08-15-2017 03:00 PM
167 12345 ...
tools
    09-05-2016 03:21 AM
    I contacted Microsoft on their facebook page and this is the conversation as of now-
    Hi, I have been using lumia 950 for the last six months, and being such an expensive handset it is really disappointing that there is no option to enable VOLTE, which is easily possible even in cheap androids also. However as per the phones specification it does support VOLTE and HD calling.Please advise you have plans to enabled this feature with future updates. Thanks Sandeep Rawat Mob-9897244485, Email - Sandeep3764@gmail.com
    FRI 10:00AM
    Hello Sandeep! Glad you reached out. The VoLTE service varies by network operators. We suggest that you check with your service provider for availability. Please feel free to contact us if you need further help.
    Hi, Please be advised that I am using Reliance Jio network, which is providing VOLTE service. The same sim when put on android phone , the VOLTE servce is working but when I put on my Lumia 950 it does not work. Please advise on this matter. Any kind of assistance would be highly appreciated. Thanks
    FRI 11:07AM
    We understand your eagerness to get the VoLTE service. However, it would be best to contact your service provider regarding this issue. We're just here if you need further help.
    SAT 5:00PM
    Already contacted Reliance Jio- They said that their sim are Volte ready for any phone which support Volte.Please find the attched picture of Lumia 950 in US, which support VoLTE, however similar setting is not available with india specific phone. Please look into the matter and advise if any updtae will be required from Microsoft to enable this setting. Thanks
    SAT 6:44PM
    Hello, Sandeep! VoLTE feature for Lumia 950 is only enabled by specific operators. If the SIM that you're using is VoLTE ready and it's having issues activating on your device, we recommend take your phone to your mobile operator to have it checked.
    please share images of L950 US one :)
    09-05-2016 08:42 AM
    09-05-2016 08:57 AM
    I have spoken to Microsoft technician today and discussed this matter with him. He has asked screenshots of my mobile setting and device details with OS version and firmware version. He has promised me that he awill send all these to the Microsoft software team and will come up with the finding soon.(In a weeks time). Hope they come up with a solution.
    gourav mopidevi and ankit360 like this.
    09-05-2016 09:01 AM
    i know this thread is for lumia 950 xl but I'm in a similar situation. I have an unlocked lumia 640 lte from at&t. Currently using Vodafone and it shows 4g in the status bar(although weirdly the settings page has no options to switch data speeds between 2g/3g/4g, its by default automatic). If I flash the T-Mobile US firmware on it(which supports VoLTE) will I be able to use Reliance Jio?wp_ss_20160905_0001.pngwp_ss_20160905_0002.pngwp_ss_20160905_0003.pngwp_ss_20160905_0004.png
    09-05-2016 09:42 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp_ss_20160603_0001.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	26.4 KB 
ID:	130182
    enhanced 4G lte is not present in my mobile too....i think if i replace idea 4g sim with reliance jio which supports 4G VOLTE and press update settings we get those Enhanced 4G lte settings......i tried to get one reliance jio sim roamed 3 digital stores...2 stores said windows is not supported get lost out of those two one said even ios doesnt support i said they have jio apps he said bring code which is generated from my jio app another said ios doesnt support where as his colleague said it's supported...only one store said if u r device support LTE it doesnt matter with platform we will provide you sim...but that store is going to give sim on 17th....hope MS and reliance work together to release update fast...or else they make volte as default feature for all windows supported devices like google from lolipop and apple from ios8 man i both L950xl on aug 3rd i also have option S6 i choosed windows as i love it....MS doesnt care about mobile platform,developers doesnt care about platform,now carriers dont care about platform....i feel like alien from doors planet where their are no windows......
    09-05-2016 09:53 AM
    Vodafone india not started volte service. Only jio support volte
    09-05-2016 10:00 AM
    We're seeing some good progress here. The main problem seems to be explaining to MS that there's a problem in the first place. Once they do identify this problem, they can either ask us to get lost (they didn't claim the phone supported VoLTE when they sold it to us), or do the right thing and roll out an update. Even if this does happen, it is likely to take months.
    09-05-2016 10:09 AM
    With my chat with Microsoft technician he has confirmed that Lumia 950 DS in india has VoLTE support. I think its just a matter of an update from MS.
    They have done it before with updates in some countries. Please check the link below.
    Microsoft now enabling native Wi-Fi calling, HD Voice on the Lumia 640 and Lumia 640 XL | Windows Central
    09-05-2016 10:42 AM
    I doubt they have all the technical details, but I hope he's right.
    09-05-2016 11:09 AM
    Volte is software feature and with some ota update can be enable. Hope microsoft will bring it sooner.
    09-05-2016 01:11 PM
    wp_20160906_00_39_52_rich_li.jpg

these bands are given in my manual...
    09-05-2016 03:28 PM
    Volte is software feature and with some ota update can be enable. Hope microsoft will bring it sooner.
    It's both a software AND carrier feature, but I think that's what you meant, ultimately.

For example, AT&T only supports it on their branded-model 950 (and 640 series), NOT on the same non-branded 950 or 950XL.
    Pretty much all US carriers are the same, for Windows phones, they only allow it on the branded models, claiming "certification" as the reason.

On the Android side though, VoLTE is allowed on most US carriers, branded or un-branded, except for AT&T, they're sticking to the "branded only" rule, iOS being the exception. I've posted about the iOS issue in many carrier discussion (carrier forum), and that's when all the AT&T employees go "silent", hmm... ;-]
    09-05-2016 04:10 PM
    did anyone with jio sim and L950Xl tried this link

09-06-2016 06:53 AM
    this is for data . in our phone data is working fine . now all want is unlimited calls via volte
    Last edited by ankit360; 09-06-2016 at 09:57 AM.
    09-06-2016 09:26 AM
    Recieved the following Email from Microsoft today
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dear Sandeep Rawat,

Thank you for emailing Microsoft Mobile Device Support.

This e-mail is in reference to the concern with VOLTE services in your Lumia 950 Dual SIM. I value the importance of information requested by you and I am happy to assist you.

In response to your email, I acknowledge the information received from your side and have taken your valuable feedback. We have shared this information with our global team.

For any assistance, please contact our support on (City Code) 30303838.

Time: 09:00 AM To 06:00 PM (IST).

Working Days: Monday to Sunday.

Or get online assistance, please visit https://forums.windowscentral.com/e?...token=RWhH-HQg

You can also go online on https://forums.windowscentral.com/e?...token=45651awi * to find user guides, troubleshooting steps and other services like Apps support to help you use your Microsoft * product

Kind regards,
    Microsoft Mobile Device Support

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    09-07-2016 01:16 AM
    Recieved the following Email from Microsoft today
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dear Sandeep Rawat,

Thank you for emailing Microsoft Mobile Device Support.

This e-mail is in reference to the concern with VOLTE services in your Lumia 950 Dual SIM. I value the importance of information requested by you and I am happy to assist you.

In response to your email, I acknowledge the information received from your side and have taken your valuable feedback. We have shared this information with our global team.

For any assistance, please contact our support on (City Code) 30303838.

Time: 09:00 AM To 06:00 PM (IST).

Working Days: Monday to Sunday.

Or get online assistance, please visit https://forums.windowscentral.com/e?...token=h9sWzq7j

You can also go online on https://forums.windowscentral.com/e?...token=rZwo2Iau * to find user guides, troubleshooting steps and other services like Apps support to help you use your Microsoft * product

Kind regards,
    Microsoft Mobile Device Support

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    i sitll doubth they do anything to change situation...it aint apple or samsung who try to solve problem...
    09-07-2016 05:52 AM
    i dont have jio sim cant check if this work...there is a thread how to enable band 41..i dont know if enabling band 41 volte will work or not...

Download the old MS app folder app from the 8.1 days.
    https://forums.windowscentral.com/e?...token=77SeY7Mj
    Open it, create a folder and then you should be able to scroll through your app list to add apps to the folder. If you go down to the F listings, you should see FieldMedic. upon opening it we find all bands
    09-07-2016 05:59 AM
    Just tried this above method with Jio sim. Enabled band 41 using Field Test. Still Volte is not working.
    09-07-2016 07:28 AM
    unnamed.png

The Field test shows Voice over LTE is supported on Jio Sim.
    09-07-2016 07:41 AM
    Enabling band 41 has nothing to do with VoLTE, since LTE is already working on your phone.
    09-07-2016 07:44 AM
    Microsoft india tweeted today that they have escalated this problem. Hope they will fix this problem soon
    09-08-2016 02:44 AM
    For them, technically this is not a "problem", because VoLTE is not advertised on their website or anywhere in the phone specs. They didn't tell us the phone can do VoLTE and now the phone doesn't.

For us, it is a problem, because this expensive phone which is capable of doing VoLTE cannot do VoLTE, just because it is disabled by MS.

MS should do the right thing and enable VoLTE, but seeing that no unlocked 950/950XL anywhere in the world can do VoLTE, even in countries that have had VoLTE for years, I don't have much hope this would be fixed.
    09-08-2016 03:00 AM
    For them, technically this is not a "problem", because VoLTE is not advertised on their website or anywhere in the phone specs. They didn't tell us the phone can do VoLTE and now the phone doesn't.

For us, it is a problem, because this expensive phone which is capable of doing VoLTE cannot do VoLTE, just because it is disabled by MS.

MS should do the right thing and enable VoLTE, but seeing that no unlocked 950/950XL anywhere in the world can do VoLTE, even in countries that have had VoLTE for years, I don't have much hope this would be fixed.
    does they mentioned in the manual ??
    09-08-2016 03:22 AM
    No. Not for any unbranded variant of the 950/950XL, not the specifications page of the website.
    09-08-2016 03:24 AM
167 12345 ...