Why did the RBC Mobile App stop working on my Lumia 950XL?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

RBC Mobile App stop working on lumia 950XL

Greetings,

Since the last week the RBC Mobile app shows me the same error each time I want to connect to my account: You are not current connected to the internet, Please try again.

is someone here having the same problem?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: RBC Mobile App stop working on lumia 950XL

Greetings,

Since the last week the RBC Mobile app shows me the same error each time I want to connect to my account: You are not current connected to the internet, Please try again.

is someone here having the same problem?

try a restart or reinstall the app

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

pipe7

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Damn, same problem for me. Not good, I really need my banking app. I just used it a few days ago, so not sure if this is since the last OS update or if something broke on RBC's end. What OS build are you on? I'm on the latest Insider Fast build. Lumia 950.

wetworker

Oct 31, 2010
www.zunecards.net

Same here. it stopped working on my 1520. BTW. it still working on my desktop and Surface RT.
I really needs this app because I pay all my bills with it.

Royal.jpg

pipe7

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I get the same issue. It could be their end, it could be the newest os update, it could be they are taking it offline to make a windows 10 version of app. So who knows.

Its not the newest OS update, its definitely the app. Same issue on my phone on Insider Fast ring, and my wife's on Production. Not sure if it is working on not on WP8 though, but I assume its the same issue. I think a W10 universal app is just drearning though, i'd say they are more likely to discontinue the app vs build a new Universal app.

pipe7

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I should also add that the app problem SEEMED to occur around the same time the RBC online making site going down for a day or so. Possibly related to that.

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Just my luck. I have accounts with 2 banks: BMO and RBC. BMO has no Windows phone app and now RBC app is kaput. Hopefully, they'll fix it sooner than later. BMO is really my main account and it's a drag that they have no app and their mobile site does not work properly in Edge (or any other browser I've tried on W10M). I have to use the desktop site.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Its not the newest OS update, its definitely the app. Same issue on my phone on Insider Fast ring, and my wife's on Production. Not sure if it is working on not on WP8 though, but I assume its the same issue. I think a W10 universal app is just drearning though, i'd say they are more likely to discontinue the app vs build a new Universal app.

What's odd is I get this internet not working message on some of my Desktop apps since last update.

My brother also got it on production build after the last production update. It's happening on his intel driver utility program which is w32.

Not sure if it's a coincidence but never happened before.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Just my luck. I have accounts with 2 banks: BMO and RBC. BMO has no Windows phone app and now RBC app is kaput. Hopefully, they'll fix it sooner than later. BMO is really my main account and it's a drag that they have no app and their mobile site does not work properly in Edge (or any other browser I've tried on W10M). I have to use the desktop site.

They have a desktop app which I prefer to their site. It's still from windows 8 but works pretty well.

sphax22

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
@wetworker : I just call the RBC number you indicate in your message to tell them about the error and try to help them, but the only answer I got is that they aware of the problem and they working on it. Unfortunately they have no ETA nor they got any inside about a W10M UWP application (which should be great !)... so we have to be patient and hopefully they won't pull off the app from the store...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12