Phone loses battery when connected to computer

Zolotoy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Just upgraded to 383. Currently the phone is connected to computer. It shows charging. But battery charge is actually going down. It was 22, not it's 20. The phone is a bit warmer than usual. So, what is charging what?

Thanks

zanda61

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
I upgraded to the latest insider build yesterday evening. My battery drained down to zero within about 3 hours and was also quite warm. That was last night. This morning I recharged the phone and it's working like a champ. Maybe it needed to sort things out a bit. It's unnerving though isn't it 😨

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Just upgraded to 383. Currently the phone is connected to computer. It shows charging. But battery charge is actually going down. It was 22, not it's 20. The phone is a bit warmer than usual. So, what is charging what?

Thanks

Guess you are using a 2.0 USB port and your pc detected it as a low cahrging device. try rebooting your pc. USB 2.0 standard is 0.5 Amperes. Not much but enough for stabilize charging during use. USB 3.0 go from 0.9 to 2.0 Amperes according to port techs (Fast Charge, etc)

Zolotoy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Guess you are using a 2.0 USB port and your pc detected it as a low cahrging device. try rebooting your pc. USB 2.0 standard is 0.5 Amperes. Not much but enough for stabilize charging during use. USB 3.0 go from 0.9 to 2.0 Amperes according to port techs (Fast Charge, etc)

That is not a first time the phone is connected to the computer.

Zolotoy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

Same after restarting. Does that mean the phone cannot be charged from PC anymore?

Zolotoy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Or you are watching ESPN streaming all day long, or something in their app doesn't work. Ask their developers

After looking into apps the phone all of a sadden stopped draining battery and now it's charging. I guess we just found a 'proper' way of stopping battery drainage.

Summer_Moon

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site

Thanks

So I had the exact same problem last night. Something is syncing in the background after the update and it's just going crazy. The good news is it will sort itself out. Connect it to the fast charger (only way I could keep it from draining to 0) and leave it connected to WiFi for a good 8-10 hours. Don't do anything with it (not that you would really want to, swear I could have cooked eggs on it and it was painful to touch). Then it will be back to normal. Took it off my charger at 6am this morning with 100% and it's sitting at 85% now at almost 3pm.

I was concerned initially but decided to leave it alone, seems like it was a good choice.

Btw for me it was Microsoft Health showing almost 50% battery usage. It's dropped now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077