I updated my contacts in outlook 2016 (desktop) and it updated my contacts everywhere except the people app on my phone. How can I force the phone to update and match? I clicked sync and it tried to copy the app contact configuration to my updates instead of the other way around. Any idea how to fix this?
    07-09-2016 07:49 PM
    What type account do you have set up in outlook 2016?

I always recommend updating from the website. people.live.com
    07-09-2016 10:11 PM
    It's an outlook account. It's updated on the website but the phone app doesn't match.
    07-10-2016 12:10 AM
    It's an outlook account. It's updated on the website but the phone app doesn't match.
    try to upload a csv file into the people section
    07-10-2016 01:41 AM
    try to upload a csv file into the people section
    upload a csv file into my phone?
    07-11-2016 02:43 AM
    upload a csv file into my phone?
    I was a bit vague, sorry. I meant go to the browser on pc, open https://people.live.com/, and then select import contacts
    07-11-2016 07:29 AM
    I was a bit vague, sorry. I meant go to the browser on pc, open https://people.live.com/, and then select import contacts
    It's already up to date on the website. It's just not that the phone app doesn't seem to match. It's showing contacts I've deleted and such.
    07-14-2016 04:21 AM
    It's already up to date on the website. It's just not that the phone app doesn't seem to match. It's showing contacts I've deleted and such.
    maybe give it some time or sync again
    07-14-2016 09:29 AM
    I'm just going to hard reset and start fresh. Between this and the stuck app I think it's time to face the facts that this phone is having issues.
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    07-16-2016 01:56 AM
    maybe give it some time or sync again

I dunno how but it finally synced!
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    08-06-2016 04:31 AM
    I take that back. Some how all my contacts are now messed up smh.
    08-06-2016 01:17 PM
    Go to your Mail app, and Sync. This will also sync the people app (and you Calendar too).

I'm not sure, there may be an atomic operation to sync people, but I'm not aware of one.
    08-06-2016 02:00 PM
    Go to your Mail app, and Sync. This will also sync the people app (and you Calendar too).

I'm not sure, there may be an atomic operation to sync people, but I'm not aware of one.
    Do you know of a manual way to sync from the desktop program. Because it seems all the changes I've made in outlook 2016 has now be rewritten over with the old wrong info. I assume this is from my phone.
    08-07-2016 01:06 PM
    Do you still have the (correct) changes in your desktop Outlook? If so Send/Receive will manually sync the desktop Outlook changes into your Live space, or cloud.

Before doing this, I'd disconnect your phone from ANY data sources (WiFi, Cell, etc), and try a sync from the desktop Outlook, so see if it'll overwrite the Live info.

I don't know how precedence is controlled, I'm sure there's some rules here, but they're hard to find, trying to look up precedence just pulls up a bunch of "sync to iphone"and other junk.

Be careful, if you change things on a phone/tablet/whatever, you can end up "corrupting" your Live-cloud data.
    The good news is, if you disable everything else, it usually doesn't take all that long to clean things up in your desktop Outlook environment.
    Then, if you sync the desktop outlook, and wait a couple of minutes, you can can re-sync the other devices to the updated info.
    08-07-2016 02:51 PM
    Do you still have the (correct) changes in your desktop Outlook? If so Send/Receive will manually sync the desktop Outlook changes into your Live space, or cloud.

Before doing this, I'd disconnect your phone from ANY data sources (WiFi, Cell, etc), and try a sync from the desktop Outlook, so see if it'll overwrite the Live info.

I don't know how precedence is controlled, I'm sure there's some rules here, but they're hard to find, trying to look up precedence just pulls up a bunch of "sync to iphone"and other junk.

Be careful, if you change things on a phone/tablet/whatever, you can end up "corrupting" your Live-cloud data.
    The good news is, if you disable everything else, it usually doesn't take all that long to clean things up in your desktop Outlook environment.
    Then, if you sync the desktop outlook, and wait a couple of minutes, you can can re-sync the other devices to the updated info.
    Thanks! I'm going to try all of this ASAP and report back.
    08-08-2016 11:31 AM

Mann you are the real MVP! Everything is working and sync'd great now. Appreciate it big time!
    08-08-2016 12:41 PM
    Mann you are the real MVP! Everything is working and sync'd great now. Appreciate it big time!
    Thanks for the reply!
    NP, glad I could definitively solve someone's problem for a change! Hopefully others will find the thread useful too.
    08-08-2016 06:01 PM