VoLTE on Unbranded Lumia 950XL DS

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Volte is software feature and with some ota update can be enable. Hope microsoft will bring it sooner.

It's both a software AND carrier feature, but I think that's what you meant, ultimately.

For example, AT&T only supports it on their branded-model 950 (and 640 series), NOT on the same non-branded 950 or 950XL.
Pretty much all US carriers are the same, for Windows phones, they only allow it on the branded models, claiming "certification" as the reason.

On the Android side though, VoLTE is allowed on most US carriers, branded or un-branded, except for AT&T, they're sticking to the "branded only" rule, iOS being the exception. I've posted about the iOS issue in many carrier discussion (carrier forum), and that's when all the AT&T employees go "silent", hmm... ;-]

ankit360

May 7, 2016
Visit site
this is for data . in our phone data is working fine . now all want is unlimited calls via volte :devil:

Last edited:

sandeep rawat3

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
Recieved the following Email from Microsoft today
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Sandeep Rawat,

Thank you for emailing Microsoft Mobile Device Support.

This e-mail is in reference to the concern with VOLTE services in your Lumia 950 Dual SIM. I value the importance of information requested by you and I am happy to assist you.

In response to your email, I acknowledge the information received from your side and have taken your valuable feedback. We have shared this information with our global team.

For any assistance, please contact our support on (City Code) 30303838.

Time: 09:00 AM To 06:00 PM (IST).

Working Days: Monday to Sunday.

Or get online assistance, please visit https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...ile%2Fsupport%2Fcontact%2F.%2A&token=uFYa0naw

You can also go online on https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...Fmobile%2Fsupport%2Fcontact%2F&token=ThPlxJeB * to find user guides, troubleshooting steps and other services like Apps support to help you use your Microsoft * product

Kind regards,
Microsoft Mobile Device Support

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gourav mopidevi

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Recieved the following Email from Microsoft today
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Sandeep Rawat,

Thank you for emailing Microsoft Mobile Device Support.

This e-mail is in reference to the concern with VOLTE services in your Lumia 950 Dual SIM. I value the importance of information requested by you and I am happy to assist you.

In response to your email, I acknowledge the information received from your side and have taken your valuable feedback. We have shared this information with our global team.

For any assistance, please contact our support on (City Code) 30303838.

Time: 09:00 AM To 06:00 PM (IST).

Working Days: Monday to Sunday.

Or get online assistance, please visit https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...ile%2Fsupport%2Fcontact%2F.%2A&token=lNIUlKKo

You can also go online on https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...Fmobile%2Fsupport%2Fcontact%2F&token=9BrPphME * to find user guides, troubleshooting steps and other services like Apps support to help you use your Microsoft * product

Kind regards,
Microsoft Mobile Device Support

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i sitll doubth they do anything to change situation...it aint apple or samsung who try to solve problem...

gourav mopidevi

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
i dont have jio sim cant check if this work...there is a thread how to enable band 41..i dont know if enabling band 41 volte will work or not...

Download the old MS app folder app from the 8.1 days.
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...Fp%2Fapp-folder%2F9wzdncrfj3c4&token=wMijPBzS
Open it, create a folder and then you should be able to scroll through your app list to add apps to the folder. If you go down to the F listings, you should see FieldMedic. upon opening it we find all bands

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
For them, technically this is not a "problem", because VoLTE is not advertised on their website or anywhere in the phone specs. They didn't tell us the phone can do VoLTE and now the phone doesn't.

For us, it is a problem, because this expensive phone which is capable of doing VoLTE cannot do VoLTE, just because it is disabled by MS.

MS should do the right thing and enable VoLTE, but seeing that no unlocked 950/950XL anywhere in the world can do VoLTE, even in countries that have had VoLTE for years, I don't have much hope this would be fixed.

gourav mopidevi

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
For them, technically this is not a "problem", because VoLTE is not advertised on their website or anywhere in the phone specs. They didn't tell us the phone can do VoLTE and now the phone doesn't.

For us, it is a problem, because this expensive phone which is capable of doing VoLTE cannot do VoLTE, just because it is disabled by MS.

MS should do the right thing and enable VoLTE, but seeing that no unlocked 950/950XL anywhere in the world can do VoLTE, even in countries that have had VoLTE for years, I don't have much hope this would be fixed.

does they mentioned in the manual ??

gourav mopidevi

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
No. Not for any unbranded variant of the 950/950XL, not the specifications page of the website.

so it doesnt say in manual that it support 4G/LTE...i'm not asking about website physical document which comes with mobile....if they mention 4g/lte then we can say they are advertising support of volte

sandeep rawat3

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
Anyways Market share for Microsoft in India is very less, and after Jio launch, Volte will become a necessity for all phone makers to survive in India.
So hoping for the best

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Anyways Market share for Microsoft in India is very less, and after Jio launch, Volte will become a necessity for all phone makers to survive in India.
So hoping for the best

Except MS doesn't plan to launch any new models in India going forward. Lumia 650 was the last Lumia, the next high end business oriented model (rumored Surface Phone) will only launch in selected markets, India not among them.

gourav mopidevi

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
They advertise 4G/LTE, but not VoLTE. They are separate things.

i think if we have 4g/lte then it obvsly support voice on lte they might not say they support volte but they would have said voice support is possible it must be activated by carrier...in us volte is supported by carriers so if we want to use volte in our unbranded /unlocked device ms must collaborate with respective carrier and release firmware update which they dont..so no unlocked devices support volte in us only devices which brought from at&t have volte..but reliance support volte by default so mobiles which enabled volte by default have support for jio...their is also problem with dual sim models to enable volte itseem..i doubth they care about windows mobile anymore.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel