

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
I turned off the glance screen and set up brightness manually. For now, the problem does not occur on 950DS.
BTW. I dont have programs on lock screen (like lockmix).

NMLacy

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
This problem drove me nuts for days! I kept rebooting to no avail.

Finally turned OFF the option to "change brightness automatically when lighting changes" (upped the manual brightness level a little) and I haven't had the slow wake up since! I think it's been a week now, so I'm happy again.

tofylion

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Hi Everyone,
I have been using a 950XL for the past 3 months and have thoroughly enjoyed it. The camera is awesome and the screen is gorgeous.
For the past couple of weeks, i have been having a couple strange issues with it, possibly after an update, but, cant be sure.

1. Sometimes the brightness just gets stuck at low and i cannot even manually change the brightness from the settings. the one thing that works is a restart. This fixes it every time and after the restart the auto brightness works like a charm.

2. The phone becomes slow to wake up after pressing the power button, once i press the power button the glance screen shows up and then nothing happens for the next 3 to 5 seconds and then the screen turns on. I turned off the iris recognition to see if that was the problem but it was the same and i finally turned it back on. Once again, a restart fixes the problem.

I have now begun to restart the phone every couple of days, and, before this i had not needed to restart the phone ever since i got it unless an update required it to be restarted.

Does anyone have any idea about this issue and how to solve it?
I am on OS version 10.0.10586.420 - Version 1511
Firmware version: 01078.00038.16025.39011

Thanks in advance

I have a fix for this problem that you all can try. Just make sure that you have the double tap to inlock and double tap nav bar to close the phone. When this issue happens, close the phone from the nav bar by double tapping and then open it by the double tap. The screen will be black and the scanner will be on, and that's the issue. Quickly double tap the nav bar, open the phone with the power button, close it from the power button and then open it again from the power button. I used to get this problem all the time so I used this andy mom used to get it on her XL, and I fixed it to her and none of us have been experiencing this problem lately. Plus, whenever it happens, we just do that and it's fine for some time.

TitanChandu

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I just wanted to let everyone know that i had done the "disable the auto screen brightness" trick and it worked and the problem went away.
My phone is now on 14393.693 and i tried to put it back to auto brightness and the phone has been working smoothly since. Occasionally it still becomes slow but a reboot puts it back on its feet.
So all in all still happy with phone, just wish app devs update their apps more often.. Looking at you Uber!!!

cheers...

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I am in WP lover. And this issue making me to hate the phone.

Can somebody say how do you fix this issue ? It is only happening for me and my brother and we both use Single Sim Lumia 950XL where as my GF is using DS , it don't happen for here. Is this hardware issue ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs