Some random questions from Android (ex Android) user.

sev7en

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
Dears,
I really love that phone... it's fantastic but there are some question I need your help.

• Did we have application AirDroid/Pushbullet like to manage the phone directly from the PC/Mac/Linux?
  • Does it is possible to have quick link in the Start menu to call/send SMS/send group SMS like the Android widget?
  • Does it is possible to import directly the SMS without follow the OneDrive way from an Android phone?
  • To get at work a smartwatch/fitness-tracket, I have to get the ones from MS, FitBit and Garmin? I have also a Pebble Time but the free application on the store doesn't work
  • There is any alternative than Edge? It's very ugly... before I used Opera Dev with a great feeling.

Thank you,

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Dears,
I really love that phone... it's fantastic but there are some question I need your help.

• Did we have application AirDroid/Pushbullet like to manage the phone directly from the PC/Mac/Linux?
  • Does it is possible to have quick link in the Start menu to call/send SMS/send group SMS like the Android widget?
  • Does it is possible to import directly the SMS without follow the OneDrive way from an Android phone?
  • To get at work a smartwatch/fitness-tracket, I have to get the ones from MS, FitBit and Garmin? I have also a Pebble Time but the free application on the store doesn't work
  • There is any alternative than Edge? It's very ugly... before I used Opera Dev with a great feeling.

Thank you,

I'm not sure how that app works - maybe you can explain what it does?
you can pin contacts to the start screen - I guess that would be a close feature
I remember transferring all my contacts from an android phone to my windows phone using the transfer my data app (found in ms store)
Yes to the ones you've listed
There are 3 main browsers that you can use - there's Edge, UC browser which is excellent with many features and Opera mini

sev7en

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
I'm not sure how that app works - maybe you can explain what it does?
you can pin contacts to the start screen - I guess that would be a close feature
I remember transferring all my contacts from an android phone to my windows phone using the transfer my data app (found in ms store)
Yes to the ones you've listed
There are 3 main browsers that you can use - there's Edge, UC browser which is excellent with many features and Opera mini
Hi,
thanks for the prompt reply, the application/tool I am looking for should be able to have the same services as AirDroid or Pushbullet: https://www.airdroid.com/

Did we have something like that in the W10M World?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
thanks for the prompt reply, the application/tool I am looking for should be able to have the same services as AirDroid or Pushbullet: https://www.airdroid.com/

Did we have something like that in the W10M World?

in that case, this is not so much as an app as a connected experience. Currently we can see sms on the pc, check notifications, etc. For mirroring the display - you can use project my screen app (this is an app you install on the pc) which works with mouse and touch screen.

The feature set will be expanded in future updates - recently MS were trying messaging everywhere where you could reply to messages from the pc without having to check the phone. This can be done I believe with Cortana

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I also remember a new feature coming out next month where you can use Cortana to send pictures to the pc through voice commands

sev7en

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
in that case, this is not so much as an app as a connected experience. Currently we can see sms on the pc, check notifications, etc. For mirroring the display - you can use project my screen app (this is an app you install on the pc) which works with mouse and touch screen.

The feature set will be expanded in future updates - recently MS were trying messaging everywhere where you could reply to messages from the pc without having to check the phone. This can be done I believe with Cortana
I installed it and it works like a charm, nice pick! but it is just a projection I cannot interact with it (here the screen) but it is a great starting point. Did I have to set something to interact with it?

Attachments

• 2016-07-09_19-42-28.png
    2016-07-09_19-42-28.png
    93.5 KB · Views: 4

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I installed it and it works like a charm, nice pick! but it is just a projection I cannot interact with it (here the screen) but it is a great starting point. Did I have to set something to interact with it?

project my screen app works once the phone screen has been unlocked
You can interact with it using the mouse or touch if your pc is touch enabled. There's not much beyond that though - they haven't updated it in a long while.

However, since you're using a 950xl, it has continuum capabilities. Do you have the dock? You can convert a tv into a pc using your phone and the dock

sev7en

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
Good afternoon,
yes I have it but I cannot project Continuum as a window inside the current Windows' session... like AirDroid.

Phone Companion on Windows 10 looks interesting but I don't know the reason, both are using the same account but it reports "Make sure you are signed in on this PC with the same Microsoft account of the phone".

I have it but it doesn't work...

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Good afternoon,
yes I have it but I cannot project Continuum as a window inside the current Windows' session... like AirDroid.

Phone Companion on Windows 10 looks interesting but I don't know the reason, both are using the same account but it reports "Make sure you are signed in on this PC with the same Microsoft account of the phone".

I have it but it doesn't work...

Redstone is having Project your phone to desktop... and you control your phone as a window on your desktop. I haven't tried it in a while since it got broken in one of the builds, will try after I put the latest insiders

ferretzombie

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
For pushbullet/airdroid, there isn't a true equivlent on windows mobile that I know of. Notification mirroring comes natively with redstone builds of windows 10, and cortana can respond to text messages. True messaging everywhere is supposed to be integrated into skype at some point.

For copying things around and syncing between devices. There are a couple apps that do this. For example, Copy Space is one that released recently, and allows you to copy things into it and it will use onedrive to sync it to the phone (Syncing is only with the paid version). It doesn't have a browser extension unfortunately.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
So having looked at AirDroid a quick bit, I guess windows approach is that they're aiming for it doesn't matter that you have different devices, but that you can action on anything on any device. I get all my phone's notifications on my surface 3 right now (both insider fast redstone) and some apps exists on phone and desktop.

If there's a gap in app availability, you could always control your phone from the desktop either as mirror or as continuum (see pictures below)

The file transfer wirelessly thing, I guess it depends if you really need direct access to your phone storage wireless or is it ok to put it on onedrive where any device can then get to it.

What other features of Airdroid are you looking for that doesn't seem to be addressed a different way?

connectapp-mirror.JPG
connectapp-continuum.JPG

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6