VoLTE on Unbranded Lumia 950XL DS

gourav mopidevi

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
okay mine single sim unlocked variant.....yes, its clear....i still think its MS fault as many android and ios(which are single sim/dont have knowledge about dual) supports Volte by default unlike L950 Single sim on at&t support volte where single sim L950 bought from microsoft doesnt....anyways thanks for reply.

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Yes, no one doubts that. It is MS's fault, if they wanted they could have enabled, but they didn't.

If you have a single SIM variant, flash the EE UK ROM, VoLTE would be enabled. I have tested this myself.

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes, no one doubts that. It is MS's fault, if they wanted they could have enabled, but they didn't.

If you have a single SIM variant, flash the EE UK ROM, VoLTE would be enabled. I have tested this myself.

I don't think this will work to solve the AT&T problem though, to be clear, they'd have to have their ROM variant, for it to work on that network.

I think you could probably use the stock, unlocked, MS 950 (single SIM only, where VoLTE is actually implemented fully) to a market where VoLTE was supported, a carrier would provision it. I'm pretty sure I've seen someone from the UK post about this, previously, but it's not 100%, and obviously more supposition than anything.

To be fair, AT&T won't provision anything that's not theirs(branded), except iOS devices. I went to a 6P, and I still can't get VoLTE, even though I could easily, on other carriers (although my actual coverage would suck, in our area...).

SBL

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site

have u tried that with dual sim variant. will that work??

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
have u tried that with dual sim variant. will that work??

Maybe, but I'd say there's a decent chance of creating a brick too. I'd suggest trying this with a phone you don't care about losing, say a 640 DS and flash the EE ROM.
Just sayin'. If there's a mis-match because of something special in that model variant, and the ROM overwrites it, it can be potentially not possible to recover, without OEM-level tools (not s/w, but h/w AND s/w).

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Realistically, if you live somewhere that your carriers will provision for you, you'd probably be better off just finding an "International Version", single SIM, of the 950(XL), it's going to save a LOT of potential headaches.

raghulive1

May 4, 2015
Visit site
Nope ,will be possible with Global ROM,i did fro RM-1116 dual sim to RM -1085 EE ROM,wanna proof see below screen shot
see at that end still its RM-1116 ,if change this value VoLTE can be easily achieve with carrier ROM with altered Apn settings
,wp_ss_20160926_0001.jpg

raghulive1

May 4, 2015
Visit site
1)RM-1080 so only single sim ,if you insert second sim ,both sim are blocked ,need to flash another RM-1116
2)not appeared i am Using JIO 4G (india) .Volte Provisions not applied as its base model is RM-1116 & it may also depend on sim 4G APn settings ,if your carrier Apns works for Volte ,SIM settings changed Reboot msg will come 4G advanced settings toggle will appear.but i didn't see anything like that.

SBL

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
1)RM-1080 so only single sim ,if you insert second sim ,both sim are blocked ,need to flash another RM-1116
2)not appeared i am Using JIO 4G (india) .Volte Provisions not applied as its base model is RM-1116 & it may also depend on sim 4G APn settings ,if your carrier Apns works for Volte ,SIM settings changed Reboot msg will come 4G advanced settings toggle will appear.but i didn't see anything like that.

So can u make volte calls using jio?

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

Hmm, as far as I know, there's no way to change the base model number, so with this arrangement, you are worse off than before.

So you have a Jio SIM in your phone, but the USIM settings don't appear?

madhi

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Is there any way to pressurize Microsoft to release voLTE enabled firmware in India? I do think its possible to enable it. It's just that they didn't enable it earlier.

SBL

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Is there any way to pressurize Microsoft to release voLTE enabled firmware in India? I do think its possible to enable it. It's just that they didn't enable it earlier.

Have tweeted nd mailed them.no response. Everyone do the same.
They may listen.

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it is possible, but these are US market-centric decisions, where enabling such features wouldn't help, because the carriers won't enable it. For now, up vote all VoLTE threads on feedback hub

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it is possible, but these are US market-centric decisions, where enabling such features wouldn't help, because the carriers won't enable it. For now, up vote all VoLTE threads on feedback hub

Yep, exactly, there are currently no (significant) US carriers that support it, except on a couple of branded phones.

Never hurts to have a LOT of people tweeting though, I'm pretty sure this is how the DTTW got leveraged, that and up-voting the issue.

vinayml1997

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
Hi I asked with lumia support they answered that VoLTE is not supported in India (Lumia 950 DS) but I was using Lumia 1520 it was not supported 4G in India But US model was supported after some days i got update to 4G which was unlocked 4G in my l1520 mostly VoLTE will also unlocked in L950 in future updates please upvote in feedback hub

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans