VoLTE on Unbranded Lumia 950XL DS

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Good to know that you made Jio worked on your 950XL Single Sim. I got my 950XL Single Sim from Europe and right now am using in India. I tried Jio SIM only data work couldn't make call.

Are you sure I will be able to make call if I flash the EE UK firmware ? And what are the thing I am going to miss when I flash that firmware and what are the gain ?

Can you also please link me to the firmware ?

I am not sure about anything. Maybe Jio has blocked the phone since then. The only way to find out is by trying.

You aren't losing anything by flashing the EE UK firmware, although the process is a bit complicated. But rolling back to the original firmware is as easy as using the Windows device recovery tool.

The firmware is available here, 059X5X1 is the one, I think.
http://www.lumiafirmware.com/ser/RM-1085

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
There's no carrier specific firmware for the 950XL DS anywhere. You can't flash single SIM firmware to dual SIM phone

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I am not sure about anything. Maybe Jio has blocked the phone since then. The only way to find out is by trying.

You aren't losing anything by flashing the EE UK firmware, although the process is a bit complicated. But rolling back to the original firmware is as easy as using the Windows device recovery tool.

The firmware is available here, 059X5X1 is the one, I think.
http://www.lumiafirmware.com/ser/RM-1085

I am going to wait till Sep 5 and will get the info about portability. If they going to allow then I will flash that firmware and check whether it works or not. Hope it won't brick my device. I have already done manul flashing through cmd prompt.

Will post the update here. Any idea for flashing 950xl DS ? Which carrier is having volte for that ?

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
i might be lucky i have single sim UK 950xl model i will try for jio on 5th ....mean while this article suggest L950XL support Volte....there are many countries which support VOLTE L950XL ds download their ffu and flash it...hope wpinternals support L950Xl

Reliance Jio Phones: List of VoLTE Mobiles That Will Work on the Jio Network | NDTV Gadgets360.com

It seems like they have added all the phones which can be used for data alone. And they told they didn't verify at all. And I verified it. It doesn't work.

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Only carrier branded firmwares for the 950XL support VoLTE. No unlocked or country variant firmware supports VoLTE nor do the dual SIM versions, at this point.

Yes, they can enable this for us, if they want, like they enabled 4G for 920/925 in India

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Considering that after they started handing out free SIMs, Jio is not much faster than Airtel, I am not that eager to switch anymore. I am currently on Vodafone, will switch to Airtel.

Ankush V1

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
OT
I have then Blu win hd lte phone running wm10 anniversary update . I too cannot make calls but can use only data on my Jio sim . No volte support . My phone is not carrier branded . Also it's dual sim .

gourav mopidevi

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I contacted Microsoft on their facebook page and this is the conversation as of now-
Hi, I have been using lumia 950 for the last six months, and being such an expensive handset it is really disappointing that there is no option to enable VOLTE, which is easily possible even in cheap androids also. However as per the phones specification it does support VOLTE and HD calling.Please advise you have plans to enabled this feature with future updates. Thanks Sandeep Rawat Mob-9897244485, Email - Sandeep3764@gmail.com
FRI 10:00AM
Hello Sandeep! Glad you reached out. The VoLTE service varies by network operators. We suggest that you check with your service provider for availability. Please feel free to contact us if you need further help.
Hi, Please be advised that I am using Reliance Jio network, which is providing VOLTE service. The same sim when put on android phone , the VOLTE servce is working but when I put on my Lumia 950 it does not work. Please advise on this matter. Any kind of assistance would be highly appreciated. Thanks
FRI 11:07AM
We understand your eagerness to get the VoLTE service. However, it would be best to contact your service provider regarding this issue. We're just here if you need further help.
SAT 5:00PM
Already contacted Reliance Jio- They said that their sim are Volte ready for any phone which support Volte.Please find the attched picture of Lumia 950 in US, which support VoLTE, however similar setting is not available with india specific phone. Please look into the matter and advise if any updtae will be required from Microsoft to enable this setting. Thanks
SAT 6:44PM
Hello, Sandeep! VoLTE feature for Lumia 950 is only enabled by specific operators. If the SIM that you're using is VoLTE ready and it's having issues activating on your device, we recommend take your phone to your mobile operator to have it checked.

please share images of L950 US one :)

sandeep rawat3

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
I have spoken to Microsoft technician today and discussed this matter with him. He has asked screenshots of my mobile setting and device details with OS version and firmware version. He has promised me that he awill send all these to the Microsoft software team and will come up with the finding soon.(In a weeks time). Hope they come up with a solution.

droidbreath

Jul 19, 2016
Visit site
i know this thread is for lumia 950 xl but I'm in a similar situation. I have an unlocked lumia 640 lte from at&t. Currently using Vodafone and it shows 4g in the status bar(although weirdly the settings page has no options to switch data speeds between 2g/3g/4g, its by default automatic). If I flash the T-Mobile US firmware on it(which supports VoLTE) will I be able to use Reliance Jio?wp_ss_20160905_0001.pngwp_ss_20160905_0002.pngwp_ss_20160905_0003.pngwp_ss_20160905_0004.png

gourav mopidevi

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site

enhanced 4G lte is not present in my mobile too....i think if i replace idea 4g sim with reliance jio which supports 4G VOLTE and press update settings we get those Enhanced 4G lte settings......i tried to get one reliance jio sim roamed 3 digital stores...2 stores said windows is not supported get lost out of those two one said even ios doesnt support i said they have jio apps he said bring code which is generated from my jio app another said ios doesnt support where as his colleague said it's supported...only one store said if u r device support LTE it doesnt matter with platform we will provide you sim...but that store is going to give sim on 17th....hope MS and reliance work together to release update fast...or else they make volte as default feature for all windows supported devices like google from lolipop and apple from ios8 man i both L950xl on aug 3rd i also have option S6 i choosed windows as i love it....MS doesnt care about mobile platform,developers doesnt care about platform,now carriers dont care about platform....i feel like alien from doors planet where their are no windows......

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
We're seeing some good progress here. The main problem seems to be explaining to MS that there's a problem in the first place. Once they do identify this problem, they can either ask us to get lost (they didn't claim the phone supported VoLTE when they sold it to us), or do the right thing and roll out an update. Even if this does happen, it is likely to take months.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion