08-15-2017 02:00 PM
167 1234 ...
tools
    I would say if it works in HK, with the the EE firmware, than it's more likely that the dual-SIM variant is the issue, not the carrier branding.
    It would seem odd if his HK carrier required branding, but not their branded firmware, since that's what the whole carrier argument is, them certifying their firmware variant only (even though we all know this is a bunch of something ...).

Definitely interested to hear how the "experiment" progresses, with the EE firmware in HK.
    If it works, I might try flashing the AT&T firmware onto my 950XL, I'm sort of about done with it anyway, in the event it became a brick, I'd be upset, but not like I would have been a few months back.

I personally am really starting to think MS just didn't finish some linkage, for dual-SIM and WiFi calling, much like the VVM problem on dual-SIM, which took several months to get patched...
    08-18-2016 11:38 PM
    Yeah, the DUAL-SIM thing is an issue, as well as it not being enabled on country variant firmwares on Single SIM versions.

Even if it doesn't work with the HK carrier, it would be because the carrier has blocked un-supported(by them) phones from using VoLTE.

I will report in a couple of weeks.
    08-18-2016 11:41 PM
    @slyronit, how do you know that you are getting VoLTE on you Xiaomi?
    08-19-2016 05:34 AM
    Originally posted by kabel_mk
    @slyronit, how do you know that you are getting VoLTE on you Xiaomi?
    1. There's VoLTE specified on the top notification panel
    2. Am able to make calls. This provider is LTE only, with no 3G fallback, so you can't make calls without VoLTE
    08-19-2016 11:26 AM
    so what will be our next move ? we have to report this to microsoft .
    08-20-2016 11:32 PM
    Originally posted by ankit360
    so what will be our next move ? we have to report this to microsoft .
    How? I raised this on MS answers, official answer was that VoLTE is only available on carrier branded handsets with specific carriers.

The India page for 950XL doesn't claim VoLTE, so legally we can't do anything either.

It is not the case of an advertised feature not working, it is a case of a feature which could have been easily implemented, not being implemented.

We can ask nicely, but not sure who to approach.
    08-21-2016 12:09 AM
    Maybe feedback hub ? You create new feedback and then we gather people around the internet to upvote it .
    vishalrao likes this.
    08-21-2016 12:22 AM
    There are many in feedback hub for VoLTE. I have upvoted most. Would be great if people on this thread can search for VoLTE in feedback hub and up vote.
    vishalrao, Exup, tsax6010 and 1 others like this.
    08-21-2016 01:01 AM
    Yes, we know. That's what's being discussed.
    08-23-2016 01:47 AM
    Have the same issue...was not even able to activate my SIM since volte is not supported... Had to use an Android phone to activate... This is disappointing
    08-25-2016 12:20 PM
    At least Androids have an option to use JioJoin if settings are not enabled...no such options for Windows
    08-25-2016 12:26 PM
    I contacted Microsoft on their facebook page and this is the conversation as of now-
    Hi, I have been using lumia 950 for the last six months, and being such an expensive handset it is really disappointing that there is no option to enable VOLTE, which is easily possible even in cheap androids also. However as per the phones specification it does support VOLTE and HD calling.Please advise you have plans to enabled this feature with future updates. Thanks Sandeep Rawat Mob-9897244485, Email - Sandeep3764@gmail.com
    FRI 10:00AM
    Hello Sandeep! Glad you reached out. The VoLTE service varies by network operators. We suggest that you check with your service provider for availability. Please feel free to contact us if you need further help.
    Hi, Please be advised that I am using Reliance Jio network, which is providing VOLTE service. The same sim when put on android phone , the VOLTE servce is working but when I put on my Lumia 950 it does not work. Please advise on this matter. Any kind of assistance would be highly appreciated. Thanks
    FRI 11:07AM
    We understand your eagerness to get the VoLTE service. However, it would be best to contact your service provider regarding this issue. We're just here if you need further help.
    SAT 5:00PM
    Already contacted Reliance Jio- They said that their sim are Volte ready for any phone which support Volte.Please find the attched picture of Lumia 950 in US, which support VoLTE, however similar setting is not available with india specific phone. Please look into the matter and advise if any updtae will be required from Microsoft to enable this setting. Thanks
    SAT 6:44PM
    Hello, Sandeep! VoLTE feature for Lumia 950 is only enabled by specific operators. If the SIM that you're using is VoLTE ready and it's having issues activating on your device, we recommend take your phone to your mobile operator to have it checked.
    08-27-2016 07:13 PM
    Those are scripted answers.
    08-28-2016 12:36 PM
    I contacted Microsoft on their facebook page and this is the conversation as of now-
    Hi, I have been using lumia 950 for the last six months, and being such an expensive handset it is really disappointing that there is no option to enable VOLTE, which is easily possible even in cheap androids also. However as per the phones specification it does support VOLTE and HD calling.Please advise you have plans to enabled this feature with future updates. Thanks Sandeep Rawat Mob-9897244485, Email - Sandeep3764@gmail.com
    FRI 10:00AM
    Hello Sandeep! Glad you reached out. The VoLTE service varies by network operators. We suggest that you check with your service provider for availability. Please feel free to contact us if you need further help.
    Hi, Please be advised that I am using Reliance Jio network, which is providing VOLTE service. The same sim when put on android phone , the VOLTE servce is working but when I put on my Lumia 950 it does not work. Please advise on this matter. Any kind of assistance would be highly appreciated. Thanks
    FRI 11:07AM
    We understand your eagerness to get the VoLTE service. However, it would be best to contact your service provider regarding this issue. We're just here if you need further help.
    SAT 5:00PM
    Already contacted Reliance Jio- They said that their sim are Volte ready for any phone which support Volte.Please find the attched picture of Lumia 950 in US, which support VoLTE, however similar setting is not available with india specific phone. Please look into the matter and advise if any updtae will be required from Microsoft to enable this setting. Thanks
    SAT 6:44PM
    Hello, Sandeep! VoLTE feature for Lumia 950 is only enabled by specific operators. If the SIM that you're using is VoLTE ready and it's having issues activating on your device, we recommend take your phone to your mobile operator to have it checked.
    what a stupid reply from Microsoft support .
    08-28-2016 09:16 PM
    Thanks, I had an incredible stroke of luck and had a friend visiting from Hong Kong with an unlocked Single SIM 950XL. Popped the SIM into it, no VoLTE. Flashed EE UK firmware and voila! I could suddenly make calls.

This proves beyond doubt that VoLTE is only enabled on carrier branded phones, and since there's no carrier branded dual-sim variant, we are basically screwed. This also proves that technically if they enable VoLTE on their handsets (like the iPhone and almost every Android handset out there), it would work, if the carrier allows your phone.

My friend has eventually decided to stay on the EE UK firmware, and will confirm in a fortnight if the HK carriers also allow VoLTE on his phone with the new firmware.
    Hi,

Good to know that you made Jio worked on your 950XL Single Sim. I got my 950XL Single Sim from Europe and right now am using in India. I tried Jio SIM only data work couldn't make call.

Are you sure I will be able to make call if I flash the EE UK firmware ? And what are the thing I am going to miss when I flash that firmware and what are the gain ?

Can you also please link me to the firmware ?
    09-02-2016 02:26 AM
    Hi,

Good to know that you made Jio worked on your 950XL Single Sim. I got my 950XL Single Sim from Europe and right now am using in India. I tried Jio SIM only data work couldn't make call.

Are you sure I will be able to make call if I flash the EE UK firmware ? And what are the thing I am going to miss when I flash that firmware and what are the gain ?

Can you also please link me to the firmware ?
    I am not sure about anything. Maybe Jio has blocked the phone since then. The only way to find out is by trying.

You aren't losing anything by flashing the EE UK firmware, although the process is a bit complicated. But rolling back to the original firmware is as easy as using the Windows device recovery tool.

The firmware is available here, 059X5X1 is the one, I think.
    http://www.lumiafirmware.com/ser/RM-1085
    09-02-2016 02:50 AM
    Is it possible to flash firmware of country on my Lumia 950 dual sim and get Volte working ?
    09-02-2016 08:24 AM
    There's no carrier specific firmware for the 950XL DS anywhere. You can't flash single SIM firmware to dual SIM phone
    pankaj981 likes this.
    09-02-2016 08:27 AM
    i might be lucky i have single sim UK 950xl model i will try for jio on 5th ....mean while this article suggest L950XL support Volte....there are many countries which support VOLTE L950XL ds download their ffu and flash it...hope wpinternals support L950Xl

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/feat...etwork-1454171
    09-03-2016 03:44 PM
    I am not sure about anything. Maybe Jio has blocked the phone since then. The only way to find out is by trying.

You aren't losing anything by flashing the EE UK firmware, although the process is a bit complicated. But rolling back to the original firmware is as easy as using the Windows device recovery tool.

The firmware is available here, 059X5X1 is the one, I think.
    http://www.lumiafirmware.com/ser/RM-1085
    I am going to wait till Sep 5 and will get the info about portability. If they going to allow then I will flash that firmware and check whether it works or not. Hope it won't brick my device. I have already done manul flashing through cmd prompt.

Will post the update here. Any idea for flashing 950xl DS ? Which carrier is having volte for that ?
    09-03-2016 03:51 PM
    i might be lucky i have single sim UK 950xl model i will try for jio on 5th ....mean while this article suggest L950XL support Volte....there are many countries which support VOLTE L950XL ds download their ffu and flash it...hope wpinternals support L950Xl

Reliance Jio Phones: List of VoLTE Mobiles That Will Work on the Jio Network | NDTV Gadgets360.com
    It seems like they have added all the phones which can be used for data alone. And they told they didn't verify at all. And I verified it. It doesn't work.
    09-03-2016 03:55 PM
    It seems like they have added all the phones which can be used for data alone. And they told they didn't verify at all. And I verified it. It doesn't work.
    okay sad...hope mine works :) :P also hopes they release all reliance apps to windows also hopes L950xl get volte by new firmware update from ms so many hopes..
    09-03-2016 04:00 PM
    Only carrier branded firmwares for the 950XL support VoLTE. No unlocked or country variant firmware supports VoLTE nor do the dual SIM versions, at this point.

Yes, they can enable this for us, if they want, like they enabled 4G for 920/925 in India
    09-03-2016 10:46 PM
    Considering that after they started handing out free SIMs, Jio is not much faster than Airtel, I am not that eager to switch anymore. I am currently on Vodafone, will switch to Airtel.
    krishna T and pankaj981 like this.
    09-03-2016 10:47 PM
    OT
    I have then Blu win hd lte phone running wm10 anniversary update . I too cannot make calls but can use only data on my Jio sim . No volte support . My phone is not carrier branded . Also it's dual sim .
    09-04-2016 02:10 PM
167 1234 ...